Pats, Giants, Chargers in on Rosen (Go Chargers?)

Gastineau Lives

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-trade-rumors-patriots-2-other-teams-very-interested-in-josh-rosen/18f95we8q1xgo1si0x2fz8alzk

The Cardinals could have multiple options if they decide to move Josh Rosen.

The Patriots, Chargers and Giants are all “very interested” in trading for the 22-year-old quarterback, according to a report from FOX Sports.

One of those teams has already offered a second-round pick in exchange for Rosen, but Arizona is holding out for a top selection, the report says.

The Cardinals selected Rosen out of UCLA with the 10th overall pick in the 2018 draft. He completed 55.2 percent of his passes and threw for 11 touchdowns, along with 14 interceptions, in 14 games as a rookie.

Arizona is reportedly considering taking former Oklahoma signal caller Kyler Murray with the top pick in next month’s draft and some have speculated Rosen will not fit into new coach Kliff Kingsbury’s offense.

Kingsbury, however, said that was not the case when he met with reporters earlier this week.

"People have said a lot of things that are misconceptions, if you will,” Kingsbury said, via ESPN. “But Josh is a tremendous player, I've always thought, watching him at UCLA. He played his best football in a spread system, some similarities to what we do.

“He's a tremendous thinker, very cerebral, can throw it with anybody, and we take a lot of pride in building a system around a quarterback.”

Arizona tallied a 3-13 record in 2018 and missed the playoffs for a third straight season. It finished last in the NFL in total offense.

Brady wouldn’t allow this, and the Chargers are offering their second rounder. I’d imagine what this is is the Cardinals trying to recoup the Giants 17th overall as a way to save face. The Giants shouldn’t budge since neither they nor the Chargers technically *have to* draft a QB this year. The surprise is that you haven’t heard about the Dolphins or Redskins throwing their hats in, which makes you think they’re both happy to tank for next year’s QB crop, or even two years down the line for Trevor Lawrence. Lawrence is going to be the most coveted QB prospect maybe ever. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Brady wouldn’t allow this, and the Chargers are offering their second rounder. I’d imagine what this is is the Cardinals trying to recoup the Giants 17th overall as a way to save face. The Giants shouldn’t budge since neither they nor the Chargers technically *have to* draft a QB this year. The surprise is that you haven’t heard about the Dolphins or Redskins throwing their hats in, which makes you think they’re both happy to tank for next year’s QB crop, or even two years down the line for Trevor Lawrence. Lawrence is going to be the most coveted QB prospect maybe ever. 

Way too soon to say so.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lawrence is going to be the most coveted QB prospect maybe ever. 

If so, then clearly the Colts will have to draft him.  Elway...Peyton...Luck.  Possibly the three most hyped up QB prospects ever so far.  All three drafted by IND.  

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is kinda where I fall. I think the Pats should offer #32 but Brady would be livid. That pick will be used to win as many SBs as possible before he retires.

The Chargers make a ton of sense since they are a new LA team and Rosen may generate some local buzz.

The Giants may be willing to deal if Haskins doesn't make it to them but I think they roll the dice on that before pulling the trigger on Rosen.

I think Brady would welcome Rosen because Rosen is a very non threatening type of player. Brady would never have to worry about taking a seat for Rosen. Rosen doesn't have any unique qualities. He has a good arm and is probably very smart but I don't think he's a good leader and he can't scramble and he struggles when the pocket isnt clean and he looks like he's a few good hits away from the hospital bed. Also does he love football enough to rehab and get out of that hospital bed and get back on the field with guys like Khalil Mack ready to take his head off again? Rosen wasn't a winner in college. If you can't win games in college how u gonna win in the Pro's? 

34 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

There's also almost nothing he can do to be more coveted than either Peyton or Luck

He's got more physical tools and ability than the both of them, has a Natty under his belt, and might have equivalent statistics when it's all said and done.  He was a true freshman this year.

If he progresses as expected, he will be more coveted by any GM with a functional brain, and deservedly so.

47 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The Giants may be willing to deal if Haskins doesn't make it to them but I think they roll the dice on that before pulling the trigger on Rosen.

I'm not sure I agree.  I think if they can get Rosen with a 2nd rounder they will consider that a good deal while they use 6 and 17 perhaps to replace Vernon and beef up their OL (Jonah Williams?) I think their fans are going to lose it if they don't address QB this year based on how sucky Eli was last year...

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm not sure I agree.  I think if they can get Rosen with a 2nd rounder they will consider that a good deal while they use 6 and 17 perhaps to replace Vernon and beef up their OL (Jonah Williams?) I think their fans are going to lose it if they don't address QB this year based on how sucky Eli was last year...

Agreed, but it may be the other way around. I think they are fine with Haskins or Rosen, Haskins may be choice #1 but don't want to trade up in which case they'd opt to go BPA as you mentioned. I'm not sure they'd make the move for Rosen until they know Haskins is off the board.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

4 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Way too soon to say so.

4 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

There's also almost nothing he can do to be more coveted than either Peyton or Luck

Trevor Lawrence is the truth.

Archived