We need to change this teams free agent/drafting philosophy

Villain The Foe

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It seems to me that unless there is a can't miss OL high you wait on drafting OL. Otherwise you get Ereck Flowers etc.

OL doesnt seemed to be valued highly by most teams, in other words teams are more likely to reach for a pass rusher than an OL.

You see more Dion Jordan's and Vernon Gholstons and Aaron Maybins than Ereck Flowers and Chance Warmacks

This.

Jonah Williams?  The next Willie Roaf according to this messageboard his draft stock has fallen he’s currently the third rated OT 

Jesus Jet fans are a joke. We could have signed every player in Free Agency and some of you would still bitch. We got 2 of the best players on the market that is a fact. Who cares if we overpaid we have the 2nd most cap room in the nfl. 

1 minute ago, Ghost420 said:

Jesus Jet fans are a joke. We could have signed every player in Free Agency and some of you would still bitch. We got 2 of the best players on the market that is a fact. Who cares if we overpaid we have the 2nd most cap room in the nfl. 

Jets on the offensive side signed Bell and Crowder and upgraded one of the Guard spots

The hysteria over the O-line is overblown

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

There is no Quentin Nelson or Brick in this draft 

Maybe not Nelson, but Brick was just a 3 time pro bowler. He was never an all pro. Dont get me wrong, he was a very good LT and is a ring of honor guy. But he's not HOF'er. Nelson went into the draft looking like a bonafide all pro future HOF'er. No one is coming into this draft with that level of hype.

To say that you're confident that there isnt a tackle in this class that could become a 3 time probowler (D'Brick's accolades) needs to be said along with a detailed explanation of what you've seen out of this tackle class. 

7 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

This is the wrong thread/forum. The "Jets fans are a Joke" thread is on the patriots forums. ?

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Jets on the offensive side signed Bell and Crowder and upgraded one of the Guard spots

The hysteria over the O-line is overblown

Says the guy who said that the Jets Oline was average. 

That statement was overblown. 

Or was the overblown statement saying that there is no D'Brick in this draft class? lmao. 

You should stay away from Oline talk overall Phil. lol. 

11 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Jets had no chance to get K Mack. Again the Jets trade offer was way better than the Bears. The Raiders took less to send him to the NFC.   To kill your GM for that is silly.

Completely untrue

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Says the guy who said that the Jets Oline was average. 

That statement was overblown. 

Or was the overblown statement saying that there is no D'Brick in this draft class? lmao. 

You should stay away from Oline talk overall Phil. lol. 

Name me the Quentin Nelson or D’Brickashaw Ferguson once in a generation prospect in this draft 

You’re so smart you should have no issues with this

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Maybe not Nelson, but Brick was just a 3 time pro bowler. He was never an all pro. Dont get me wrong, he was a very good LT and is a ring of honor guy. But he's not HOF'er. Nelson went into the draft looking like a bonafide all pro future HOF'er. No one is coming into this draft with that level of hype.

To say that you're confident that there isnt a tackle in this class that could become a 3 time probowler (D'Brick's accolades) needs to be said along with a detailed explanation of what you've seen out of this tackle class. 

Brick was one of the best tackle prospects to come out of college in the last 20 years no one is even close in this year’s draft

Some draft analysts have Jonah rated 3rd overall at OT

you don't need a Brick or a Mangold level to upgrade at this point, that's the sad part, just need a serviceable unit.  You didn't have that last season, you have a few new pieces that have never played together....the unit that requires cohesiveness more than any other unit on the field.  

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Bro Brick was an all time great tackle prospect. He basically hit the floor of his career potential and still made 3 pro bowls and didn’t miss a game in 10 years. The difference is that we’d be reaching for a guy whose absolute ceiling is a Brick like career.

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

John Idzik was bought in to purge the team, and he did so. Woody Johnson didnt give him a chance to build up the team. You dont hire a guy knowing that he has to purge the team in year 1 then fire him after year 2. 

This is year 5 for Macc, where we seen the first 2 years get pissed away on signing old-head cornerbacks for nostalgic purposes and investing in a QB who is a walking curse to every other QB who's ever been part of the QB room with him. Years 3 and 4 have been trying to undo those mistakes. 

Atleast Macc had the opportunity. Idzik never had the opportunity to squander. Jets fans were too busy buy up billboard space. Now im not saying that Idzik would have been good. His only draft pick that worked out from the Idzik 13 was Quincy. But the paid that Idzik endured Macc came in and took full advantage of and yet did nothing but squander it. 

Have no idea that Idzik was brought in to do anything, never mind purge the team.  Especially when most believe that Idzik was sabotaging Rexs season, trying to get him fired.  So I dont know, dont think anyone does. I would never blame anyone for firing Idzik, he acted like an incompetent, made moves or lack of moves and looked and sounded like a boob whenever he addressed the media and fanbase.  No one anywhere had any confidence in him.  

You really think anyone was signed for nostalgic purposes?  Revis was coming off a good year in NE and was easily the best available CB.  Cro I could have done without, i wouldnt have signed him.  Revis, no one complained when he was signed.  At least for his abilities. 

I think it sunk in at some point that for better or somewhat worse you have to give a 1st time GM a little more than a few seasons to develop.  Continuity is a good think if allowed to develop.  Hopefully we get lucky and patience pays off.  Not sure, but we'll see, I dont think Macc goes before Gase.  

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Mosley isnt even on the level of Luke Luechly. Luke is an elite perennial 1st team all pro. Mosley has never been a 1st team all pro. Im not putting Hicks on the level of Kuechly or Mosley for what it's worth. What im saying is that CJ Mosley is receiving what should be Luke Kuechly's money, which is clearly a situation where the Jets over paid. Luke is on a 5 year 62 million dollar contract. Mosley beat that by more than 20 million. 

I could have done better by signing Hicks and matching him with our pass rusher and saving 20 million, even with the proneness to injury. I would have a chance to get more out of those two deals, especially if Hicks stays healthy than I ever will trying to get 85 million dollars worth of talent out of CJ Mosley, when he's not even on the same level as Luke yet he just outpaced his contract by more than 20 million. And even if you decide to go guaranteed, the bottomline is that Mosley isnt worth 17 million a season per, no matter how long or short he's here for.

Hicks is a nice player, and his contract reflects that. Mosley's contract would have you believe that he's the best LB in the league. Mike Maccagnan will never get that value out of that deal...and this is a prime example of Macc being a poor GM. Slapd_ck GM's sign big names and get splashy to this degree. Good GM's find value in free agency. That is not a value contract. It's a very good player, dont get me wrong. But the contract is a losers contract. All it did was make Mosley filthy rich, but we wont see near that value on the field. 

Also, my deal to Houston wasnt the same as the colts. I said 2  years 30 million, which I would have offered Houston 6 million more overall on the deal and still saved almost 20 Million dollars simply by signing value players at LB and providing some overvalue dollars to a position that is going to be more impactful if successfully filled. 

I guess we have to worry about financials for kickers when we pay guys like CJ Mosley 85 million dollars. Again, Maccs decisions is never about finding value. Would Gostkowski be worth the money? Would Meyers be worth the money? Well, based on their production they'd be worth their money than paying Catanzaro 2.3 million dollars to miss kicks. It's not a value signing, so it's a poor signing. Especially when even now if im correct the Jets sit at 35 million million in cap space, so it's not like they were so strapped down that they had to take some shortcuts at the kicking position. It's frivolous inconsistenct nonsense that Maccagnan does often. 

And Crowder is a very good punt returner. We have our solution in Crowder. Sure, Roberts wasnt bringing you anything in the receiving game, but neither is Bellamy. So Bellemy is a jack of all trades on specials...okay, dont we have Cannon on the team? It's one thing to cut a good returner for a jack of all trades because he can contribute in more ways. It's another to cut an all pro....especially when you already have Cannon. 

Macc finally gets something going right with Special Teams and he decides to walk away from both...and I also believe that we let go of the special teams coach as well. 

Did you even look at the Moseley contract or the Kuechly deal before making that statement?  It is  not likely that Moseley will ever see 85 million dollars from the contract.  After three years it only costs the Jets 3 million dollars to cut him. Luke Kuechly's contract although restructured was signed in 2015.  To compare it's terms to a contract drawn up 2 weeks ago is disingenuous and unfair.  As for their playing abilities, compare the numbers.  There is not much of a discrepancy.

Your plan for financial responsibility is to take 3 million dollars in savings  on Moseley's contract in order to overpay Houston 6 million dollars?  Good sense.  As for the value of the position, I's rather have a middle linebacker that makes plays all over the field, involved with 120 plus tackles a year, than an edge rusher who gives less than half of that. Your argument is that middle linebacker is an over valued position.  My argument is that Edge Rusher is a vastly overvalued position.  You say tomato, I say...….

As for the kickers, Chandler Catanzaro and  Jason Myers have virtually the same field goal percentage over their careers, although it is Catanzaro who has the stronger body of work. Again you make a generalization without checking the statistics.  They both have strong legs, their kickoffs are both more than adequate and Catanzaro is better on extra points.  

The special teams coach was retained as a matter of fact.  Didn't you know that?  I'm sure he had major input in all of these personnel decisions involving  Bellamy, Myers, and Catanzaro.  After all it was his unit. Myers and Roberts were not cut.  They were free agents who signed elsewhere.  It happens.  They were replaced with capable players. Changes happen every off season.  Especially as relates to special teams.  It is the nature of the beast.

If the Jets are 35 million under the cap and it shouldn't be a consideration in signing a kicker, then why is it an issue in respect to Moseley's contract?  You can't have it both ways. In respect to Gostkowski, I don't want him as our kicker.  I have a bias towards Patriocheat players, and feel that he's on the downside.  Additionally he doesn't seem to have the range that he once had.

It's funny how the Moseley contract is the focus in light of the  financially friendly deals constructed by Maccagnan in the Bell signing as well as the others. Why is that?  I think I know the answer.  Guess it fits "the narrative".

So are all of you nay sayers trying to tell me there isn't one pro-bowl or near pro-bowl player in the entire draft on the offensive side of the ball?  We have the 3rd pick.  We can take any offense player on the board.  

So what you are really saying is that Mac and Co are not capable of finding him because if we in fact draft a pro-bowler at 3 noone would be complaining.  I say screw it.  Go offense at 3 and if Mac and Co fail then fire him/them.   

8 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

So are all of you nay sayers trying to tell me there isn't one pro-bowl or near pro-bowl player in the entire draft on the offensive side of the ball?  We have the 3rd pick.  We can take any offense player on the board.  

So what you are really saying is that Mac and Co are not capable of finding him because if we in fact draft a pro-bowler at 3 noone would be complaining.  I say screw it.  Go offense at 3 and if Mac and Co fail then fire him/them.   

There are pro bowlers in this draft that won’t be drafted until the 6th round- should every GM be fired for not finding them? You take a no brainer blue chip prospect at 3- not a player that maybe could be a pro bowler one day. 

Did you even look at the Moseley contract or the Kuechly deal before making that statement?  It is  not likely that Moseley will ever see 85 million dollars from the contract.  After three years it only costs the Jets 3 million dollars to cut him. Luke Kuechly's contract although restructured was signed in 2015.  To compare it's terms to a contract drawn up 2 weeks ago is disingenuous and unfair.  As for their playing abilities, compare the numbers.  There is not much of a discrepancy.
Your plan for financial responsibility is to take 3 million dollars in savings  on Moseley's contract in order to overpay Houston 6 million dollars?  Good sense.  As for the value of the position, I's rather have a middle linebacker that makes plays all over the field, involved with 120 plus tackles a year, than an edge rusher who gives less than half of that. Your argument is that middle linebacker is an over valued position.  My argument is that Edge Rusher is a vastly overvalued position.  You say tomato, I say...….
As for the kickers, Chandler Catanzaro and  Jason Myers have virtually the same field goal percentage over their careers, although it is Catanzaro who has the stronger body of work. Again you make a generalization without checking the statistics.  They both have strong legs, their kickoffs are both more than adequate and Catanzaro is better on extra points.  
The special teams coach was retained as a matter of fact.  Didn't you know that?  I'm sure he had major input in all of these personnel decisions involving  Bellamy, Myers, and Catanzaro.  After all it was his unit. Myers and Roberts were not cut.  They were free agents who signed elsewhere.  It happens.  They were replaced with capable players. Changes happen every off season.  Especially as relates to special teams.  It is the nature of the beast.
If the Jets are 35 million under the cap and it shouldn't be a consideration in signing a kicker, then why is it an issue in respect to Moseley's contract?  You can't have it both ways. In respect to Gostkowski, I don't want him as our kicker.  I have a bias towards Patriocheat players, and feel that he's on the downside.  Additionally he doesn't seem to have the range that he once had.
It's funny how the Moseley contract is the focus in light of the  financially friendly deals constructed by Maccagnan in the Bell signing as well as the others. Why is that?  I think I know the answer.  Guess it fits "the narrative".

In today’s NFL, yes, a pass rusher is more valuable than a tackling machine ILB.

It’s more difficult than it’s ever been to get 3-and-outs on defense. You need a guy who makes 2-3 huge plays a game rather than that consistent guy who doesn’t generate sacks or turnovers.

You need big plays on defense, and that only comes by getting after the QB. Granted, Gregg Williams runs a blitz-heavy scheme. But so did Rex Ryan. And so did Bowles, at least when he was a DC in Arizona. But teams are better than they’ve ever been at picking up on exotic blitz packages. So you need at least one guy who can get off his blocks and potentially take over a game. We don’t have that, and haven’t had it since 2005.

5 hours ago, nico002 said:

Bro Brick was an all time great tackle prospect. He basically hit the floor of his career potential and still made 3 pro bowls and didn’t miss a game in 10 years. The difference is that we’d be reaching for a guy whose absolute ceiling is a Brick like career.

We'd be reaching by trading down? 

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Have no idea that Idzik was brought in to do anything, never mind purge the team.  Especially when most believe that Idzik was sabotaging Rexs season, trying to get him fired.  So I dont know, dont think anyone does. I would never blame anyone for firing Idzik, he acted like an incompetent, made moves or lack of moves and looked and sounded like a boob whenever he addressed the media and fanbase.  No one anywhere had any confidence in him.  

You really think anyone was signed for nostalgic purposes?  Revis was coming off a good year in NE and was easily the best available CB.  Cro I could have done without, i wouldnt have signed him.  Revis, no one complained when he was signed.  At least for his abilities. 

I think it sunk in at some point that for better or somewhat worse you have to give a 1st time GM a little more than a few seasons to develop.  Continuity is a good think if allowed to develop.  Hopefully we get lucky and patience pays off.  Not sure, but we'll see, I dont think Macc goes before Gase.  

Of course it was for nostalgic purposes. The theme song for Revis was literally "Im coming home". Lmao. 

I dont feel like addressing the rest of this. Macc is trash, that's a fact. 

5 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Did you even look at the Moseley contract or the Kuechly deal before making that statement?  It is  not likely that Moseley will ever see 85 million dollars from the contract.  After three years it only costs the Jets 3 million dollars to cut him.

????? Its rare that football players generally see the total of their contract. Macc didnt do anything special here Joe. Im not looking to get into contract semantics given that I treated the contracts based on their overall details. It's like you're changing the point of the convo to how Macc designed an overvalued contract with an out after year 3...completely missing the point that until then, Mosley was never actually worth an average of 17 mill per in terms of talent, and that's even if he remains the exact player productuon wise. I dont give credit to Macc for giving an overvalued contract with an out after year three when he could have given a good valued contract with an out after year 3. Please brother, follow what I'm saying.

But as usual though, Macc gets indirectly praised for implementing an out after year three, as if no other contracts signed for players in the league generally have guaranteed portions of their contract after a number of years. 

The point that you're missing or ignoring (not sure which) is that at no time will we get the value paid to Mosley while on the field, not even the best LB in the game is getting that type of money. 

So it doesnt matter about the out clause. Mosley was over paid from jump and he's not even playing a more impactful position. If you overpay atleast make it for a position such as pass rusher.

This contract would be irrelevant had Macc simply resigned Demario Davis last year, who was playing at a boarderline pro bowl level, which would have been a small fraction of this contract but would have been of more value per dollar. The Saints signed Davis to a 3 year 24 million dollar contract. 

In terms of dollars, is CJ Mosley that much of a better LB than Davis?

Hell No.

Mike Maccagnan is a jackass jerkoff GM.

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What is with JN posters and their aversion to drafting a pass rusher?  Its the 2nd post important position on the field.  Bringing in CJ Mosley will mean nothing if we don't have one.  Since we didn't address the need in free agency, we're in a prime position to fill that need for the first time since John Abraham.

You can draft a Center in the 3rd round.  Relax. 

Edge rusher is NOT the 2nd most important position on the field. Left tackle, right tackle, center, MLB and CB1 are all more important than edge rusher. However the difference between the elite pass rushers and the JAGs is bigger than the differences in the other positions which increases their draft value. That said, for the Jets OL, is VASTLY more important right now than edge rusher.

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Name me the Quentin Nelson or D’Brickashaw Ferguson once in a generation prospect in this draft 

You’re so smart you should have no issues with this

There isn't one, and there hasn't been one in the last 4 years.

18 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I think the OP did a good job of pointing out that issues are not solely the fault of our current front office. Say what you want and feel how you feel about anyone currently in the jets employ, but this issue is perennial. beginning a long long time ago in a galaxy far away.

I agree almost entirely with the OP. I can get as swept up as the next guy in the pre draft hype about the so called elite prospects coming out each year. Especially because I’m not really a college football fan. But the point is extremely valid. The idea that grabbing DT’s or pass rushers with premium picks is no way to build an offense around a young QB.

We have seemingly been on a hamster wheel of similar mentalities. We watch as we grab the biggest name Defensive talent we can in the first and it just hasn’t worked. The interesting part of all of that is we have largely been a defensive organization since kotite. It makes sense that this is what we’ve witnessed over the past 25 years or so. We have defensive leaders so we build defensive teams and use our premium draft capital to acquire defensive players. They just can’t help it.
“Go to a surgeon and he’s gonna cut ya.”

The good news from my perspective is that we made a major adjustment this offseason. We hired not only an offensive minded HC, but said HC is not a rookie. So we removed two of the major cyclical aspects of our overall problem. Rookie defensive minded HC.

The third aspect of this change, right or wrong, is that we do not have our new HC with a rookie GM.
For the first time since parcells we have an experienced regime from top to bottom. The experience isn’t to the degree parcells was of course, but it’s present. Even our DC has HC experience and is one of the more accomplished DC’s out there today. These are very big changes. They may not work out of course, but we are not walking down the same path as we have been since 2000. That alone gives me hope.

That hope leads me to believe we actually have a chance to do things differently and to greater ends. The FA period, while not all I hoped, supports that hope by bringing in a mean OL, a very good slot WR and the best offensive weapon of the whole FA class in Bell. So far, it looks like the love we have is tilting toward the offense. That’s good and it’s different than we’re used to. Let’s hope it extends to the draft.

Trading down is almost imperative to me. I see drafting a DT at 3 as a major mistake no matter how great he is. I see going defense with our first pick as a mistake if we can not trade down. If we go D with that pick and leave offense till the 3rd round it is a mistake. The fact that this regime is built differently than were used to gives me hope that we will not be witnessing what we’re used to.

Agree overall and good point that it's not just Mac ignoring the OL, it has been since 2010 that the Jets used a 2nd round pick on OL - and that was "big ugly" Vlad

Agree overall and good point that it's not just Mac ignoring the OL, it has been since 2010 that the Jets used a 2nd round pick on OL - and that was "big ugly" Vlad

It’s really odd that no matter who we get as a GM or HC it seems as though they all subscribe to the same overall philosophy. It’s almost as if we are only hiring guys that believe what we already believe in house.
It’s like the twilight zone.

So we are starting very differently than we have been. That’s a good sign and at bare minimum full of potential for seeing a different product.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

On 3/24/2019 at 9:06 AM, Villain The Foe said:

I've followed this teams dysfunction and taste for overall stupidity for decades. Sure, we haven't had a legit pass rusher since Abraham, but that wasn't due to not trying...since pass rusher is of course defense after all. The Jets attempted to address this position throughout various rounds in the draft over a span of a decade. 

We drafted Vernon Gholston in the 1st round in 2008, Quinton Coples in the 1st round in 2012, Trevor Riley in the 7th round in 2014, IK Enkempali in the 6th round in 2014, Lorenzo Mauldin in the 3rd round in 2015 and Darron Lee in the 1st round in 2016. 

And this is excluding signings that the Jets made to fill this position in free agency such as signing veterans like Jason Taylor from Miami. 

So just like that we can see that the Jets brought in atleast 7 pass rushers since John Abraham's departure, with three of them being 1st round investments. And its not like the good pass rushers were all drafted before the Jets were on the board. Just in 2012 alone the Jets drafted Coples and left Melvin Ingram and Chandler Jones on the board. In 2015 the Jets drafted Leo Williams even though we had Snacks, Wilkerson, Richardson and Douzable even though Vic Beasley was on the board. And even if folks look at Beasley as an overrated player, Danielle Hunter was drafted in the 3rd round, and that's after we drafted Lorenzo Mauldin. So again, Macc and the Jets are continuously swinging and missing on the same positions while thinking that just because they drafted a QB then everything on the offensive side of the all is essentially good to go. 

When's the last time we invested in the offense or protecting our QB like that? What have we done to seriously replace Brandon Moore, Damian Woody, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold and Alan Faneca? We brought in James Carpenter, which was a solid pick up and drafted Brian Winters which is an inconsistently average player. Since drafting Vlad Ducasse in the 2nd round in 2010, the Jets has essentially regulated the offensive line to mid to late round picks, and those are few and far between. The earliest pick we've taken is Winters in the 3rd in 2013. Since then We've drafted Jarvis Harrison, Brandon Shell and Dakota Dozier. two 5th's and a 4th round pick. We've invested one 3rd round pick to the Oline since 2013, 1 2nd round pick since 2010 and just two 1st round picks since 2006, and both those picks occurred in 2006. 

The Jets have been absolutely reckless with this position group/offensive side of the ball. Meanwhile since 2006 the Jets have drafted 9 QB's. NINE of them! two of those QB's being 1st round picks and the other 2 being 2nd round picks. 

Meanwhile we've provided them with no respectable draft value at Oline, RB or WR. 

I can literally predict this team. This year we're going to talk about how "extremely appealing a pass rusher is this year. We'll draft one, and we're going to go into the season with Trumaine Johnson at CB and whoever will be opposite him. Then next season when Sam Darnold needs offensive linemen and offensive weapons on the outside (as he needs right now), the draft will once again be a "defense heavy" draft and we're going to talk about "how appealing it is" to draft a Cornerback to either fill in opposite Johnson or to replace Johnson. Then im going to talk about how we need to rebuild the Oline and folks are going to tell me how we need to pair a shutdown Corner to assist with our new pass rusher. The story never changes.

And just like the pass rusher position, all the Jets have done was also invest top draft picks into the secondary as well as top dollar free agent money. Passing on MVP/ProBowl caliber QB's in order to draft Safety in the 1st and then 2nd rounds. lol. 

Trust me, nothing has to sink in for me. I've seen all the stupidity this team has to offer. And its easy to explain. Drafting offensive linemen isnt "sexy or splashy". It's boring and it doesnt get the fanbase hyped. Drafting corner, DT and pass rusher does. So that's all we do. 

We're going to provide Sam Darnold with nothing, then wonder why he failed. And when we have to draft another 9 QB's after Sam Darnold, the first thing we're going to get them in the draft are a pass rusher, a defensive tackle and a cornerback....because those are sexy. And if you bust in the draft department, make sure you spend over 100 million in one free agency to revamp the secondary, only to see that secondary begin to dismantle after just 2 seasons. 

Yeah, that's how the "Jest" should build and balance their football team.

well, for one thing the lure of getting a big time defensive player with a 10 or higher draft pick outweighs getting an offensive lineman.  and in this year's draft there doesn't appear to be any oline player deserving of the 3 pick.  and this is the problem with finishing so poorly for a number of seasons. where they have failed is missing on so many draft picks overall not necessarily the positions they drafted.  it's not the first rounders but the 2nd's and 3rd's who are the guys who will make up the better oline players and guys who can step in right away.

hopefully they'll have a great draft in spite of not having a round 2 pick.

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Edge rusher is NOT the 2nd most important position on the field. Left tackle, right tackle, center, MLB and CB1 are all more important than edge rusher. However the difference between the elite pass rushers and the JAGs is bigger than the differences in the other positions which increases their draft value. That said, for the Jets OL, is VASTLY more important right now than edge rusher.

You think Right Tackle and MLB are more important than Edge Rusher?

There goes your credibility 

1 minute ago, genot said:

I was thinking Tackle. Yes about Nelson.

Jawaan Taylor is currently the highest rated Tackle and he’s a middle to late first round pick.  Really I mean we should be trading down for that when we have not had a pass rusher in 13 years?

Archived