Draft Quinnen Williams, Sign Ansah, Switch to 4-3

Philc1

Just now, Jetmech said:

Based on the Redskins speculation, that’s a roster player right there they could include in the trade up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure. Redskins would be trading up for a QB, that's more important than anybody else they have on their roster, except for that left Tackle.

For sure. Redskins would be trading up for a QB, that's more important than anybody else they have on their roster, except for that left Tackle.

Well he would be nice too. Personally if Bosa is gone the trade down would be an easy choice but I’m not so sure how much that 3rd pick could get the Jets. Based on the crazy trade for Griffin, could they go crazy again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

If we draft Quinnen Williams I will probably roll my eyes, curse at the TV and then nod my head that he was the best defender in the Draft and it's hard to pass that up.

It's just that this search for an outside Edge rusher has taken so long and it's such an important position that it's starting to feel like the QB search since 2013.

Given that we already have Leo, edge is a higher priority. The Ravens' hybrid 3-4 wouldn't have worked so well without Suggs. It's definitely the missing piece. I'm beginning to feel that the Bosa and Allen hype is a bit stretched. A trade-down would certainly work and still get an edge rusher, and potentially a center or tackle in the 2nd.

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Quinnen Williams is not only going to win rookie of the year next season I would be shocked if he also didn’t make the pro bowl as a rookie 

Ive been lobbying hard for Allen and we need an edge rusher but Holy Jesus this guy QW is going to be really good.  Allen who I like could be a bust and if he is we are back to square one.  QW is going to be an all-pro probably right away

I know I’ve said very recently that Ansah is an injury risk and teams are waiting on his next post-operative eval in April but that’s exactly why you strike now and try to sign him because he has zero leverage.  A modest offer at reasonable money like 2 years $24 million like what Justin Houston got can get this done 

Get the next great generational defensive player AND our first actual EDGE rusher in over a decade

ok with williams if that's the way things play out but no way should we sign Ziggy. I would rather trade up for a another DE and call it a day

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Double team me?  Better triple team me next time

728033E3-2FB9-4F74-90EF-839F06A59F22.jpeg

24B53994-76E9-4E5A-85A5-1B6648E1A18C.jpeg.2bf7f0eb3010253265919f2c61f75f2c.jpeg

Yea? These pictures were taken when the game was what? 27-7? LSU was passing everydown? Coverage sack. Impressive yes,  but let’s present the whole story. 

6 hours ago, jack48 said:

jets cannot afford to roll the dice with their talent base.  Bust factor has to be calculated.  I dont know what each of these guys bust factor is, quite frankly

4 hours ago, David Harris said:

Allen def has a decent bust potential to me. But if we can’t trade down I’d take him over a DT

Where in the world did you guys cook up the theory that there’s a bust potential with Allen. 

Hes less likely to bust than QW. the body of work over the last 3 years supports. 

3 years >>>> 1 year 

Its gonna be hysterical up in here when the Jets pick Williams at 3 and the best NT available in the 3rd - but I think that is the best outcome for this draft. Its a deep NT class. And honestly pressure up the middle is the way to beat an offense.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Jesus. What the heol are you trying to do? Give me a heart attack? Waiting until the third rd to pick a second DT??? lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

43 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Where in the world did you guys cook up the theory that there’s a bust potential with Allen. 

Hes less likely to bust than QW. the body of work over the last 3 years supports. 

3 years >>>> 1 year 

Meh, I don’t like his ankle bend 

; )

6 minutes ago, cant wait said:

is he an edge now? seems like that’s what he’s built for

I think you can play him all over the line and even at LB. He's that freakishly good.

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

I think you can play him all over the line and even at LB. He's that freakishly good.

I think he’s probably a better fit at DE/OLB, 281 would make him the smallest DT in the league and he doesn’t look like a 5 tech 

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I think he’s probably a better fit at DE/OLB, 281 would make him the smallest DT in the league and he doesn’t look like a 5 tech 

I agree that he would not be a good 5 tech. I should have been more specific but I could see him playing all over the line in a 4-3. I still prefer him with his hand in the dirt and he weighs just about the same as Donald, so I wouldn't worry about the weight. I'm sure he'll gain a little more as he matures....he just turned 21 a few months ago.

This draft season, I have been listening to @RobR and @Miss Lonelyhearts and thinking that all the people begging for Quinnen Williams to be our Aaron Donald, were talking about the wrong guy.  

FWIW on his weight, he was 281 at his pro day, but 287 at the combine.  That may have contributed to him not running at the combine. He's not likely to blow up to 315, but he is probably fairly flexible about his weight.

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

This draft season, I have been listening to @RobR and @Miss Lonelyhearts and thinking that all the people begging for Quinnen Williams to be our Aaron Donald, were talking about the wrong guy.

If the 40/shuttle/cone times I saw are right, he's also got a better chance of being Joey Bosa than Nick Bosa does. This dream is deader than disco.

5 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Any first round talent on that oline? Doubt he'll be crushing the pile on the next level.

Williams dominated all season facing the SEC but yeah that’s like division 2 competition 

12 hours ago, cant wait said:

is he an edge now? seems like that’s what he’s built for

imo Oliver was not played where he would have been most effective in college & he was still extremely productive.... I think making him a roaming D-End/LB will be his best position... place him where you think he'll be most disruptive each play... he will only make it that much better for the rest of d-lineman.

18 hours ago, David Harris said:

Allen def has a decent bust potential to me. But if we can’t trade down I’d take him over a DT

Josh Allen I can see on draft day him going much later than people think he will go. ( every year one player drops , and Josh Allen  the player I see most likely being that player.   

On 3/27/2019 at 11:08 PM, Philc1 said:

Quinnen Williams is not only going to win rookie of the year next season I would be shocked if he also didn’t make the pro bowl as a rookie 

Ive been lobbying hard for Allen and we need an edge rusher but Holy Jesus this guy QW is going to be really good.  Allen who I like could be a bust and if he is we are back to square one.  QW is going to be an all-pro probably right away

I know I’ve said very recently that Ansah is an injury risk and teams are waiting on his next post-operative eval in April but that’s exactly why you strike now and try to sign him because he has zero leverage.  A modest offer at reasonable money like 2 years $24 million like what Justin Houston got can get this done 

Get the next great generational defensive player AND our first actual EDGE rusher in over a decade

So you want Darron Lee as starting ILB?

On 3/27/2019 at 11:14 PM, Beerfish said:

I have no clue why everyone is so high in Q Williams.  Good looking player?  Yeah, one year, did nothing in the national champ game.

We've heard the same thing about leo williams, shelrich,  mo wilk, all going to be huge difference makers.  None of them are.

If the jets take this dude in this draft he better Fing be a pro bowler from year one.

Next year when we let leo williams go we can draft another DT with our 1st rounder.

I agree with you and think anything short of a true difference maker and the draft choice would be considered a waste. The Jets have drafted too many D T's in recent years. Every Jets fan is ho hum about that choice.

On 3/27/2019 at 11:08 PM, Philc1 said:

After reading this I have an uncontrollable urge to get as drunk as is humanly possible. Then stick my head in the ground and not re-emerge until after the draft. 

BEDEB54E-D83E-4A83-97A4-46368D790F7F.jpeg

16 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Williams dominated all season facing the SEC but yeah that’s like division 2 competition 

He was also playing alongside guys who dominated all season facing the SEC. Oliver was the first, last, and only gameplanning consideration every single game he played. And it’s not that hard to come up with stuff you can throw at an undersized zero-technique nose tackle. And it didn’t matter.

On 3/29/2019 at 1:58 PM, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

He was also playing alongside guys who dominated all season facing the SEC. Oliver was the first, last, and only gameplanning consideration every single game he played. And it’s not that hard to come up with stuff you can throw at an undersized zero-technique nose tackle. And it didn’t matter.

Wait so how does the “he played for Alabama so it doesn’t count” logic apply only to Quinnen Williams and not also to Jonah Williams?

Archived