New Mock has Jets Trading With Giants

GREENBEAN

If the Giants wanted to trade with the Jets why weren’t they in the OBJ discussion? Personally that’s the only way I would’ve even began the notion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe we were. I don’t think the jets had any real interest in giving up there first and 3 spots may not be enough to acquire obj. Sure there are creative ways to carve up draft value but if the basic wants aren’t there it would be tough.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Hope there's a future pick in that trade or one in a later round. Just a 2nd and a 4th to go from 3 to 6 sounds light. I'm ok with the players but don't like the double dip at CB. Only 2 of first 5 picks on O. Can't be doing that again

That’s where it lost me too. Also that the first of the two cb’s struggles in coverage and may project to be a safety. No good.

The rest was delightful. If we came away with Sweat, Brown and Jenkins in this draft I’d be ecstatic.

8 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

That’s where it lost me too. Also that the first of the two cb’s struggles in coverage and may project to be a safety. No good.

The rest was delightful. If we came away with Sweat, Brown and Jenkins in this draft I’d be ecstatic.

Definitely could live with those first 3 picks

Didn’t we send #6 and 3 2nd rounders to move up with the colts? No way in hell im moving from 3 (guaranteed edge rush stud or Q Williams/Oliver)to 6 for an extra 2nd and 4th. You want to move up on our dime it’s gonna cost more than that we gotta fleece whoever we trade with for it to be worth it. 

I'd do it in a heart beat. Tons of talent will be on the board at that #6 spot. Talent that will also fill a need area. Plus a 2nd rounder from NYG would be the 5th pick (37th overall) in the second round. I would think we might be picking up a later rounder from the NYG as well.

Three-round NFL Mock Draft: Raiders, Redskins move into top three for QBs

R.J. White 

Mar 27, 2019

1 RAIDERS Raiders get No. 1 for No. 4, No. 27, OT Kolton Miller (Played at UCLA with Rosen)

Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma  The Raiders splurged on a left tackle in the offseason to replace last year's first-round pick Kolton Miller, who is now penciled in for the right side. But fellow rookie Brandon Parker played about as well as the first-rounder (not very), so if the Cardinals are open to adding Miller as a pseudo-first round pick in a trade to upgrade their Swiss cheese line, why not package him with one of the Raiders' later first-rounders to move up for Murray, a star QB prospect who could revamp Jon Gruden's offense and fill the new stadium in Las Vegas.

2 49ERS Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State 

The 49ers don't have to draft for need at the defensive end position after adding Dee Ford, but what if Bosa is just the best player in the draft? The 49ers can cut Arik Armstead with no cap penalty and/or move Solomon Thomas to the interior or a rotational role, so there are certainly ways to make this work.3

REDSKINS Redskins get No. 3 for No. 15, 173, 2020 1st.

Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State  CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora put this scenario forward last week , so let's pull the trigger here, with the Redskins paying a big price in next year's first-rounder along with one of their two fifth-round picks this year to the Jets to come up and get Haskins rather than settling for one of the other quarterbacks at No. 15. He'd figure to get early snaps for a Washington team looking for a spark.

4 CARDINALS Cardinals get No. 4, No. 27, OT Kolton Miller for No. 1

Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama  The Cardinals keep Josh Rosen rather than trading him at an immense discount, land some much-needed help for the offensive line and then pick up a guy in Williams who some think is the best player in this draft class, and THEN have another pick coming from this trade later in the first round? Consider this a big win for the Arizona front office after building up incredible buzz for Kyler Murray during the pre-draft process.

5 BUCCANEERS Josh Allen, EDGE, Kentucky 

The Buccaneers benefit from the Redskins' trade up for Haskins as it pushes a much-needed edge rusher down to No. 5 in Allen, who should be a great fit for Todd Bowles at outside linebacker, which just so happens to be the team's biggest need.

6 GIANTS Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan 

Gary is so much more than his statistical output for a Michigan program that didn't utilize him to the best of his abilities. In New York he'll join with standout sophomore B.J. Hill and run-stuffer Dalvin Tomlinson to make an excellent young defensive front, and he can move around the line depending on the formation as well.

7 JAGUARS T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa 

The Jaguars have a strong core on defense and have now upgraded their quarterback situation, so this draft should be about boosting the weapons in the passing game and improving the blocking in front of Nick Foles. Adding Hockenson, the best all-around tight end prospect in years, would do both.

8 FALCONS Falcons get No. 8 for No. 14, 79, 117 Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

Oliver would be an excellent fit for a Falcons team looking to generate more pass rush, and he would also act as Grady Jarrett insurance should the star defensive tackle not sign an extension to stay in Atlanta long-term. The Houston product won't make it to 14, so if the Falcons want him, they should be exploring a move up.

9 BILLS Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida 

The Bills have smartly made upgrading their offensive line a priority this offseason, but while Ty Neskhe is better than last year's options at right tackle, he's better served in a swing role as a reserve. Enter Taylor, the most talented offensive lineman in this class, who gives the Bills a third locked-in O-line starter along with Dion Dawkins and Mitch Morse, with solid depth behind them.

10 BRONCOS Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

I don't think the Broncos absolutely have to go quarterback here, but there's enough smoke surrounding their interest in Lock, including hosting him for a predraft visit well after trading a fourth-round pick for Joe Flacco, that we can't rule it out. Opinions are torn on Lock's future in the NFL, but he'd certainly fit the mold for what John Elway wants at quarterback.

48 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Not sure if a single 2nd would do it but not bad getting Sweat, AJ Brown and E. Jenkins in the 3rd.

Is that better than taking Allen??

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/28/2019-nfl-draft-jets-trade-back-giants-montez-sweat/

The Jets may be able to extract a little bit more for the move, but those are three excellent players to get for moving back three spots.  So the answer to your question is, YES.  Unquestionably.

This  also illustrates , clearly,  why it is in the Jets best interests to move back in the first round this year.  Three big time players for the cost of one.  It's a no brainer, no matter how good Bosa/Allen, project to be.  Sweat is nearly that, in and of himself.

Didn’t we send #6 and 3 2nd rounders to move up with the colts? No way in hell im moving from 3 (guaranteed edge rush stud or Q Williams/Oliver)to 6 for an extra 2nd and 4th. You want to move up on our dime it’s gonna cost more than that we gotta fleece whoever we trade with for it to be worth it. 

Let’s remember that we gave over 200 Pts of additional value to the colts on that move. That’s quite a bit and it shouldn’t necessarily be the gauge. We did that because the qbs were that highly regarded. This year is a bit different.
I’d love to get more of course but this could be more valuable to us than just picking a player at 3.
sliding back 3 spots to 6 still gets you top 4 non qb talent. When you look at the crop, it could even get you Allen or Q. If not, sweat, Oliver, Gary and some others will be sitting there. I’d even hope they reach a bit for Jonah Williams or even super puller Bradbury or TE Hockenson.
The 2nd would be epic his year. OL or WR in with this years deep talent at those positions... Oh momma!

Lots of discounts in the mock trades here. 

If I'm Maccagnan I'm starting in the same general area as what I gave up. The 17th pick is worth 950 on the chart. Picks 37 and 49 last year were worth 940 combined. I'd start at 6, 17, and a future 2 and hold there for a while. Realistically 37 has a lot of value for the Jets but may as well start high.

Three-round NFL Mock Draft: Raiders, Redskins move into top three for QBs
 R.J. White 
Mar 27, 2019
1 RAIDERS Raiders get No. 1 for No. 4, No. 27, OT Kolton Miller (Played at UCLA with Rosen)
[/url] Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma  The Raiders splurged on a left tackle in the offseason to replace last year's first-round pick Kolton Miller, who is now penciled in for the right side. But fellow rookie Brandon Parker played about as well as the first-rounder (not very), so if the Cardinals are open to adding Miller as a pseudo-first round pick in a trade to upgrade their Swiss cheese line, why not package him with one of the Raiders' later first-rounders to move up for Murray, a star QB prospect who could revamp Jon Gruden's offense and fill the new stadium in Las Vegas.

2 49ERS Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State 
The 49ers don't have to draft for need at the defensive end position after adding Dee Ford, but what if Bosa is just the best player in the draft? The 49ers can cut Arik Armstead with no cap penalty and/or move Solomon Thomas to the interior or a rotational role, so there are certainly ways to make this work.3
REDSKINS Redskins get No. 3 for No. 15, 173, 2020 1st.
Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State  CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora put this scenario forward last week , so let's pull the trigger here, with the Redskins paying a big price in next year's first-rounder along with one of their two fifth-round picks this year to the Jets to come up and get Haskins rather than settling for one of the other quarterbacks at No. 15. He'd figure to get early snaps for a Washington team looking for a spark.
4 CARDINALS Cardinals get No. 4, No. 27, OT Kolton Miller for No. 1
Quinnen Williams, DL, Alabama  The Cardinals keep Josh Rosen rather than trading him at an immense discount, land some much-needed help for the offensive line and then pick up a guy in Williams who some think is the best player in this draft class, and THEN have another pick coming from this trade later in the first round? Consider this a big win for the Arizona front office after building up incredible buzz for Kyler Murray during the pre-draft process.
5 BUCCANEERS Josh Allen, EDGE, Kentucky 
The Buccaneers benefit from the Redskins' trade up for Haskins as it pushes a much-needed edge rusher down to No. 5 in Allen, who should be a great fit for Todd Bowles at outside linebacker, which just so happens to be the team's biggest need.
6 GIANTS Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan 
Gary is so much more than his statistical output for a Michigan program that didn't utilize him to the best of his abilities. In New York he'll join with standout sophomore B.J. Hill and run-stuffer Dalvin Tomlinson to make an excellent young defensive front, and he can move around the line depending on the formation as well.
7 JAGUARS T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa 
The Jaguars have a strong core on defense and have now upgraded their quarterback situation, so this draft should be about boosting the weapons in the passing game and improving the blocking in front of Nick Foles. Adding Hockenson, the best all-around tight end prospect in years, would do both.
8 FALCONS Falcons get No. 8 for No. 14, 79, 117 Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
Oliver would be an excellent fit for a Falcons team looking to generate more pass rush, and he would also act as Grady Jarrett insurance should the star defensive tackle not sign an extension to stay in Atlanta long-term. The Houston product won't make it to 14, so if the Falcons want him, they should be exploring a move up.
9 BILLS Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida 
The Bills have smartly made upgrading their offensive line a priority this offseason, but while Ty Neskhe is better than last year's options at right tackle, he's better served in a swing role as a reserve. Enter Taylor, the most talented offensive lineman in this class, who gives the Bills a third locked-in O-line starter along with Dion Dawkins and Mitch Morse, with solid depth behind them.
10 BRONCOS Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
I don't think the Broncos absolutely have to go quarterback here, but there's enough smoke surrounding their interest in Lock, including hosting him for a predraft visit well after trading a fourth-round pick for Joe Flacco, that we can't rule it out. Opinions are torn on Lock's future in the NFL, but he'd certainly fit the mold for what John Elway wants at quarterback.

No way are we only getting a 5th this year even with next years 1st. I just can’t buy into that. I’d rather the 2nd and and 4th this year I think.

The Jets may be able to extract a little bit more for the move, but those are three excellent players to get for moving back three spots.  So the answer to your question is, YES.  Unquestionably.
  This  also illustrates , clearly,  why it is in the Jets best interests to move back in the first round this year.  Three big time players for the cost of one.  It's a no brainer, no matter how good Bosa/Allen, project to be.  Sweat is nearly that, in and of himself.

I really Do agree with this. I’d love to get a bit more and even take a little less than full value but come on. I’m very comfortable sitting at 6 with the addition of a second.

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

No way are we only getting a 5th this year even with next years 1st. I just can’t buy into that. I’d rather the 2nd and and 4th this year I think.

I agree the Skins would have to give up much more than that. Got have the 2nd rd pick in there as well as a future 1st.

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Not sure if a single 2nd would do it but not bad getting Sweat, AJ Brown and E. Jenkins in the 3rd.

Is that better than taking Allen??

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/28/2019-nfl-draft-jets-trade-back-giants-montez-sweat/

I'm thinking that if they come to us, after they kind of made it known they wouldnt let us come up a year ago, I want more than what we gave up a year ago to make the same move.  

1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

If the Giants wanted to trade with the Jets why weren’t they in the OBJ discussion? Personally that’s the only way I would’ve even began the notion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait...  are you saying you'd want OBJ on the Jets?

Hells no!  That dude is a psycho, and I don't want him/her anywhere near Sam.

Cleveland was doing awesome.  Until they brought in OBJ.  

To me, this is all a no brainer. Jets have needed desperately a QB and edge rushers since i was in diapers and now they have a chance to get both in consecutive drafts. Don't overthink this Mac, take Josh Allen and call it a day.

I'm thinking that if they come to us, after they kind of made it known they wouldnt let us come up a year ago, I want more than what we gave up a year ago to make the same move.  

Ahhhhhhh the ‘ol holding a grudge tactic. I see.

Me? I would hope that we don’t get caught up in that stuff. If it makes sense for us today I’d pull the trigger.

Then again, I’d be happy enough just to quiet some of the posters here that say a giants trade is impossible just because. but that may just be the opposite side of the same thing you were taking about. ?

9 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Ahhhhhhh the ‘ol holding a grudge tactic. I see. emoji102.png
emoji104.png

Me? I would hope that we don’t get caught up in that stuff. If it makes sense for us today I’d pull the trigger.

Then again, I’d be happy enough just to quiet some of the posters here that say a giants trade is impossible just because. but that may just be the opposite side of the same thing you were taking about. ?

No seriously, we gave up the two 2s to move from 6 to 3 to grab our QB, why shouldnt we ask for the same a year later, same circumstances?

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

Not enough to go from 15 to 3.  We would need a second or a very high 3 this year as well.  The only tempting aspect is the Skins' first next year could be very high.

high future picks could be valuable since the jets will have to make decisions on re-signing guys like leo.  the high future picks will help keep the pipeline full of good (and cheap) players.

No seriously, we gave up the two 2s to move from 6 to 3 to grab our QB, why shouldnt we ask for the same a year later, same circumstances?

I hear ya. Actually we gave up 3 2nd rd picks. One being this year.
I don’t disagree with the overall point your making, just poking fun at your reasoning. F the giants and all that :)

Hey, in high school having to deal with the parcells led, LT giants and their fans was the worst. I felt the same about them as I did the phins or buffalo at the time.
Now? I lived in ft Lauderdale for the last 13 years and now I’m in friggin Charlottesville Va. (college b ball rules the roost). So I don’t feel the same way about the giants any more really.
That said, even if I did, I’d take a common sense trade with them. If it’s .80 on the dollar so be it. If that’s all we can get is a 2nd and 4th id probably take it. It’s just worth more than #3 in my mind. Especially that we are still only at 6 with two of those picks being qb’s.

Last year was different because of the talent available and the number of teams who needed a qb. It’s a very different landscape this year on both sides. Foles, Flacco, rosen, Fitz and keenum ruined a lot of the market for our trade back. It’s just the facts unfortunately.

Archived