Jim Bob Cooter

LinemanCT

I thought this was a strange hire for a RB coach at the time. I mean Detroit wasn't very good at running the football when he was the OC. Looking at now it's going to be interesting to see how he using Le'veon with the passing game. Listening to Richard Mann one of the WR coaches he had in Pittsburgh. Mann claimed that Bell was the second best receiver on the Steelers next to A.B (as a wideout). One unrated move the Jets could do is get Duke Johnson to go with Bell. 

Unless trading for players like Johnson for draft picks anyway would have to be lower picks, or even not desired since we currently only hold 6 picks this year and Browns probably want something decent for this guy. We could try to trade Lee straight up for Johnson. We have made trades like that before with the Browns. That would be a way to get decent value out of Lee since I don't see more than a 4th rounder or maybe even a 5th rounder for him draft pick wise.

13 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

So get a guy that does what Leveon Bell already does to give him a rest?

Yeah why not ? or have Duke in the backfield with Bell as a wideout as match up with LB. Vice versa . Don't want to burn the guy out 8 games in. Plus it's a duel threat running /passing 

8 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I'd rather see us pick up TJ Yeldon formerly with the Jags. A quick, change of pace RB who was underutilized in Jax. No giving up anything for him like with Duke Johnson.

Darron Lee for Duke Johnson..Straight up! Browns are 4/3 he fits and he's from Ohio 

there's still bilal.  powell is a very good pass receiver and could certainly be used to spell bell or even come in when bell gets split out.  powell's biggest problem has been getting nicked up.  he could benefit by playing part time and he wouldn't cost that much.

14 minutes ago, LinemanCT said:

Darron Lee for Duke Johnson..Straight up! Browns are 4/3 he fits and he's from Ohio 

I'd sign for that.

I recently heard a Browns fan call in Sirius NFL and ask if the Browns might consider using Johnson more as a full time WR given the RBs they now have (even though Hunt suspended for half the season).

On 3/27/2019 at 8:54 AM, nycdan said:

You know how you sometimes hear a name and you just know that person is a Mayflower descendant?  Yeah, not getting that here :)

A name like Jim Bob Cooter pretty much pigeonholes you professionally. Football coach, pro bass fishermen or NASCAR pit chief are essentially your only options. 

Guy makes millions of dollars and probably still lives in a trailer. 

1 hour ago, LinemanCT said:

I thought this was a strange hire for a RB coach at the time. I mean Detroit wasn't very good at running the football when he was the OC. Looking at now it's going to be interesting to see how he using Le'veon with the passing game. Listening to Richard Mann one of the WR coaches he had in Pittsburgh. Mann claimed that Bell was the second best receiver on the Steelers next to A.B (as a wideout). One unrated move the Jets could do is get Duke Johnson to go with Bell. 

Do you know who they  had at RB those years? How many of those RBs left Detroit and went on to do anything with another team? 

When they finally drafted a talented RB last season, Kerryon Johnson, magically Cooter was  good for RBs.... until Johnson got hurt and then he wasn't so good for RBs again. 

26 minutes ago, LinemanCT said:

Having Bell & Johnson would be like having the Pats James White and Sonny Michel. They were deadly last year 

I thought this was a great hire prior to Bell’s arrival. Hopefully he has a voice in gameplans and offensive meetings. I have no idea why Dowell is the OC and not this guy.

I fully expect Bell to be used as a receiving threat more than any other running back in the league. Let McGuire/Cannon whoever else we draft or sign pick up the tough garbage yardage. 

Bell will take less hits this way too. 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

there's still bilal.  powell is a very good pass receiver and could certainly be used to spell bell or even come in when bell gets split out.  powell's biggest problem has been getting nicked up.  he could benefit by playing part time and he wouldn't cost that much.

Pretty sure Powell is a free agent. I don't see why they would have him back. 

3 hours ago, LinemanCT said:

Yeah why not ? or have Duke in the backfield with Bell as a wideout as match up with LB. Vice versa . Don't want to burn the guy out 8 games in. Plus it's a duel threat running /passing 

Why not? Cause it’s redundant. Bell’s not coming out on 3rd downs and Duke’s not a between the tackles kind of guy. It’s not a good use of roster roster space or resources to get him. Awful actually 

what he needs is someone to relieve him on 1st downs once in a while. A true COP back. Not a third down back. 

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Do you know who they  had at RB those years? How many of those RBs left Detroit and went on to do anything with another team? 

When they finally drafted a talented RB last season, Kerryon Johnson, magically Cooter was  good for RBs.... until Johnson got hurt and then he wasn't so good for RBs again. 

:-k   Hmmmm I see some sort of a correlation with this. lol

22 hours ago, nycdan said:

You know how you sometimes hear a name and you just know that person is a Mayflower descendant?  Yeah, not getting that here :)

Mama and daddy gonna have to travel to the big city to see their youngin coach!

But,  they’re Vols for Life!

B2FEA7A9-D315-4F72-8F5C-19B0A2301EAD.jpeg

22 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Pretty sure Powell is a free agent. I don't see why they would have him back. 

Agreed but I wonder if McGuire and Cannon are it.  It wouldnt surprise me one bit if they rolled into the season with those 3 and another late pick or a UDFA type. 

I will just leave this here.

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Former Vol backup quarterback "Jim Bob" Cooter, whose real name is James Robert Cooter, is facing aggravated burglary charges after allegedly getting into bed with a woman after climbing through a window of her Fort Sanders apartment, according to an arrest warrant.

The warrant says Cooter climbed through woman's window on Franklin Station Way, stripped down to his underwear and got into bed with the woman Saturday.

She called police, who found him in her bed and arrested him on an aggravated burglary charge. He was released the following day on a $10,000 bond and will be arraigned on July 13.

Cooter is originally from Fayetteville, Tennessee and graduated from UT in 2006. He served as a graduate assistant on Coach Philip Fulmer's staff from 2007-2008. He currently works for the Indianapolis Colts as a staff assistant.

https://www.wvlt.tv/home/headlines/49623477.html

This is probably the kind of mind that you want to reach today's NFL players.  This will relate much better than letting them check their cellphones.  At least he didn't Najeh Davenport in her closet.

On 3/27/2019 at 9:25 AM, Klecko73isGod said:

A name like Jim Bob Cooter pretty much pigeonholes you professionally. Football coach, pro bass fishermen or NASCAR pit chief are essentially your only options. 

and is probably married to his sister...

Im trying to connect the dots here on this hire.  I guess he worked with Gase in Denver for a year?  Otherwise, I dont understand why they hired a guy who's never coached RB's to coach RB's.

Teams do that all the time. You don’t have to have expertise with a specific position group to coach them.

On 3/27/2019 at 9:25 AM, Klecko73isGod said:

Must be related to John Boy

On 3/28/2019 at 9:18 AM, #27TheDominator said:

I will just leave this here.

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Former Vol backup quarterback "Jim Bob" Cooter, whose real name is James Robert Cooter, is facing aggravated burglary charges after allegedly getting into bed with a woman after climbing through a window of her Fort Sanders apartment, according to an arrest warrant.

The warrant says Cooter climbed through woman's window on Franklin Station Way, stripped down to his underwear and got into bed with the woman Saturday.

She called police, who found him in her bed and arrested him on an aggravated burglary charge. He was released the following day on a $10,000 bond and will be arraigned on July 13.

Cooter is originally from Fayetteville, Tennessee and graduated from UT in 2006. He served as a graduate assistant on Coach Philip Fulmer's staff from 2007-2008. He currently works for the Indianapolis Colts as a staff assistant.

https://www.wvlt.tv/home/headlines/49623477.html

This is probably the kind of mind that you want to reach today's NFL players.  This will relate much better than letting them check their cellphones.  At least he didn't Najeh Davenport in her closet.

10 years ago!

Archived