Who is a better GM Dave Gettleman or Mike McCagnan?

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Holy shlt, you dont think the Broncos won because of their D.  Were you old enough to stay up and watch that game?  

WTF does any of what you are posting have to do with a RB will win you a SB over a QB.

Cant you stick to one topic, I know its really hard when youre scattered all over the map

RB, not whatever nonsense youre on now.  

WTF are you talking about. Are you out of your mind? You wrote this at the end of a post. 

A team without a QB leading the way has won when?

I answered The Raven, Tampa and the Pat's this last SB. Where does your statement ask anything abouta RB.  After you blew off the Pat's because you thought Brady led them during the regular season which is also not true, I said fine, you probably think Manning led the Broncos to the last SB. It was another example I was making of a QB who was along for the ride in the big game. 

now let me ask you, can you stick to one topic where you asked 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Of course the forum does.  I dont agree that 3 or 4 better our draft with picks before the draft.  Hey, I wanted Carr, thats fading and wanted Watson.  And I mean one pick in each round, not 3 in the 1st, 3 in the 2nd etc.  But none of this changes what I said, that he hasnt done a good job.  Wasnt making excuses or apologizing for his crappy picks.  

Fair enough

• Upvote 1

Is there really a debate to this? Gettleman has been hired more than once to be a GM. Mac will never be hired again as a GM once he his fired from the Jets.

Gettleman has ties to the Giants and was told to give Eli a chance for a run. Did you see when they benched Eli and how the media and fans reacted? He needs a QB for the future. Is Haskins the guy? Maybe he is the Big Ben? If so, it was well played by Gettleman. I mean having Barkley is a huge benefit for a rookie QB.

Mac’s drafts and his big free agent signings have been poor to say the least. All GMs miss however he has only a plan he can see. Most GMs have a plan and when it is executed you see the plan. I have never figured out what Mac is doing or how the plan is coming together. (Granted I am just a guy who watches and follows football as a fan).

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

WTF are you talking about. Are you out of your mind? You wrote this at the end of a post. 

I answered The Raven, Tampa and the Pat's this last SB. Where does your statement ask anything abouta RB.  After you blew off the Pat's because you thought Brady led them during the regular season which is also not true, I said fine, you probably think Manning led the Broncos to the last SB. It was another example I was making of a QB who was along for the ride in the big game. 

now let me ask you, can you stick to one topic where you asked 

Yes, you answered all three teams,

But were wrong in each one of them

When did the Ravens win?  Without Flacco lighting it up in the playoffs and SB? 

What, 2000?  LOL, thats the answer youre looking for?  Just havent kept up with the changes to the NFL?

Tampa?  When was that?  Are you kidding?  

Pats?  Your have not a clue what youre talking about

13 hours ago, nyjunc said:

We have a lot more talent on the roster than people realized due to how awful Bowles was.  A decent HC has last year's team in playoff contention not out of it by October.  That move alone gives us more wins.

I disagree. When healthy the team Bowles coached wasnt terrible, but the depth was unbelivably bad.

The offense the Jets trouted out there during the Vikings and Bears game was disgraceful.

Vince Lombardi and BB wouldnt beat the Bears with a rookie QB throwing to Jermaine Kearse, Deontay Burnett and Trenton Cannon. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes, you answered all three teams,

But were wrong in each one of them

When did the Ravens win?  Without Flacco lighting it up in the playoffs and SB? 

What, 2000?  LOL, thats the answer youre looking for?  Just havent kept up with the changes to the NFL?

Tampa?  When was that?  Are you kidding?  

Pats?  Your have not a clue what youre talking about

Well at least you are back on topic. 

Nice facts

Here are some facts for you.

Flacco had a good Super Bowl but that D led the way. Are you really telling me Flacco put that team on his back and won that game. 

Tampa was so impressed with Dilfer that they cut him in the off season after he won a SB for them.  

The Pat's? If you think Brady pulled that team to the playoffs, it isn't  me that doesn't  have a clue. I just wrote in another post how bad he played in the SB and you still think he won that game

No TD's, more picks than TD's, 3 for 12 converting 3rd down, 0 for 1 on 4th down. Yeah, hell of a game he played. Was it BB plan for his QB to suck in the biggest game of the year? 

Here is your real problem, you have ventured so far down the rabbit hole in this self made arguement which had nothing to do with anything I wrote, all you can do is scream with your fingers in your ears Not Listening. Keep it up and don't  let the facts get in your way. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Well at least you are back on topic. 

Nice facts

Here are some facts for you.

Flacco had a good Super Bowl but that D led the way. Are you really telling me Flacco put that team on his back and won that game. 

Tampa was so impressed with Dilfer that they cut him in the off season after he won a SB for them.  

The Pat's? If you think Brady pulled that team to the playoffs, it isn't  me that doesn't  have a clue. 

Here is your real problem, you have ventured so far down the rabbit hole in this self made arguement which had nothing to do with anything I wrote, all you can do is scream with your fingers in your ears Not Listening. Keep it up and don't  let the facts get in your way. 

Flacco got his giant contract off of the playoffs and SB

Tampa and Dilfer?  One more time, football has changed in the last 20 years.  

Youre right, Brady didnt get them all those wins, he didnt get them to the playoffs, he didnt beat Mahomes etc in the playoffs, he was carried.

Yes, you are totally clueless and trying to make some kind of ridiculous point that is so far from my original point.  RBs dont win SBs for teams.  You spinning about Brady, Tampa and the Ravens has what to do with that point?  WTF are you talking about?

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Flacco got his giant contract off of the playoffs and SB

Tampa and Dilfer?  One more time, football has changed in the last 20 years.  

Youre right, Brady didnt get them all those wins, he didnt get them to the playoffs, he didnt beat Mahomes etc in the playoffs, he was carried.

Yes, you are totally clueless and trying to make some kind of ridiculous point that is so far from my original point.  RBs dont win SBs for teams.  You spinning about Brady, Tampa and the Ravens has what to do with that point?  WTF are you talking about?

Ok, the question was

you asked and I answered 

you didn't say in the last 5 or even 10 years 

stop moving the goal posts because you are losing the argument. 

and Brady sucked last season. Get a freaking clue. Look at his numbers in Dec instead of saying crap that is blatantly wrong. 

38 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, the question was

you asked and I answered 

you didn't say in the last 5 or even 10 years 

stop moving the goal posts because you are losing the argument. 

and Brady sucked last season. Get a freaking clue. Look at his numbers in Dec instead of saying crap that is blatantly wrong. 

No, the question was about building a team around a RB, as the Giants have.

You then went off naming teams over the last 100 years who you think won despite their QB.  You were wrong about the Broncos, dropped them.  Are still arguing Flacco had nothing to do with the SB and now its Dilfer?  OK, probably the best post season by a QB, got them into the SB with a bomb hail mary.  

Brady sucked last season.  4,300 yards, 66% comp, 29 TDs, 11 INTs, QBR or 97.7.  11 wins, 2 playoff games with 350 yds per.  You are one of those special ed haters. 

Goodbye, dont ever tell anyone to get a "freaking clue"  youre in over your hear

When Macc gets a team to the SuperBowl I’ll call it a tie

Gentlemen drafted the runner up to OROY (and the winner was off the board). He also had Mayfield-Saquon 1-2 and said RIGHT AFTER THE DRAFT (no hindsight) he would’ve taken Mayfield.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Board/105323/Contents/NY-Giants-Wanted-Mayfield-117826300/

This stuff about him thinking Eli was irreplaceable is not true—he just didn’t have Darnold in top 2 of his board. He had the two best players accurately ranked, and it seems, went BPA. Aren’t those of us who argue for position need eviscerated routinely on here by the BPA-is-the-best-way-to-build-a-team crew?

Meanwhile, Macc double taps on box safeties and gets praised, despite quality safeties always being available even into September. Strange world.

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No, the question was about building a team around a RB, as the Giants have.

You then went off naming teams over the last 100 years who you think won despite their QB.  You were wrong about the Broncos, dropped them.  Are still arguing Flacco had nothing to do with the SB and now its Dilfer?  OK, probably the best post season by a QB, got them into the SB with a bomb hail mary.  

Brady sucked last season.  4,300 yards, 66% comp, 29 TDs, 11 INTs, QBR or 97.7.  11 wins, 2 playoff games with 350 yds per.  You are one of those special ed haters. 

Goodbye, dont ever tell anyone to get a "freaking clue"  youre in over your hear

Perhaps it was about RB's until you asked this

Now that you are making personal attacks which I thought weren't  allowed here, ill leave this conversation if you even want to call it that. 

Oh, and do you want to know how I know Brady sucked last season, I watched all the Pat's games when they weren't  on at the same time as the Jets because I had a bunch of them on my Fantasy team. Trust me, anyone who thinks Brady was the normal Brady he always is has to be a real homer. 

6 hours ago, jgb said:

When Macc gets a team to the SuperBowl I’ll call it a tie

Gentlemen drafted the runner up to OROY (and the winner was off the board). He also had Mayfield-Saquon 1-2 and said RIGHT AFTER THE DRAFT (no hindsight) he would’ve taken Mayfield.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Board/105323/Contents/NY-Giants-Wanted-Mayfield-117826300/

This stuff about him thinking Eli was irreplaceable is not true—he just didn’t have Darnold in top 2 of his board. He had the two best players accurately ranked, and it seems, went BPA. Aren’t those of us who argue for position need eviscerated routinely on here by the BPA-is-the-best-way-to-build-a-team crew?

Meanwhile, Macc double taps on box safeties and gets praised, despite quality safeties always being available even into September. Strange world.

Lol read the posts

All Gettleman said was if the Browns took (insert any player not named Barkley) he was going Saquon.

4 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Lol read the posts

All Gettleman said was if the Browns took (insert any player not named Barkley) he was going Saquon.

I'm also hearing Pats were going to offer a ton to move up to #2 if Browns went anyone but Mayfield. Gettleman denies that. 

Too bad the link to the actual video doesn't work. I think this was the actual quote: ""Basically, once Cleveland took Baker, I told our guys, 'Don't even waste your time. We're taking Saquon and we're going to run.'"

The question to ask is what is each of their jobs?

I thought Shurmur reports to Gettleman.  In that case, it is Gettleman’s job to win football games and/or listen to his owner.  So if Gettleman was listening to his owner and wanting to win football games now, Barkley was the pick.  The strategy did not work.  

I think Mac sees his job as trying to supply the HC with players.  His highest priority is to avoid a first round bust, even if they player is not a fit.  He has not been a good GM.

The Hackenburg, Stewart, Hansen and Shepherd picks all demonstrate that he is clueless.  

I would like to say that with Darnold, he turned it around, but then he drafts Shepherd, leaving 2 decent OTs and Sam Hubbard on the board.  

He is just terrible. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

I disagree. When healthy the team Bowles coached wasnt terrible, but the depth was unbelivably bad.

The offense the Jets trouted out there during the Vikings and Bears game was disgraceful.

Vince Lombardi and BB wouldnt beat the Bears with a rookie QB throwing to Jermaine Kearse, Deontay Burnett and Trenton Cannon. 

There was a stretch where we were really banged up on O, I don't blame Bowles for that but we weren't banged up getting swept by Miami, we weren't banged up at Cleveland, at Jacksonville, Ten, Hou, GB.   all winnable games and we lost them all. 

By the way, I think Burnett and Cannon are going to be good depth going forward.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

There was a stretch where we were really banged up on O, I don't blame Bowles for that but we weren't banged up getting swept by Miami, we weren't banged up at Cleveland, at Jacksonville, Ten, Hou, GB.   all winnable games and we lost them all. 

By the way, I think Burnett and Cannon are going to be good depth going forward.

Bowles’ defense sucked. Analysis complete.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm batman. Seriously, though, you're so angry. What's wrong?

Angry? 

You accuse me of being obsessed and then you accuse me of being angry?

But hey, get this.

When you show up in my notifications 8 straight times, all buttfumbles, mindlessly, you're not only a childish baby, youre OBSESSED. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Angry? 

You accuse me of being obsessed and then you accuse me of being angry?

But hey, get this.

When you show up in my notifications 8 straight times, all buttfumbles, mindlessly, you're not only a childish baby, youre OBSESSED. 

Oh no buttfumbles. I hope they don't get you fired from your job, cause your significant other to leave you, any family members to stop talking to you. I'm so sorry that your life has been impacted in this way and now you have to live on the streets. 

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Oh no buttfumbles. I hope they don't get you fired from your job, cause your significant other to leave you, any family members to stop talking to you. I'm so sorry that your life has been impacted in this way and now you have to live on the streets. 

Nope, just show who the child is.  Who isnt able to come up with something

You have to be an incredible baby to think you're getting me by spending time on what is it now, 11 straight buttfumbles?

You're obsessed and owned son

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Nope, just show who the dick is

Words can hurt, ya know. Much more than buttfumbles. I don't know if I'll ever get over being called names by you. To be honest though, that one time in kindergarten where I was a called a name hurt way more.

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Words can hurt, ya know. Much more than buttfumbles. I don't know if I'll ever get over being called names by you. To be honest though, that one time in kindergarten where I was a called a name hurt way more.

You're gone, you just don't know when to stop.  bye!

On 3/25/2019 at 4:07 PM, Jet Nut said:

To someone who doesnt understand football or the draft.  All in one amazingly simple post

Lololololol.  Please provide the "knowledgeable" insight into wasting a second rounder on a stiff that never took a single solitary snap in the NFL.  This by a guy who didn't even take a second look at Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson.  Lololol.  Please enlighten me and the many other Jets fans that are scratching their heads at the incompetence.

On 3/26/2019 at 4:33 PM, Jet Nut said:

Nope, just show who the child is.  Who isnt able to come up with something

You have to be an incredible baby to think you're getting me by spending time on what is it now, 11 straight buttfumbles?

You're obsessed and owned son

You say 11 like it’s a lot. And the consecutive part is as much an indication that nobody else gives a sh*t as anything else. I’ve got the best fans on the internet and I can’t remember anybody taking up more than like four notifications in a row.

15 hours ago, Green DNA said:

Lololololol.  Please provide the "knowledgeable" insight into wasting a second rounder on a stiff that never took a single solitary snap in the NFL.  This by a guy who didn't even take a second look at Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson.  Lololol.  Please enlighten me and the many other Jets fans that are scratching their heads at the incompetence.

Please with the Mahomes moaning.  One or two people anywhere had him ranked high, few if any had him at 6. We carry on like that was an epic miss.  Yes he was there when we were picking, I get that, but anyone crying that we passed on Wilson 3 times?  Brady 6?  Why not?  Thats why there shouldn't be any head scratching.  KC made a great pick, happens.  Just as missing on a pick happens to everyone.

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Please with the Mahomes moaning.  One or two people anywhere had him ranked high, few if any had him at 6. We carry on like that was an epic miss.  Yes he was there when we were picking, I get that, but anyone crying that we passed on Wilson 3 times?  Brady 6?  Why not?  Thats why there shouldn't be any head scratching.  KC made a great pick, happens.  Just as missing on a pick happens to everyone.

The same people complaining we didn't take mahomes are the same ones that would have labeled him a bust if he struggled with the talent we had around the QB.  Some people can just never be happy, we have sam who has a chance to be great and who I think is the best QB prospect we have had in my lifetime.  We should be thrilled but instead we whine over nonsense.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

The same people complaining we didn't take mahomes are the same ones that would have labeled him a bust if he struggled with the talent we had around the QB.  Some people can just never be happy, we have sam who has a chance to be great and who I think is the best QB prospect we have had in my lifetime.  We should be thrilled but instead we whine over nonsense.

Remember when the board used to do the same with missing out on Derek Carr?  Would blame Idzik for passing because we drafted a QB the year before.  

Now were off to Mahomes.  Difference is this time we actually have a guy who looks and acts the part at QB.  Like you said, there should be no complaining about the QB.  Wow we didnt reach for someone at the top of the draft and are getting blamed because hes worked out for someone else.  Happens all the time

• Upvote 1