2 Bluechip Prospect Draft - We Pick 3rd

jetsfaneh

12 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Let's say for a second that Williams is 80% of arron Donald. First off, that would, under normal circumstances, be cause to take him #1. But what is his upside under this assumption? 8-10 sacks at best? I just don't think an interior dlineman can have the impact of an edge rusher like Josh Allen.

True, but if hurries the QB it can be just as effective as a sack. That being said I prefer the edge rusher myself. Its a position we sorely need.

7 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

True, but if hurries the QB it can be just as effective as a sack. That being said I prefer the edge rusher myself. Its a position we sorely need.

And needed for 13 frickin years

Get an Edge Rusher with a high floor.  That would be my goal.  I personally like Josh Allen over Bosa.  I also think I like Brian Burns over Montez Sweat and Rashan Gary.  Clelin Ferrell is another very solid prospect.

If we get Allen, Burns or Ferrell (or Bosa obviously) I'd be happy.

We need our next John Abraham.

On 3/24/2019 at 1:39 PM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

The premise of this thread is wrong.  None of the top three picks will bust.  Not going to happen. 

Quinnen Williams will be a star. I'm starting to feel that Josh Allen will be a more productive all around player than Bosa.  He will most definitely be better in coverage, more versatile against the run, and give you more options on the edge in blitz packages.  That doesn't necessarily mean he should be drafted ahead of Bosa.  As a pure dominating pass rushing edge Bosa is superior. So, picking at #3 is not a curse.  In this draft it is a blessing.

That being said, TRADING BACK is the best possible outcome for the 2019 New York Jets. As a result, we are in a "Win, win" situation.  For once.

I agree 100%. Except I am not as convinced that trading back is the best possible outcome. Definitely depends on what we GET BACK. If Bosa is on the board it's going to take a HAUL for me to give up that pick.   

Archived