Are we lacking speed on defense?

Greenbloodblitz

With the additions of Mosley, Avery Williamson, Brian Poole, Tru Johnson and of course Adams I feel it's below average. I think Darryl Roberts is pretty fast as well as Darron Lee but I don't know what his future is. It just seems to me that we have a lack of speed in our linebacking and secondary groups. With all of the offenses chucking the ball all over the field I'm wondering what the plan is and if we're done adding to these groups yet?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, there's a difference between speed and quickness.  For DLinemen, particularly 3-4 DEs I think Leo and Anderson are actually fairly quick, although not fast.  We need speed at certain spot, CB, OLB and maybe Free Safety.  I think we'll find it at OLB in the Draft, and if memory serves me right guys like Trumaine Johnson, Marcus Maye, etc. are pretty fast (at least fast enough).  Unfortunately, the guy with the best speed for his position is likely Darron Lee, but that's one of the few things he has going for him.

this turned into another Jamal hate thread. funny thing is Mosley, Williamson and Jamal have all been pretty successful with there speed . not even sure why this would be issue now.  dudes act like teams have 4.3 40 players at all positions on there defense..  its football not track and field.. 

15 minutes ago, genot said:

Williamson ran a 4.66 fourty at the combine. That's not slow. Mosley is the total package, Can cover tight ends, running backs, and is a beast in run defense. I'm not concerned.

Mosley cant cover. That’s his big flaw. Ironically, Lee became really good at coverage last year.

In a 3-4 defense, where does the speed come from?  

When I look at the Patriots defense (which is its own thing), they appear to put the speed in the defensive backfield and run LBs with a good combination of speed and size, but not necessarily Darron Lee size.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Good lord.  Does he even get 6 inches off the ground when he jumps?

I mean, I get it. You guys have your agenda but like, Adams has been really good as a pro, so this is just more stale than fun.

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

nobody's triggered your jokes are as lame as @T0mShane are.. 

Then why is it people can't help themselves but whine about it whenever Jamal is mentioned in the negative?  It's fun watching you gals get into a tizzy over Jamal.  You do realize Jets fans have no obligation to be loyal to a particular player, right? 

Archived