There's something wrong.... with most of us

JetsMetsDevilsPA

6 hours ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

We're all Rammy.  The Uniform release, the shi*ty end of Free Agency, the draft.  Lets face it, most of these topics that are posted are done because we are a bunch of agonizing, bored, die hard Jets Fans.  Who do we sign? Is Defense more important than Offense? Where do we go with the draft?  Personally the only god damn thing I care about is we put tools in place around Sam.  That starts with the O-Line and reliable targets... I hear everyone saying edge rusher, edge rusher, edge rusher and thats not what Sam needs.  If I were Mac I would be doing everything in my power to trade down.  Thats not necessarily for a team looking for a QB, it could be that team looking for the edge rusher that everyone is getting a stiffy for and i'd bet my left nut that some of these teams would trade up to get them.  This draft has to be about putting the pieces around Sam.  I personally feel he is the FQB we have been waiting for over ages but how exactly can you evaluate that unless he has the tools?  Bottom line:  If you score 55 points a game you dont need the elusive edge rusher.  Draft has to be all Offense.  

I agree trade back to 15 and grab Garrett Bradbury to fix the center spot the Jets spent 50 million on Bell your going to put him behind a backup scrub like Harrison? You have to be kidding the Jets spent 140 million between CJ Moseley and Trumaine Johnson. Add in Avery Williams, Jamal Adams, Leonard Williams. Most teams with the exception of a few do not have that much talent on the defense. Im not saying completely ignore the defense but the Jets have to shore up the OL all we need to see is Darnold take a hit and have a injury that screws his career. this GM is a idiot you spend this kind of money on Bell draft Sam and you do nothing to fix the OL except sign a backup center and trade for a Guard on the wrong side of 29. You cant make this crap up.

21 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Everyone is fixated on getting an elite pass rusher. The jets haven't had one since John Abraham. I get it. The jets need one, but everyone is acting like it's the last piece to the puzzle. 

The jets aren't winning the SB this year, but they can be competitive and contend for the playoffs. The best thing to do is what the OP said,  help Sam Darnold. He is still developing.Putting good players around his side of the ball will help him reach his potential faster. 

Build a wall around him with a top 10 Oline  and get a #1 WR. 

What's wrong with the Jets being like the Saints from 12'-16' (scoring 40 points a lot of games but going 8-8)  for a year? This defense isn't as bad as those saints without a true pass rusher anyways. 

There's going to be plenty of offseasons with Sam around to fill that void on the edge

Sam Darnold might have the skills to shock the league next year. This Jet defense couldn't get off the damn field on 3rd down last year.

While offense is extremely important in the NFL teams like the Steelers with Juju, AB, Big Ben were golfing early because their defense is below average.

We should be able to give Sam ENOUGH weapons & PROTECT him so he can make some plays. We need a pass rusher to add to Adams, Maye, Mosley, Lee, Jenkins, Avery, Leo, Anderson. 

GET TO THE TOURNAMENT! As Parcells always put it. You guys can lament the holes on this team all day long but crazy sh*t always happens in this league because of injuries & unexpected bits of luck. 

Sam Darnold is going to be 22 years old at the start of this season. He's big, strong, can move, make every throw, can be elusive just enough, can throw going left or right & can create his own script.

I don't care who you are playing, if THE TEAM, is healthy & has confidence in Sam, if your an opposing fan in a playoff game playing against the lowly Jets (that's the prescript), and you see Sam Darnold, Le'veon Bell in the backfield, Quincy Enunwa, Robbie Anderson, Jameson Crowder, Chris Herndon, it might not seem like a murderers row, but each guy brings something to the table that could break open a game. Protect Sam, run Bell & throw to him out of the backfield, this group as a whole could test a defense for sure! 

I don't think them shockingly someone in a playoff game would truly surprise people that understand the game. We don't know what Darnolds legacy will be yet, but it would not shock NFL insiders if he turns into a great pro earlier than expected. The guy can make plays like he did against Buffalo,  those types of plays can happen if you somehow get in the playoffs & that's how you end up moving up the NFL ladder & are recognized throughout the league.

I don't think players were blowing smoke up Sams azz after seeing him live & up close. I think they were genuinely like, "holy chit, this kids only 21, 6-3", 225, played LB in high school, and one year of college?".

I think players in this league believe the Skies the limit for Sam.  I believe Giants fans will rue the day their team passed on Darnold no matter how great of a RB Barkley becomes, he's an awesome player but Darnold will be like Marino was to the Jets. Great QBs trump RBs, or even other QB misses. We passed on Dan Marino for Ken Obrien. At least Obrien was a QB, passing on Sam Darnold for a RB will forever haunt the Giants with Sam playing right in their own YARD at MetLife. It's the Jets time to be THE NY FOOTBALL JETS!

21 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Everyone is fixated on getting an elite pass rusher. The jets haven't had one since John Abraham. I get it. The jets need one, but everyone is acting like it's the last piece to the puzzle. 

The jets aren't winning the SB this year, but they can be competitive and contend for the playoffs. The best thing to do is what the OP said,  help Sam Darnold. He is still developing.Putting good players around his side of the ball will help him reach his potential faster. 

Build a wall around him with a top 10 Oline  and get a #1 WR. 

What's wrong with the Jets being like the Saints from 12'-16' (scoring 40 points a lot of games but going 8-8)  for a year? This defense isn't as bad as those saints without a true pass rusher anyways. 

There's going to be plenty of offseasons with Sam around to fill that void on the edge

Sam Darnold might have the skills to shock the league next year. This Jet defense couldn't get off the damn field on 3rd down last year.

While offense is extremely important in the NFL teams like the Steelers with Juju, AB, Big Ben were golfing early because their defense is below average.

We should be able to give Sam ENOUGH weapons & PROTECT him so he can make some plays. We need a pass rusher to add to Adams, Maye, Mosley, Lee, Jenkins, Avery, Leo, Anderson. 

GET TO THE TOURNAMENT! As Parcells always put it. You guys can lament the holes on this team all day long but crazy sh*t always happens in this league because of injuries & unexpected bits of luck. 

Sam Darnold is going to be 22 years old at the start of this season. He's big, strong, can move, make every throw, can be elusive just enough, can throw going left or right & can create his own script.

I don't care who you are playing, if THE TEAM, is healthy & has confidence in Sam, if your an opposing fan in a playoff game playing against the lowly Jets (that's the prescript), and you see Sam Darnold, Le'veon Bell in the backfield, Quincy Enunwa, Robbie Anderson, Jameson Crowder, Chris Herndon, it might not seem like a murderers row, but each guy brings something to the table that could break open a game. Protect Sam, run Bell & throw to him out of the backfield, this group as a whole could test a defense for sure! 

I don't think them shockingly someone in a playoff game would truly surprise people that understand the game. We don't know what Darnolds legacy will be yet, but it would not shock NFL insiders if he turns into a great pro earlier than expected. The guy can make plays like he did against Buffalo,  those types of plays can happen if you somehow get in the playoffs & that's how you end up moving up the NFL ladder & are recognized throughout the league.

I don't think players were blowing smoke up Sams azz after seeing him live & up close. I think they were genuinely like, "holy chit, this kids only 21, 6-3", 225, played LB in high school, and one year of college?".

I think players in this league believe the Skies the limit for Sam.  I believe Giants fans will rue the day their team passed on Darnold no matter how great of a RB Barkley becomes, he's an awesome player but Darnold will be like Marino was to the Jets. Great QBs trump RBs, or even other QB misses. We passed on Dan Marino for Ken Obrien. At least Obrien was a QB, passing on Sam Darnold for a RB will forever haunt the Giants with Sam playing right in their own YARD at MetLife. It's the Jets time to be THE NY FOOTBALL JETS!

I think I laid it out pretty simplistically. Build the line so Sam doesn't have to run worry about his nuts being in his throat every down. That plan will do nothing but benefit him and LB. I dont think we need to spend draft capital on a WR but another top quality TE would help.

So what else is new?
Ok, so you want to fix the OL.  What's your plan?  Trade down and take a center?  That's plausible but only if we get a mid-round first AND a second and a third.  A LT who won't play this year?  That's possible but it won't help the team this year.  A RT who may or may not play and who will likely not improve the OL?  Unlikely because Shell is there and from what I've read he will be ready for camp.  
I'm not asking facetiously.  What would be ideal for you?

Sent from my SM-G960U using JetNation.com mobile app

Uhm. Is this a review of the new defense or old? Jesus. Who gives a flying sh%t about last year

I think you said it right there: "an average defense".  we have an AWFUL defense.  I was just re-watching the Jets-Texans game last night (IMHO Sam's best day as a pro).  Man, I forgot how from late in the 2nd quarter until early 4th quarter our defense was lights out!  I mean texans couldn't even snap the ball!!  that was great.  then Sam gets the ball with like 12 minutes left in the game, and engineers a 7 minute plus drive to take the lead.  5 minutes left.  all the defense has to do is hold it.  and what happens?  Titans game - we are winning for 59 minutes!!!  and blow it in the end!!  packers game, browns game.....colts game! (no one mentions that because we won.  ridiculous how we didn't blow them out by 30!!)  on and on and on....
I don't care if you are an amazing defense for 58 minutes of the game.  what matters is what happens at the end of the game when it matters most.  and this defense consistently lets us down.  I, for one, am sick of it.
last year was a QB-heavy draft.  this year, it's defense.  we certainly are NOT one player away, but if someone like Bosa is there for us and we don't take him....

Again. Last year. Can we move on already?

Archived