Suh at Metlife?

prime21

Just another of the reasons we should have cleaned house.
Macc is terrible, also the got McLendon for far less but they lost a positive influence in the locker room. everybody likes Snacks. Mo Wilk is a locker room cancer.
BTW I’m trying to remember all the big plays McLendon has had over the last several years and I’m drawing a blank. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

13 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

The Wilk deal was obviously horrible beyond belief, but it doesn't really explain the lack of a Snacks deal.  That was entirely based on Macc's idiotic penchant for always having players play out their entire contract before negotiating with them, ensuring the team has absolutely no leverage at all in such talks.  The deal with Snacks could have been done earlier at a fraction of the cost.  By the time Maccagnan bothered to do anything, it was too late and quite frankly, as much as I liked Snacks, he was nowhere near worth the deal that the Giants gave him as a run-stopper in today's NFL, especially when you consider that the Jets got McLendon for far less.

This is glossed over so much and I have no idea why. We didn't have $5-6MM for him in 2015 but we had 20 gajillion dollars for a bunch of guys we knew had a low chance of living past 2 years of their lucrative deals...while the team was (and should have been) rebuilding.

Excuse me -- competitive rebuilding I think was the term.

Then 4 years in, the team was neither competitive nor rebuilt lol.

Archived