Teams Sniffing For #3 Already

KRL

Eric Allen @eallenjets 38m38 minutes ago

#Jets GM Mike Maccagnan reiterates that he’s very open to moving back from No. 3 and adds it’s highly unlikely

the #Jets would move up. Tells reporters he has already received feelers for the No. 3 pick.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KRL said:

#Jets GM Mike Maccagnan reiterates that he’s very open to moving back from No. 3 and adds it’s highly unlikely

the #Jets would move up. Tells reporters he has already received feelers for the No. 3 pick.

giphy-21.gif.0a164017668c6c79a38b34d419c15d9d.gif

I wonder if they have an idea of how far back they’re willing to trade. If they go past Jax they probably don’t get Taylor.  Would that matter, would they take RT ford, would they actually take D again after trading back and then address OL in rounds 2 and 3?

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I wonder if they have an idea of how far back they’re willing to trade. If they go past Jax they probably don’t get Taylor.  Would that matter, would they take RT ford, would they actually take D again after trading back and then address OL in rounds 2 and 3?

"Hell if I know"

xTiTnJmC4cM3pWmMQo.gif.d3319d6203d16351ba966e60c847da72.gif

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Macc is definitely gonna turn down a good offer to pick one of these dlineman. Just know it. 

“We had a couple really good offers but with the way the board fell, we we’re excited to add a player like Q. Williams”

Doubtful.  But keep in mind we Desperately need a pas rusher and they are the top players in this draft. However if we get a bigtime offer that makes sense Macc will take it.  

5 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Macc is definitely gonna turn down a good offer to pick one of these dlineman. Just know it. 

“We had a couple really good offers but with the way the board fell, we we’re excited to add a player like Q. Williams”

Relax....there's only like an 80% chance that happens.

7 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

As much as I desperately want to trade back, If Bosa is available at 3 I think you have take him

If qbs go one and 2, i dont think anyone would trade up for bosa.  What a headache that will be in 4 years having to give him a second contract.  Hell, it will prob be tough just to get him in camp year one.

If u thought revis’s team was bad, this guy circle will make that look easy.  This dude is about money, money, money.  

7 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

I am not convinced it will be a boat load of draft picks either.   I think this draft may not carry as much weight as prior QB drafts.   That is, it may follow the "draft chart" a little more closely than other trade ups have.

It better be a boat load or we don't do it!

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If qbs go one and 2, i dont think anyone would trade up for bosa.  What a headache that will be in 4 years having to give him a second contract.  Hell, it will prob be tough just to get him in camp year one.

If u thought revis’s team was bad, this guy circle will make that look easy.  This dude is about money, money, money.  

Not just contract money (guaranteed and signing bonus) . Didn’t his brother have language issues similar to what delayed Sam from signing resulting in a long holdout? 

27 minutes ago, KRL said:

more than feelers, redskins are very hot for the pic. 

21 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Lot of people seem to support this notion. regardless of position, given the scouting reports coming out

47 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

As much as I desperately want to trade back, If Bosa is available at 3 I think you have take him

Would you think that if his last name was Asob? Lots of red flags with Bosa, and would the Jets even sign him? Remember his brother wanted language I believe the Jets have never agreed to. 

8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Link ? Or did you get this from the JN Mock Draft?

lol no but that would be a good source though! haha

i cant always provide links for my information, up to you to believe me or not. if no one wants to then i'll just keep my posts to myself no biggie.

47 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Darnold and Le'Veon Bell are going to cover up most of the flaws on offense. 

No amount of draft picks of middling players will cover up the glaring lack of a pass rush this team has had for 2 decades.

I am not necessarily against trading down.  I get it.  But I wholeheartedly believe Quinnen Williams will fix the pass rush problem once and for all.   He looks unblockable to me much of the time.  The Jets have to set themselves up to win a SB in 2020 or 2021. 

They won't get this chance again.  Khalil Mack and Von Miller were top 5 picks.

Just now, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I have no problem with Q. Williams as the pick if they can't trade down. Against Brady, pressure up the middle is more important than the edge. 

I have such HUGE problems picking QW it is hard to describe. Nightmare pick

10 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Some dude on twitter decided to say that the Redskins could trade with Oakland instead...

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/1110257462739910656

they could yea, i mean theres still a month left basically until the draft, a lot can happen still, nothing is written in stone yet.  just relaying what i've heard. 

I think given the dramatic change in tier from Bosa/Allen/Williams to other players, the Jets need to pick up a future #1 to justify moving out of the range of picking one of those guys.

Also think the Redskins #1 in 2020 is a desirable pick.

Finally, wonder if there’s a scenario the Jets drop to #6 with the Giants but have a deal in place with the Raiders or Bucs to go get an edge. That’s the cleanest scenario as long as they’re acquiring something. Add picks and get your guy.

14 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I have no problem with Q. Williams as the pick if they can't trade down. Against Brady, pressure up the middle is more important than the edge. 

Up the middle hey? What position is gonna be playing in our Defense. 

41 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

lol no but that would be a good source though! haha

i cant always provide links for my information, up to you to believe me or not. if no one wants to then i'll just keep my posts to myself no biggie.

Thanks for sharing your info - it is appreciated.    I think LaCanfora dropped that nugget a week or two ago too, but it is nice to get confirmation (given LaCanfora's reliability).

Archived