I think Gary is in play

nico002

Simple Question:  In a Draft that has no fewer than 5 or 6 Edge Rushers with Top 15 talent.....why on Earth would you take Gary over most of those guys?

Sure, his upside and his freaky athletic stuff is great, but no need to take a Risk/Reward guy when there's so much other talent with high floors that still have high upside.

Interesting responses on here. OP is right in my opinion. Whether we want him or not is another matter but I agree. he is rated around the league and having dismissed him based on production his tape is much more impressive. Has an impressive explosion at the snap. Good hands, located the ball carrier. Patient and violent. There’s a lot that teams will think they can mold. He’s a curious one though because he looks like he should have produced more but then sometimes guys get hidden by scheme, responsibilities, talent around them.

JMO

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Work out Warrior, with zero production. No thanks Gholston part deux. 

Not sure I agree here my Claret buddy. Gholston’s production was outstanding(14sacks his junior year and 8.5 I think as a sophomore). I don’t think the two are especially comparable and Gary will be a good Pro I’m my opinion. Again i’m not advocating him for us, we need a different type of   Talent off the edge but dismissing him as a Gholstonesque bust is in my view, inaccurate

If we draft him, it's because Gregg Williams see's something in his technique that would make a difference in his production. Hand usage, footwork. Whatever. Having said that, i don't think that's who'll we'll take. It is hard to ignore a 285lb lineman who can run with most linebackers.

4 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Interesting responses on here. OP is right in my opinion. Whether we want him or not is another matter but I agree. he is rated around the league and having dismissed him based on production his tape is much more impressive. Has an impressive explosion at the snap. Good hands, located the ball carrier. Patient and violent. There’s a lot that teams will think they can mold. He’s a curious one though because he looks like he should have produced more but then sometimes guys get hidden by scheme, responsibilities, talent around them.

JMO

Always looked slow, plodding and gassy to me. 

44BAAF06-AD23-4962-B193-32E1E1195C28.gif

12 hours ago, nico002 said:

I think inside NFL circles Gary is much more highly regarded than we think. I have a feeling he will be the 2nd or perhaps third defender off the board- before Allen regardless. 

You are pulling this out of your a$$? Gary is a greak, but so are Bosa/Williams/Allen. The difference is that the other 3 actually dominated in college while Gary was AWOL for much of his career. I could see Gary getting 2nd round grades from some teams. 

There is always 1 team that will fall in love with his talent and reach for him in the top 10-12, but there is zero chance he is drafted ahead of the top 3 guys. 

Archived