We stay at 3 and choose from one of these three. Which do you take?

Jetsfan80

You can only pick one, and it has to be defense. Which do you choose?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which defensive player do you choose?

• Nick Bosa
    • Josh Allen
    • Quinnen Williams

This thread is probably redundant, but I'm curious where JN would go with this.

The premise:  The 2 QB's go 1-2, with the 49ers trading down.  At 3, we have our choice between Bosa, Allen, and Q. Williams.  We cannot find a trade partner willing to give us anything decent for our pick now that the QB's are gone.  Who are you choosing and why?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mark78 said:

All of the rumors are 49ers are taking Bosa. So, Allen or Williams?  I say Allen.

All rumors of who the 49ers are taking go out the window if someone falls in love with a QB enough to send them a package of picks for # 2.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even if 1 or 2 of these guys are gone by the time we pick at 3, trading down no longer makes much sense for us unless we get blown away by an offer. 

We need a pass rusher.  Period. 

They also need a OT, C, CB, WR and TE so trading down makes the most sense. 

This is so hard to answer, I chose quinnen Williams because I believe he is the best player in this draft and I’m not entirely sure Bosa truly fits our system.  Bosa really seems more like a 4-3 defensive lineman to me than a 3-4 outside linebacker.  Am I wrong?  Williams and Allen seem like better scheme fits.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Even if 1 or 2 of these guys are gone by the time we pick at 3, trading down no longer makes much sense for us unless we get blown away by an offer. 

We need a pass rusher.  Period. 

imo, our #1 priority is protecting Darnold. Period.

1 minute ago, Persiussa said:

This is so hard to answer, I chose quinnen Williams because I believe he is the best player in this draft and I’m not entirely sure Bosa truly fits our system.  Bosa really seems more like a 4-3 defensive lineman to me than a 3-4 outside linebacker.  Am I wrong?  Williams and Allen seem like better scheme fits.

Unless Q Williams ends up being Aaron Donald 2.0, I don't want him, but it's probably more likely he'll end up being Leo Williams 2.0. After all, Leo was supposed to be "the best player in the draft".

Pass.

I’d rank my choices in that order. bosa and allen are more similar than people think- quick twitch pass rushers with power and burst. I give bosa the edge on pass rushing technique whereas allen has a more well rounded skill set with his ability to play standing up and in coverage. bosa has slightly better (elite) short area quickness while allen has the advantage in length and durability. they are both monsters and should be impact starters from day 1

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Unless Q Williams ends up being Aaron Donald 2.0, I don't want him, but it's probably more likely he'll end up being Leo Williams 2.0. After all, Leo was supposed to be "the best player in the draft".

Pass.

I’ve seen this argument on here before and I just don’t agree that Leonard Williams is a reason to not draft quinnen Williams.  What makes a person successful or not has much more to do with personality and work ethic than it has to do with measurements.  We could have said that mark Sanchez coming from USC was a great reason to pass on Darnold.  As a matter of fact some did say that but the school they came from has nothing to do with anything.

The way I see it is this'

Bosa is going to be a Mark Gastineau.  Great pass rusher, lacking in the other areas

Allen is going to be a Jadeveon Clowney.  But better. Excellent pass rusher/athlete, speed, better coverage than Clowney.  Above average run stopper.

Quinnen Williams is going to Ndamukong  Suh, with a much better character and more quarterback sacks.  He will be a disruptive force at and behind the line of scrimmage.  He is unblockable in a one on one situation,  He is not Leonard Williams.  Enough already with that.

The best player of the three will be Quinnen Williams.  The Jets will not take him.  The allure of the "edge rusher" will be too great.  The "Jetsy" pick will be Josh Allen.

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Pass.

Leo wasn't  as dominant  as Williams. The guy tosses other players around like they are children. This guy is a freak.

I don't trust Bosa, and Q is ANOTHER interior DL....Josh Allen was very productive in the SEC and has measurables on par with Mack. He brings an element the Jets haven't had since Johnny Abe. Might as well **** up in new and interesting ways....

2 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

The way I see it is this'

Bosa is going to be a Mark Gastineau.  Great pass rusher, lacking in the other areas

Allen is going to be a Jadeveon Clowney.  But better. Excellent pass rusher/athlete, speed, better coverage than Clowney.  Above average run stopper.

Quinnen Williams is going to Ndamukong  Suh, with a much better character and more quarterback sacks.  He will be a disruptive force at and behind the line of scrimmage.  He is unblockable in a one on one situation,  He is not Leonard Williams.  Enough already with that.

The best player of the three will be Quinnen Williams.  The Jets will not take him.  The allure of the "edge rusher" will be too great.  The "Jetsy" pick will be Josh Allen.

Have you watched Allen play or even read his draft reports? He’s really quick, can cover well but isn’t a great passrusher and isn’t good against the run. His biggest knock is being bad against the run and not having much in the passrush other then speed. 

5 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Have you watched Allen play or even read his draft reports? He’s really quick, can cover well but isn’t a great passrusher and isn’t good against the run. His biggest knock is being bad against the run and not having much in the passrush other then speed. 

Watchu talking about? He is not a pass rusher he like set the record man

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All rumors of who the 49ers are taking go out the window if someone falls in love with a QB enough to send them a package of picks for # 2.

I don't see this happening. I think the Jets have them kinda check-mated in that they have no interest in a QB, but the Raiders might, and they've put a "for sale' sign on their pick. Unless the 49ers are so desperate to move down that they'll take a lesser package, the Jets pick is known to be available -for less- and sits ahead of any team looking for a QB. 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Not great as far as the NFL. Obviously he was a good passrusher in college. 

He has never played in the NFL it is a guess and bad guess at that. I want to water bet you on this guy. I am confident he will be just fine, could be a bust I suppose but no more likely than the other two.

14 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

I’ve seen this argument on here before and I just don’t agree that Leonard Williams is a reason to not draft quinnen Williams.  What makes a person successful or not has much more to do with personality and work ethic than it has to do with measurements.  We could have said that mark Sanchez coming from USC was a great reason to pass on Darnold.  As a matter of fact some did say that but the school they came from has nothing to do with anything.

It's not about knocking Q as a player, or saying he's a comparable prospect to Leo. I actually don't know much about him. It's more about playing the odds. Aaron Donald is a rare talent. How likely is it that's who we'd be getting with Q? Looking at our recent history, it's not that likely. And, imo, picking Q would just feel like doing the same thing we've done before that has already failed twice (Mo Wilk, Sheldon Richardson) and -- well, let's just say that I'm not as optimistic about Leo as I was in 2015.

Q could be a really great player, or just a very solid player, or a totally reach. I'd rather not be the team taking that chance.

Assuming this means all 3 are available I picked bosa 

The injury is annoying but I still have scars from when the jets passed on heath Miller because he was hurt during the process lol

The leaving school bothered me more but that's kinda the reality of college ball these days 

When he's right he's dominant

Quinnen Williams is my 2nd, I like interior rushers better than edge rushers, but bosa is the better pure rusher so he gets the nod in this specific scenario 

How is bosa in coverage and against the run? 

I haven't really looked into it yet lol

1 minute ago, Losmeister said:

expect retard level reading comprehension here, or be forever disappointed!

The retard-level reading comprehension here is the main draw that keeps me coming back, after the t!ts and ass thread got shut down.

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Assuming this means all 3 are available I picked bosa 

The injury is annoying but I still have scars from when the jets passed on heath Miller because he was hurt during the process lol

The leaving school bothered me more but that's kinda the reality of college ball these days 

When he's right he's dominant

Quinnen Williams is my 2nd, I like interior rushers better than edge rushers, but bosa is the better pure rusher so he gets the nod in this specific scenario 

How is bosa in coverage and against the run? 

I haven't really looked into it yet lol

Bosa is good against the run but I can’t remember him doing anything in coverage. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This thread is probably redundant, but I'm curious where JN would go with this.

The premise:  The 2 QB's go 1-2, with the 49ers trading down.  At 3, we have our choice between Bosa, Allen, and Q. Williams.  We cannot find a trade partner willing to give us anything decent for our pick now that the QB's are gone.  Who are you choosing and why?

Nice poll 80.

Archived