What team would you rather have?

choon328

What team would you rather have?   

58 members have voted

1. 1. If you could pick any team to replace the current Jets team for the next 5 years which team from 2018 would you take? The rosters stay the same for those 5 years and this is the same roster each team entered the playoffs with.

• 2018 Ravens: Good Offense, Great Defense
    • 2018 Chiefs: Great Offense, Average Defense

9 minutes ago, choon328 said:

This will be a good indication of how each member wants the Jets to be built around Darnold.

Will it?  Lamar Jackson is terrible while Mahomes looks to be the next big thing HOF QB.

I get what you're trying to accomplish but it's hard to not look at the QB and see grand canyon size gap.

I picked offense, even though I want the Jets to stick with #3 and take Bosa/Allen.

I look at it this way:  I'd always rather have a team like the 1998 Jets to the 2010 Jets.  Sure both made the AFC Championship game, but man it is just so much more exciting when you see Vinny just throwing the ball all over the place; Martin running all over the place, etc.  2009/2010 we had Sanchez and a great defense.  I don't wanna take anything away from those teams, nor the excitement they provided me, but I'd rather win a game 54-49 than win 6-3.  Just me.

2 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I picked offense, even though I want the Jets to stick with #3 and take Bosa/Allen.

I look at it this way:  I'd always rather have a team like the 1998 Jets to the 2010 Jets.  Sure both made the AFC Championship game, but man it is just so much more exciting when you see Vinny just throwing the ball all over the place; Martin running all over the place, etc.  2009/2010 we had Sanchez and a great defense.  I don't wanna take anything away from those teams, nor the excitement they provided me, but I'd rather win a game 54-49 than win 6-3.  Just me.

Which of his 14 yds rushing was your favorite in the AFCCG?? Or was it his 3.5 for the season??

Is the purpose of this thread simply to say; dont draft a pass rusher at #3, instead, draft offense?  If that's the case, it's stupid, no offense.  You dont reach for need because you think that taking an offensive player at #3 miraculously fixes everything that is wrong with this team.  And more importantly, the draft dictates what's available.  Not the teams.  And in terms of importance, pass rush is probably right behind QB.  So I really dont get it.

What is hilariously ironic about this thread is the Chiefs rarely draft offense in the first round or with their first pick in the draft.  In the last 10 years, it's been Mahomes, Fisher and gigantic bust, Jonathan Baldwin.  Before that?  Dwayne Bowe in 2007.  The rest?  DB's and pass rushers.  All of the offensive talent they have, was taken between round 3-6.  Kelce, Hill, Conley, Hunt and then a bunch of FA's.

So....

2018 Chiefs: Great Offense, Average Defense (18)

choon328

Kolchak

Beerfish

NYs Stepchild

TokyoJetsFan

Rolloffjet

JiF

section314

themeangreenkillingmachine

rex-n-effect

Legend Killa7

Barry McCockinner

jetsons

Kevin L

T0mShane

playtowinthegame

32EBoozer

JetPotato

2018 Ravens: Good Offense, Great Defense (2)

jeremy2020

prime21

You defined the teams incorrectly:

KC was a "great offense" and a "bad defense"

BAL was a "great defense" and an "awful offense".  Once an opponent saw them twice (LAC) their offense
was worthless

If I had to choose I'll pick KC

Problem I see here is due to the salary cap situations, and free agent defections for both teams, next year you can expect the Ravens to have an average defense and the Chiefs to have a distinctly poor one.

The Chiefs window to win the Super Bowl was this year.  They will not go as deep into the playoffs next year as this past season.  Mahomes can be even better than he was this year, but defections on offense, as well as the Tyreek Hill situation will hurt the offense as well.

As for the Jets, I want an aggressive, hard hitting press defense, with strength up the middle, that gives up nothing in the running game, and forces offenses to pass the ball.

On offense, I want a quick hitting, wide open offense, featuring a heavy dose of high percentage  medium range passing routes,.  More  play action, an established running attack, featuring Mr Bell,, and an increase in over the top fly routes and post patterns.  Unpredictable and up tempo, please.

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Is the purpose of this thread simply to say; dont draft a pass rusher at #3, instead, draft offense?  If that's the case, it's stupid, no offense.  You dont reach for need because you think that taking an offensive player at #3 miraculously fixes everything that is wrong with this team.  And more importantly, the draft dictates what's available.  Not the teams.  And in terms of importance, pass rush is probably right behind QB.  So I really dont get it.

What is hilariously ironic about this thread is the Chiefs rarely draft offense in the first round or with their first pick in the draft.  In the last 10 years, it's been Mahomes, Fisher and gigantic bust, Jonathan Baldwin.  Before that?  Dwayne Bowe in 2007.  The rest?  DB's and pass rushers.  All of the offensive talent they have, was taken between round 3-6.  Kelce, Hill, Conley, Hunt and then a bunch of FA's.

So....

Just curious, do the Jets draft as well as the Chiefs, I know coaching is much, much, much better for the chiefs.  

If you can’t draft well, coaching sucks...it’s been a long time since Mangold and DF when I paid some attention to an NFL team.  The Jets are so far behind, you may have to reach on the oline, and maybe next year too.  

I read most of last seasons draft thread, what would have happened if you drafted Josh Rosen?  ?

4 hours ago, JiF said:

Will it?  Lamar Jackson is terrible while Mahomes looks to be the next big thing HOF QB.

I get what you're trying to accomplish but it's hard to not look at the QB and see grand canyon size gap.

Well that and one team had a bye and hosted the AFCC while the other lost to a better team on wild card weekend 

This is an idiotic thread. The ravens have nothing. They lost their best defense (to us). The chiefs at least have an elite young QB. The choice is a no brainer. The Jets are better than the ravens on both sides of the ball right now.

5 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Just curious, do the Jets draft as well as the Chiefs, I know coaching is much, much, much better for the chiefs.  

If you can’t draft well, coaching sucks...it’s been a long time since Mangold and DF when I paid some attention to an NFL team.  The Jets are so far behind, you may have to reach on the oline, and maybe next year too.  

I read most of last seasons draft thread, what would have happened if you drafted Josh Rosen?  ?

Rosen was an obvious bust from the start.

9 hours ago, KRL said:

You defined the teams incorrectly:

KC was a "great offense" and a "bad defense"

BAL was a "great defense" and an "awful offense".  Once an opponent saw them twice (LAC) their offense
was worthless

If I had to choose I'll pick KC

I went by rankings. The Baltimore offense was in the top 15 in points and yards.

15 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Problem I see here is due to the salary cap situations, and free agent defections for both teams, next year you can expect the Ravens to have an average defense and the Chiefs to have a distinctly poor one.

The Chiefs window to win the Super Bowl was this year.  They will not go as deep into the playoffs next year as this past season.  Mahomes can be even better than he was this year, but defections on offense, as well as the Tyreek Hill situation will hurt the offense as well.

As for the Jets, I want an aggressive, hard hitting press defense, with strength up the middle, that gives up nothing in the running game, and forces offenses to pass the ball.

On offense, I want a quick hitting, wide open offense, featuring a heavy dose of high percentage  medium range passing routes,.  More  play action, an established running attack, featuring Mr Bell,, and an increase in over the top fly routes and post patterns.  Unpredictable and up tempo, please.

What is this up tempo you speak of ?

14 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

What is this up temp you speak of ?

Oh, you know that wide open, quick hitting, "West Coast" type offense, we get promised, with the arrival of every new offensive coordinator.  The one that is used as a tease every pre-season in memory, only to be ripped out of our psyche, and replaced with a plodding, one dimensional, unimaginative piece of sh*t once the season starts.  That, up tempo offense.  Glad you asked. I feel better now....?

Neither really. The chiefs are going to fall down to earth. Hunt is gone. Hill will he gone. Yeah mahomes is good but their defense is about to even worse than it was last year. 

Wouldnt want the ravens either. Defense is definitely better but their QB is doodoo

1 hour ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Oh, you know that wide open, quick hitting, "West Coast" type offense, we get promised, with the arrival of every new offensive coordinator.  The one that is used as a tease every pre-season in memory, only to be ripped out of our psyche, and replaced with a plodding, one dimensional, unimaginative piece of sh*t once the season starts.  That, up tempo offense.  Glad you asked. I feel better now....?

Oh yes! - I have seen this I wondered what it was, but I wasn’t watching a Jets game at the time. The number of times alone last season I was watching NFL games on Sky in the UK, and thought Is this even the same sport? - It was ridiculous, Both LA teams, Kansas, Steelers, Saints, and of course the Pats. All play this exciting keep the D on their back foot style of Offence.

Meanwhile the Lonely Planet Warrior Jeremy Bates, offence was so bland, predictable it wasn’t funny.

I could predict Pass/Run and often the play call after a while, and I’m just a fan, and not the D coordinator of an NFL team.   

Archived