Mafia Championship Season 6

That's not really true. We sometimes have trouble starting games and some games are slow and frustrating but I was just looking back at some of the games we just played in the last year and they were great imo.

Pacs Indiana jones, DPRs alien strike squad, Hess' mother****ing wizard of oz! And more even.

I know we don't play as many games anymore and some of them even suck but per year we still have fun.

Idk, I was feeling like this place was kind of over for mafia too but looking back even at the past year it doesn't have to be.

Maybe if we played less games per year but put more effort into modding and playing the games we do play we can still keep the fun going for awhile longer. Let's maybe schedule one game per quarter (3 months) giving us a total of only 4 games per year? That's not too overwhelming I think. Thoughts anyone?

27 minutes ago, Nolder said:

That's not really true. We sometimes have trouble starting games and some games are slow and frustrating but I was just looking back at some of the games we just played in the last year and they were great imo.

Pacs Indiana jones, DPRs alien strike squad, Hess' mother****ing wizard of oz! And more even.

I know we don't play as many games anymore and some of them even suck but per year we still have fun.

Idk, I was feeling like this place was kind of over for mafia too but looking back even at the past year it doesn't have to be.

Maybe if we played less games per year but put more effort into modding and playing the games we do play we can still keep the fun going for awhile longer. Let's maybe schedule one game per quarter (3 months) giving us a total of only 4 games per year? That's not too overwhelming I think. Thoughts anyone?

Last year started strong with gata bot, stark and brick debuts. It ended prematurely though and this year just never started again 

• Upvote 1

What do you think of my idea? If we schedule only 4 games a year and try to up the quality (everyone has to up their game) I think we can still have good games we just won't have as many as we used to. Quality over quantity.

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

As for this thing... I guess if no one else wants to do it (Nyn?) I will if it's ok with everyone. 

I just might need some grouping/timing accommodations if that's ok with thingyman.

Go for it.

I appreciate ctm nominating me but I'm under a lot of time constraints 

On 4/22/2019 at 2:01 PM, Nolder said:

As for this thing... I guess if no one else wants to do it (Nyn?) I will if it's ok with everyone. 

I just might need some grouping/timing accommodations if that's ok with thingyman.

Woop, woop :D

PM incoming.

On 4/23/2019 at 10:06 PM, Nolder said:

Hey so I'm supposed to name a backup for this.

I don't think I'll need one but you never know I guess.

Any chance I can get a volunteer? Remember you probably wont have to do anything at all.

If you can gurantee you will absolutely not need me to sign up on a new site, meet new people, appear on a players list, make a single post or even find whatever site the game is played on.. You can rely on me!

47 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

If you can gurantee you will absolutely not need me to sign up on a new site, meet new people, appear on a players list, make a single post or even find whatever site the game is played on.. You can rely on me!

I think they do actually want the backups to make 1 post and declare they're a backup lol.

Hey guys I was disinvited to be the rep for Jetnation. First I'll tell you the facts of the situation and then I'll explain my own side of things and you all can come to your decisions regarding it. This morning Thingyman sent me a PM telling me this which I will quote in part but first - IF ANYONE WANTS TO REPLACE ME CONTACT THINGYMAN ASAP. Technically it's past deadline to sign up but the games are being played one at a time I think and I'm sure he could work you into the tournament so if anyone has the time or inclination please don't stay away on my behalf. Ok so moving on, this was the most pertinent part of what Thingyman said to me this morning.

However, after you volunteered and confirmed on Mafia Universe, the moderation team has received a number of reports regarding posts you have made in another forum [Dragonmount], namely those expressing white nationalist views. The moderators investigated further and found that these views are not in compliance with our Code of Conduct and/or the type of philosophy and environment that we wish to promote on Mafia Universe and/or in the Mafia Championship. Note that even if you disagree with the “white nationalist” description, the views are still found to be non-compliant with the MU Code of Conduct. And it isn't an option for you to simply promise that you wouldn't discuss or reference these views on Mafia Universe, as several Mafia Universe members are already aware of your views. As such, I unfortunately have to uninvite you.

As you can see there was no appealing this decision or arguing with the charge. It had nothing to do with Jetnation or anything I've posted on MafiaUniverse. The "offending" posts are all on Dragonmount in the Debates and Discussion forum which I invite you to look through if you want to see for yourself. 

Here's the facts of the matter: 

1. I am not nor do I consider myself to be a White Nationalist, Racist, or any other ist ism or phobe.

2. I AM right leaning politically and I did vote for Trump in 2016.

3. There is a person who goes by/went by Shad on Dragonmount who went completely deranged leading up to the 2016 election and as I am the most outspoken person in the discussion forums he put his focus on me. He disappeared of Dragonmount around that time and I hadn't heard from him since but when I went to play a game on Mafia Universe some months ago I was harassed by another player calling me a racist and at first I couldn't figure out why since I'd never met the person before but it eventually clicked that this was someone Shad had talked to. I was allowed to play the game...but then I got kicked out 2/3 through it anyway.

Now I'll speak more to my own defense and take on things. From what I've gleaned Shad and some of his friends have been complaining about/warning about me on MafiaUniverse and possibly other sites for a long time now without my knowledge so that if I ever showed up I would get sh*t and/or be kicked out of the game which is what's happening in this case. It's some kind of reverse stalking by someone who lost their mind that someone voted for Trump. You probably didn't know any of this or at best had a vague idea of my politics because outside of a few random comments here and there through the years I keep that sh*t where it belongs, outside of mafia. Obviously that's not good enough for Thingyman and MafiaUniverse so I apologize to him and to you guys for wasting time signing up.

As for my views which are so abhorrent I had to be removed, here are three examples that Thingyman gave me although with the caveat that his moderation team found more than they didn't like.

"Common history, common language, common religion, ethnic homogeneity, UNITY. This is how you make and keep a nation together. Break those things and you break the nation. "

"That's because not all cultures are equal. I will take 50 Christian Norwegians before 1 Muslim Arab. "

Screen_Shot_2019-04-24_at_1.04.52_PM.png

You can find more of my posts here: https://dragonmount.com/forums/forum/11-debates-and-discussions/

I invite you all to take a look and make up your own minds.

I stand behind everything I've posted on that forum and have no regrets.

And if at the end you guys don't want me playing on Jetnation anymore either well that's up to you I guess. I understand some sites, like mafiauniverse, like to be extra careful and will ban you for stuff you say on a completely different site. I'll leave it to Crusher and like with Thingyman I wont fight it if it's decided I should leave. Only thing I want to point out before a decision is made is that I'm the same person I've been the entire time and nothing changes that. If you think my posts are racist I disagree but then you've been playing with a racist for like 8 years? It didn't hurt you the whole time and I never said anything disparaging that wasn't obviously a joke.

Like I said to Thingyman though I know recent world events would have been used against him so his hands were tied. I understand if that's also the case here. All in all I'm not looking to cause any trouble I just want to hang out and play mafia. That's all.

• WTF? 1

30 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Hey guys I was disinvited to be the rep for Jetnation. First I'll tell you the facts of the situation and then I'll explain my own side of things and you all can come to your decisions regarding it. This morning Thingyman sent me a PM telling me this which I will quote in part but first - IF ANYONE WANTS TO REPLACE ME CONTACT THINGYMAN ASAP. Technically it's past deadline to sign up but the games are being played one at a time I think and I'm sure he could work you into the tournament so if anyone has the time or inclination please don't stay away on my behalf. Ok so moving on, this was the most pertinent part of what Thingyman said to me this morning.

As you can see there was no appealing this decision or arguing with the charge. It had nothing to do with Jetnation or anything I've posted on MafiaUniverse. The "offending" posts are all on Dragonmount in the Debates and Discussion forum which I invite you to look through if you want to see for yourself. 

Here's the facts of the matter: 

1. I am not nor do I consider myself to be a White Nationalist, Racist, or any other ist ism or phobe.

2. I AM right leaning politically and I did vote for Trump in 2016.

3. There is a person who goes by/went by Shad on Dragonmount who went completely deranged leading up to the 2016 election and as I am the most outspoken person in the discussion forums he put his focus on me. He disappeared of Dragonmount around that time and I hadn't heard from him since but when I went to play a game on Mafia Universe some months ago I was harassed by another player calling me a racist and at first I couldn't figure out why since I'd never met the person before but it eventually clicked that this was someone Shad had talked to. I was allowed to play the game...but then I got kicked out 2/3 through it anyway.

Now I'll speak more to my own defense and take on things. From what I've gleaned Shad and some of his friends have been complaining about/warning about me on MafiaUniverse and possibly other sites for a long time now without my knowledge so that if I ever showed up I would get sh*t and/or be kicked out of the game which is what's happening in this case. It's some kind of reverse stalking by someone who lost their mind that someone voted for Trump. You probably didn't know any of this or at best had a vague idea of my politics because outside of a few random comments here and there through the years I keep that sh*t where it belongs, outside of mafia. Obviously that's not good enough for Thingyman and MafiaUniverse so I apologize to him and to you guys for wasting time signing up.

As for my views which are so abhorrent I had to be removed, here are three examples that Thingyman gave me although with the caveat that his moderation team found more than they didn't like.

You can find more of my posts here: https://dragonmount.com/forums/forum/11-debates-and-discussions/

I invite you all to take a look and make up your own minds.

I stand behind everything I've posted on that forum and have no regrets.

And if at the end you guys don't want me playing on Jetnation anymore either well that's up to you I guess. I understand some sites, like mafiauniverse, like to be extra careful and will ban you for stuff you say on a completely different site. I'll leave it to Crusher and like with Thingyman I wont fight it if it's decided I should leave. Only thing I want to point out before a decision is made is that I'm the same person I've been the entire time and nothing changes that. If you think my posts are racist I disagree but then you've been playing with a racist for like 8 years? It didn't hurt you the whole time and I never said anything disparaging that wasn't obviously a joke.

Like I said to Thingyman though I know recent world events would have been used against him so his hands were tied. I understand if that's also the case here. All in all I'm not looking to cause any trouble I just want to hang out and play mafia. That's all.

No politics here at all. Thanks.