AFC East Rivals, Bills the odd man out?

The12th Man

Alright. What we know, or I as a 31 year old does anyway. 

Patriots Brass (Brady, Bill, Sex trafficker) hate the Jets  (odd given dominance)

Jets hate the Dolphins 

Dolphins always beat the Pats and neither have a forever burning eternal flame type of hatred.

Jet fans hate the Pats

Dolphin fans hate the Jets.

Pats fan think Geno Smith is still our QB.

Almost no no matter how we slice it Bills are nearly forgotten or not as important. 

Granted gentleman. I was 8 years old for the 4 peat in buffalo. But even as I watched the ESPN Doc I wasn’t nearly as enraged as watching Marino talk or a reading a patriot fluff piece.

Curious as to what the men in their 40s and 50s have to say about the Bills.

Could Josh Allen and Sam Darnold Stir the pot a bit? 

Rex tried but him fizzling out in true Rex Ryan fashion really kinda made that whatever.

4 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Hate to say it but the Pats 20 year reign has really killed AFC East rivalries. 

Jets vs Dolphins and Jets vs Bills stands for one thing... seats available 

I agree. I lived in Miami for 12 years up until recently and that kept the hatred alive for me. They are some of the most petty and vindictive fans out there. And they HATE the Jets.  But overall it's just not what it used to be. It's all about us fighting for scraps under the Pats dinner table. Its just the worst.

The OP's original question is good though. I can tell you there was a time when the Bills were the worst for us. We  didn't beat them over like a 5 year period. They dominated the AFC East and it was just as annoying as the Pats, except it was significantly shorter. I hated them!  lol 

Now? Not so much.  We need Brady to retire unfortunately. I am hoping we can drive him into retirement as he hangs on into his mod 40's. tHat would be an appropriate torch passing for me.  But either way, he needs to go. Belly too. That guy is light years ahead of everyone else. 

Its tough; I HATED all three teams because of the natural rivalry, especially Miami.  FU Marino and your spike!

That said, I felt for the Bills going to four straight Super Bowls.  I always liked guys like Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed.....Had some great players. 

7 hours ago, The12th Man said:

Alright. What we know, or I as a 31 year old does anyway. 

Patriots Brass (Brady, Bill, Sex trafficker) hate the Jets  (odd given dominance)

Jets hate the Dolphins 

Dolphins always beat the Pats and neither have a forever burning eternal flame type of hatred.

Jet fans hate the Pats

Dolphin fans hate the Jets.

Pats fan think Geno Smith is still our QB.

Almost no no matter how we slice it Bills are nearly forgotten or not as important. 

Granted gentleman. I was 8 years old for the 4 peat in buffalo. But even as I watched the ESPN Doc I wasn’t nearly as enraged as watching Marino talk or a reading a patriot fluff piece.

Curious as to what the men in their 40s and 50s have to say about the Bills.

Could Josh Allen and Sam Darnold Stir the pot a bit? 

Rex tried but him fizzling out in true Rex Ryan fashion really kinda made that whatever.

When I was a kid and the bills were going to the Super Bowl I was rooting for them 100%. The truth of the matter is they are the only real New York team

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

When I was a kid and the bills were going to the Super Bowl I was rooting for them 100%. The truth of the matter is they are the only real New York team

I was in Upstate at school during that period and I too rooted for the Bills. Kinda blame myself for the losses.

As it stands now, either the Jets, Bills, or Dolphins are poised to be NFL heroes for slaying the Patriots into oblivion once and for all.

It's a dream I've had for 15 years.  I have a feeling it's coming soon and it's going to be us.

Chills.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

As it stands now, either the Jets, Bills, or Dolphins are poised to be NFL heroes for slaying the Patriots into oblivion once and for all.

It's a dream I've had for 15 years.  I have a feeling it's coming soon and it's going to be us.

Chills.

SAR I

Well it sure wont be the fish, theyre trying to suck

Never hated the Bills or the Colts, for that matter. Was I guess 10 to 13 during the Bills run. Rooted for the Giants in their SB because I guess I'm a minority Jets fan as I don't hate the Giants either. Dolphins, Pats, Cowboys (just because) and Raiders can F off though.

16 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Prior to 2001, the Patriots were an afterthought, even in New England...

Dolphins were always the Jets rival... But I think the Bills fans always felt that the Dolphins were their main rival. 

The pats became a huge rivalry when we stole Parcells in 1997.

In the old days the bills considered the dolphins their biggest rivals as did the Jets and the dolphins considered the Jets their biggest rivals.  

I think the Jets and bills are set to take over this division when Brady retires assuming the QBs are for real.  

I'm thinking the Jets-Bills will soon become an elite NFL rivalry that will become the biggest one for both fan bases. 

Both teams seem poised to finally become contenders, and with two young, talented QB set to square off over the next decade, we could see some classis battles.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Well it sure wont be the fish, theyre trying to suck

Unfortunately they're finally doing it the right way. I liked it better when they were in perpetual limbo, stuck between competing and sucking. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Chills.

SAR I

Or maybe nobody will slay them until after BB/TB retire.

56 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm thinking the Jets-Bills will soon become an elite NFL rivalry that will become the biggest one for both fan bases. 

Both teams seem poised to finally become contenders, and with two young, talented QB set to square off over the next decade, we could see some classis battles.

I'm with you on this.  I think Jets/Browns has that potential as well.  The Colts are another AFC contender as well.  It will be weird when it's no longer the Pats and, to a lesser degree, the Steelers dominating the AFC every single year.

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Chills.

SAR I

Or... They replace Brady and life goes on.

It  goes back an forth.  Those years ago, I hated Jim Kelly.  His courageous  battle  with cancer changed everything for me.  Hated Bruce Smith too.  But had respect for him.  And Thurman Thomas and Andre Reed.  Hated them again with Rex Ryan and  Doug "Douche" Marrone. 

Most of the rest of the  time, I don't feel any real animosity towards the Bills, except when we play them.  There's the New York factor, though that doesn't apply to the Giants, and the fact that they're from upstate.  I also like Josh Allen.  He gets too much sh*t for a kid who's trying, seems perfectly nice, and hasn't done anything to hurt anyone

Besides, when you hate the Patriocheats , Dolphags , and Steelers so much, there's only so much to go around.......

I'm young enough to not know an AFC East without Brady's Pats on top. The bad man has followed me since childhood and he just wont go away. ?

I genuinely envy other divisions and their ability to have teams rise and fall periodically, sometimes by the year. It must be nice to be in the NFC East or whatever where the best team could be anyone any given year rather being stuck under a glass ceiling that's only been broken twice.

I know the team has a deep rivalry with Miami but they've always felt like a DISTANT second on the hate totem pole for me. They're a lot like us in a lot of ways, always searching for a franchise QB, anywhere from being in the cellar to second in the division, but never really in position to end the chrome head regime. 

And Buffalo is usually the barometer for how good or bad we are, beating them twice means things are going well, a split means mediocrity, and two loses means somebody's got to get fired. But I don't hate them, I have no reason to. They haven't gotten in our way for anything at any point, they only ever made the postseason when we weren't involved. I find it hard to care.

The Pats and their spoiled ass fans are the worst. Beyond Miami Heat fans I cant think of a fanbase less deserving of their success than the "When Brady's gone I'll stop watching" unit of mass-holes. They are the #1 subject of my ire. 

I’m 66 and lived most of my life in the Rochester area which is filled with Bills fans.  A lot of their fans were bandwagon fans that were arrogant and ignorant when they were winning and never heard from when they were losing.  I hated them big time although I did have a lot of respect for Jim Kelly, how he played, and how he has fought his cancer in recent years.

12 hours ago, Jetster said:

Colts vs Jets were some of the most boring division games EVER!

Like 6-3 with rain dripping off the crossbar like our tears for 50 years. God some of those games were unbearable.

Yes. I was not happy when they left the division. 

I remember the Colts having a good punter, and maybe a center. 

1 minute ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Yes. I was not happy when they left the division. 

I remember the Colts having a good punter, and maybe a center. 

Didn't it seem every home game with the Colts it was miserable? Raining, and a punt fest & FGs. Truly horrible. 

17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Didn't it seem every home game with the Colts it was miserable? Raining, and a punt fest & FGs. Truly horrible. 

I was thrilled when Indy left, they usually sucked (though they were going to be good for a while after they left) but they also usually beat us in boring games

13 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Never hated the Bills or the Colts, for that matter. Was I guess 10 to 13 during the Bills run. Rooted for the Giants in their SB because I guess I'm a minority Jets fan as I don't hate the Giants either. Dolphins, Pats, Cowboys (just because) and Raiders can F off though.

I don't hate the Giants either. As a Yankees and Rangers fan I didn't want to have the little brother syndrome that I hate from the islanders and Mets fans.

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

It was better than getting spanked by the Bills with that little guy with the big head. Bebe? 

Thurman looking for his helmet, and Tasker downing kicks. 

Archived