We stay at 3 and choose from one of these three. Which do you take?

Jetsfan80

You can only pick one, and it has to be defense. Which do you choose?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which defensive player do you choose?

• Nick Bosa
    • Josh Allen
    • Quinnen Williams

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets were up by 18 points on the GB packers when Leonard Williams was ejected. They lost that game. 

a D lineman can help the team win games or at least not lose them. He's not impactful enough in and of himself like a QB but the Jets have holes everywhere. 

this whole "DT don't impact the game" is a garbage logic and it neglects what the actual sack leader list looks like these days

bottom line the Jets need to take the best available player, the guy most likely to wear a gold jacket. Not the guy who fills the specific need for 2019

They do not impact as much as other players.  Leo williams has been a non factor for his time here.  He eats up some blockers and is good vs the run.  Also since the NFL happily allows so much holding it is far easier to get away with it on the interior than for an edge guy that gets hauled down.

You cannot develop a good nfl team by drafting only DTs than you can if you draft 'only' and other position.

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They do not impact as much as other players.  Leo williams has been a non factor for his time here.  He eats up some blockers and is good vs the run.  Also since the NFL happily allows so much holding it is far easier to get away with it on the interior than for an edge guy that gets hauled down.

You cannot develop a good nfl team by drafting only DTs than you can if you draft 'only' and other position.

contra case

Leonard Williams played like a billion snaps last season. Something like 1000 total (Adams played all 1100, and the offense played 100 less snaps than the defense). Henry Anderson who everyone thinks is better than Leo (!) played like 700 snaps. 

Get Leonard Williams another legit DT next to him they can stay relatively fresh maybe 

also, edge rushers dont get to the QB in the NFL anymore. they certainly don't get to Tom Brady enough to justify the spend 

interior guys do get there

look at the sack leader list, besides Aaron Donald at 16.5 how about Jonathan Allen at 8.0? if Williams is a better Jonathan Allen, what is that worth? 10+ sacks a season? 

The need is greater at end, but Williams is the better player. People say he's not a Suh type prospect, he's closer to that than Josh Allen is a Clowney type prospect  

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

side note the dude played in the SEC every game was a stress test  

here's every snap from that game. he's still worth the 3 pick

Side note, look at the schedule instead of just passing it of as “yo, kid played in SEC. ‘Nuff said. The only competitive team they played all season was LSU and the tigers never showed up. 

Q: If you’re a DT - what’s the dream set up to rack up stats and look disruptive 

A: when the opposing offense is forced to throw on every down. Pin the ears and attack. 

That describes 14/15 games they played in. Up 20-30 by half time. Only game that they didn’t mail it in? Clemson. 

He was a no show. 

On 3/24/2019 at 2:18 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

This thread is probably redundant, but I'm curious where JN would go with this.

The premise:  The 2 QB's go 1-2, with the 49ers trading down.  At 3, we have our choice between Bosa, Allen, and Q. Williams.  We cannot find a trade partner willing to give us anything decent for our pick now that the QB's are gone.  Who are you choosing and why?

I still don't have a single reason to take anybody in this draft before Oliver. If, as I assume you're doing here, we're assuming it's got to be somebody Maccagnan is capable of pulling the trigger on then it's Bosa at pick 'em over Williams. Put a gun to my head and make me draft offense and it's still a no. Cock it and I take Taylor.

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

side note the dude played in the SEC every game was a stress test  

here's every snap from that game. he's still worth the 3 pick 

If both Bosa and Allen are gone absolutely let’s draft Quinnen

Archived