Gase speaks at League Meeting

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I was watching his live presser...seemed very noncommittal. 

“He’s on the roster if the front office makes a change then we will adjust accordingly.”

I get that, you want to keep options open, especially if theres interest from other teams etc.

But its sure isnt, hes a goner, he doesnt have a spot on the team

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If Gase knew the Giants would go Saquon, then its safe to assume Macc knew the Giants were going Saquon. Takes a lot of the "Macc got lucky as hell" arguments out

Then why did Mac act surprised and say, "I cant believe it, Darnold fell to us"?  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If Gase knew the Giants would go Saquon, then its safe to assume Macc knew the Giants were going Saquon. Takes a lot of the "Macc got lucky as hell" arguments out

When the GM keeps saying the number two pick has to be someone who gets the gold jacket and the surest bet is the RB everyone keeps talking up and the GM also tells all that the QB on the roster is still a top QB, it was pretty obvious who they were picking

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Because he thought he was going to the land, and we were getting Mayfield...

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Perhaps because he thought the Browns would take Darnold and they would get Mayfield

Pretty sure he figured out that Mayfield wouldnt be available when he went 1st overall.  Just a hunch...

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Pretty sure he figured out that Mayfield wouldnt be available when he went 1st overall.  Just a hunch...

That's the point. At that point he was like "Can't believe they didn't take Darnold"

He probably had Darnold over Mayfield, but would have been happy with Mayfield, which seems to have played out given each of their performances at the QB compared to the other 2.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Yea but who knows when that “I can’t believe he fell to us” was actually said. 

And even if the league knew NYG was drafting Barkley, there was still a decent chance the Giants would trade down with another team.

• Upvote 1

At first I was 50/50 about the hire, but Gase is growing on me. He seems to be the creative offensive mind we need for Darnold. 

He seems very bent on utilizing every player in a creative way that makes the best use of their skillset. That's something top coaches do like Belichick. Also at that, the players who've spoken to him about how they will be used in the offense seem very excited. Which makes me excited.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Like how much he talks in detail about his game plans and the roster.

I like his confidence and that he can back it up with knowledge. Player relations and it translating to wins is TBD. I refuse to praise anyone until I see results anymore but I am optimistic about Gase. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

As was suspected. It will be Trumaine and Roberts as the 2 outside corners and Poole and Nickerson in the slot. All that's needed is depth. Could be a late signing like Claiborne for a year or a mid to late draft pick (probably most likely)

So we'll have zero pass rush and average CB's. What can go wrong

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2