Shane Ray visiting Colts

BCJet

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Guy is a never was.  He couldn’t get stats lining up opposite Von Miller in Denver look at Chubb who got 12 sacks as a rookie in the same situation 

Agreed. We have guys that are as good, if not better. Tells you all you need to know about Ray.

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

Seems like someone we could afford to take a shot at..............hello Mac, are you awake.  

I wonder if other team boards, like this one, have posters that think every free agent belongs to their team. 

Kid had 14 sacks in 4 years(2 sacks combined the last two years) and the team that drafted him couldn't wait to get rid of him. I'd take a shot but only if the price is really cheap. 

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I would give him a 3 year deal for 18 mil. 6 mil guaranteed. 

Just let him rush the passer from a 3 point stance. I think he'll be pretty good. 

I think you would be giving away 6mil guaranteed.

He hasnt done anything for years.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I wonder if other team boards, like this one, have posters that think every free agent belongs to their team. 

Kid had 14 sacks in 4 years(2 sacks combined the last two years) and the team that drafted him couldn't wait to get rid of him. I'd take a shot but only if the price is really cheap. 

Its like I recognize his name and just know anyone elses shlt is better than a player on our team. 

Ray, Dez..........

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I think you would be giving away 6mil guaranteed.

He hasnt done anything for years.

I think he's been out of position as a LB. 

To me he's worth 6 mil as a designated pass rusher.

A 6 mil prove it deal with 2 extra optional years would be worth it to me.

If I'm right we could get a real bargain and he nets 10 sacks as a 4-3 end. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Shane Ray would be an upgrade here that's the bottom line. 

I am so looking forward to seeing CJ Mosley weak havoc on opposing teams give the man some help. 

Yeah, the bottom line, lol

3 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

I think he's been out of position as a LB. 

To me he's worth 6 mil as a designated pass rusher.

A 6 mil prove it deal with 2 extra optional years would be worth it to me.

If I'm right we could get a real bargain and he nets 10 sacks as a 4-3 end. 

The old out of position defense of a JAG.

Jeez, the Broncos have no idea how to play defense or what their players can or cant do.

A few fans on a Jet board do?  

Gregg Williams will be the difference maker in the Jets D players will be better. 

In case you haven't heard Todd Bowles and Kacy Rodgers have left the building. 

NY Jets  down by 30 points and defense getting smoked we won't see these faces anymore. 

That was 4 years of HELL 

Image result for kacy rodgers

Image result for todd bowles jets pics

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I am too. the fact that Shane Ray, whos job is primarily to get sacks has only 0.5 sack more than a guy who's primary job is not to get sacks is not flattering

Denver used him sparingly and incorrectly he seemed to be in the dog house there. 

Change of scenery and good defensive coordinator might do the kid some good. 

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The old out of position defense of a JAG.

Jeez, the Broncos have no idea how to play defense or what their players can or cant do.

A few fans on a Jet board do?  

Ray is a lot of things but he's not a JAG. Pass rushers are hard to find and expensive.

He had 8 sacks in 2016 as a rookie then he's been hurt and came back slow. 

So the argument is he can't stay healthy, and maybe he's not big enough, but he's certainly not average. 

I think he's a DE in a LBers body. Only good on obvious passing downs. Like a closer, he needs to throw his one pitch as hard as he can. 

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Ray is a lot of things but he's not a JAG. Pass rushers are hard to find and expensive.

He had 8 sacks in 2016 as a rookie then he's been hurt and came back slow. 

So the argument is he can't stay healthy, and maybe he's not big enough, but he's certainly not average. 

I think he's a DE in a LBers body. Only good on obvious passing downs. Like a closer, he needs to throw his one pitch as hard as he can. 

Two sacks and only a handful of tackles is the definition of a JAG.  Just as two sacks for his last two seasons isn't a pass rusher.  14 over a career with 8 in one season on a dominant defense isn't a hard to find pass rusher.  Someone with a LBs body doesn't translate into a DE because you think he's a dominate pass rusher, even if it were actually true.  

Hes a JAG I would pass on.  No biggie

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Two sacks and only a handful of tackles is the definition of a JAG.  Just as two sacks for his last two seasons isn't a pass rusher.  14 over a career with 8 in one season on a dominant defense isn't a hard to find pass rusher.  Someone with a LBs body doesn't translate into a DE because you think he's a dominate pass rusher, even if it were actually true.  

Hes a JAG I would pass on.  No biggie

You don't even understand what a JAG is,

I'm not surprised that the rest of your argument has nothing to do with watching the player. 

54 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

You don't even understand what a JAG is,

I'm not surprised that the rest of your argument has nothing to do with watching the player. 

Youre the one arguing that I dont know what a JAG is when hes the poster child of what a JAG is and are arguing all by yourself.  He has 14 sacks for his career.  8 came in a single season.  He has 2 sacks over the last 2 seasons 

And my argument has nothing to do with what exactly?  Youre dream sequence where you see a edge pass rusher worth spending million on?  Gotch, I dont understand. 

Yeah, call me a fool.  

Archived