JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

I had it in my brain I was going DL, EDGE or S there... and then Josh Jacobs was available, and I went over to the Colts site and looked at that roster. When Marlon Mack is not in the lineup, it's a different team. He's hurt all the time. He is not an every down RB, despite his make-up, and Josh Jacobs is a perfect addition to pair with him - and eventually take the job fully once he learns blitz pickup.

All WEAPONZ so far for Andrew.

38 minutes ago, Lith said:

Well, ThaiJets pick for the Patiots wraps up Round 1.  Less than 2 days for R1 is a really nice pace.  No missed picks.  No crazy reaches.  Pretty good draft so far, 

Lets keep it up over the next 6.

I had Jeffery Simmons in my sights right from the beginning. Then Jetfanatic beat me to it at the 11th hour. The curse of picking last.

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I had it in my brain I was going DL, EDGE or S there... and then Josh Jacobs was available, and I went over to the Colts site and looked at that roster. When Marlon Mack is not in the lineup, it's a different team. He's hurt all the time. He is not an every down RB, despite his make-up, and Josh Jacobs is a perfect addition to pair with him - and eventually take the job fully once he learns blitz pickup.

Dick. I was hoping Jacobs would last a few more picks

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Nyheim Hines is a fine back up. Idk probably wouldn’t have gone complimentary back in the 2nd round.

thats just me tho

13 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I had Jeffery Simmons in my sights right from the beginning. Then Jetfanatic beat me to it at the 11th hour. The curse of picking last.

I felt Simmons was BPA there.  It also fit a need for the Rams with Suh most likely not resigning with them.  I like the Harry pick that'd be a nightmare because I think he'll be a playmaker in the NFL

29 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Nyheim Hines is a fine back up. Idk probably wouldn’t have gone complimentary back in the 2nd round.

thats just me tho

Fair criticism, but I’m also considering where he’ll go in real life. May not be an ideal Colts pick, but he will hopefully be good value when scoring out drafts. We’ll see... this is how I learn about the prospects. I don’t know jack until JN draft, frankly.

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Fair criticism, but I’m also considering where he’ll go in real life. May not be an ideal Colts pick, but he will hopefully be good value when scoring out drafts. We’ll see... this is how I learn about the prospects. I don’t know jack until JN draft, frankly.

I like the Jacobs pick.  I am high on him -- and see the lack of carries at Bama as a plus.  Plenty of tread still left on those tires.  I think he can be a good 3 down back at the next level.  I think he is more than just a complementary back.  That was just how he was used in a crowded backfield at Bama.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I entered the mind of an addled old washout

I just had a flashback to 2007.

JI spent an offseason sh*tting on the Giants and Eli, then they win a SuperBowl.

I'm not sure I can take a season of realization that Gettleman built a team that could keep Manning upright and functional. The "one last hoorah" for Eli Manning story line ending in an improbable playoff run would see me drop out of law school and break up with my fiance. I would spend my days here telling people I became a lawyer and that I was making money when in reality I'd have returned to my parents' basement.

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I'm not sure I can take a season of realization that Gettleman built a team that could keep Manning upright and functional. The "one last hoorah" for Eli Manning story line ending in an improbable playoff run would see me drop out of law school and break up with my fiance. I would spend my days here telling people I became a lawyer and that I was making money when in reality I'd have returned to my parents basement.

This hits close to home, pal

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Damn you @IndianaJet, don't you have enough receivers!? That was my guy. ?

It will be a few minutes for my pick -- have to readjust my plans.

I can relate.  4 of my next 5 are goners. I'm watching as almost every pick takes away my besties. lol