Tom Brady’s Legacy Poll

T0mShane

What will Tom Brady’s legacy be?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What will Tom Brady’s legacy be?

• Despicable cheat like Barry Bonds
    • Consummate winner like DiMaggio

My brother is a radicalized meathead who has, for peripheral, gross reasons, taken to liking the Patriots. We’ve been arguing as to what Tom Brady’s ultimate legacy will be and how he’s remembered. I think he’ll be remembered as a garbage piece of sh*t who defrauded the sport for over a decade like Barry Bonds. He thinks that he’ll be remembered as a consummate winner a la DiMaggio. What do you think? 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is something between those two choices.  But if he gets caught cheating again it will be clear.  I have no doubt he's juicing (guys don't get faster in their late thirties or early forties) but I think he's too smart to get caught.   Also, who knows?  Maybe the league will finally decide to shine a light on the illegal compensation he is getting from the Pats through his supplement company (in order to fool the cap).  

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

There is something between those two choices.  But if he gets caught cheating again it will be clear.  I have no doubt he's juicing (guys don't get faster in their late thirties or early forties) but I think he's too smart to get caught.   Also, who knows?  Maybe the league will finally decide to shine a light on the illegal compensation he is getting from the Pats through his supplement company (in order to fool the cap).  

I think that middle ground is ARod, who’s generally liked, but everyone knows is a cheating piece of sh*t like alll Yankees from the 99-2019 era.

I think their legacies will be similar. They're both greats of the game, but achieved that through questionable manner.

But as a huge Baseball purist I'll say Bonds is worse than Brady. He was great, but f*ck Bonds.

7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I voted he's a despicable cheat due to deflategate, but I still respect him as one of the best quarterbacks to play the game. He's already better than Joe Montana just for the simple fact he's lasted so long.

How can you acknowledge he's a despicable cheat, yet proclaim him "one of the best quarterbacks to play the game"?

Doesn't make sense.

It'd be like proclaiming Mario Batali one of the best chefs in the world even after learning that Gordon Ramsey prepared all his dishes for him.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

How can you acknowledge he's a despicable cheat, yet proclaim him "one of the best quarterbacks to play the game"?

Doesn't make sense.

It'd be like proclaiming Mario Batali one of the best chefs in the world even after learning that Gordon Ramsey prepared all his dishes for him.

Look at his last two seasons and how well he's played. Tell me, do you really think he can't throw a football without the ball being deflated? 

Worse than Barry Bonds.  Bonds did roids in era where you did roids or didn’t make it. 

Brady has cheated in numerous fashions (HGHgate, deflategate, spygate, walkthrough gate, capgate, headset gate) and that’s the only ones we know of.  

7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Look at his last two seasons and how well he's played. Tell me, do you really think he can't throw a football without the ball being deflated? 

There are more ways to cheat than just deflating a ball. Do you think he just decided to cheat out of the blue 14 years into his career? No way it was the first time.

His entire career, along with the careers of everyone in that organization, is tainted, imo.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Worse than Barry Bonds.  Bonds did roids in era where you did roids or didn’t make it. 

Brady has cheated in numerous fashions (HGHgate, deflategate, spygate, walkthrough gate, capgate, headset gate) and that’s the only ones we know of.  

But, man, can you still see him throw a football? Boy, he's good.

23 minutes ago, JiF said:

The best part of Belichick eventually retiring will be the countless tell-all’s that come out about the Patriots cheating. Knifing Mangini silenced all of those stories, but they’re coming once Belichick is out of power

43 minutes ago, JiF said:

You're putting spygate and opposing teams having problems with their headsets on Brady?

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

My brother is a radicalized meathead who has, for peripheral, gross reasons, taken to liking the Patriots. We’ve been arguing as to what Tom Brady’s ultimate legacy will be and how he’s remembered. I think he’ll be remembered as a garbage piece of sh*t who defrauded the sport for over a decade like Barry Bonds. He thinks that he’ll be remembered as a consummate winner a la DiMaggio. What do you think? 

because legacies are almost invariably based on false or incomplete recollections, they will probably compare him to Joltin' Joe, another legacy guy who was also known for his cheapness, his icy regard for his fans, and his Marilyn Monroe.

45 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

You're putting spygate and opposing teams having problems with their headsets on Brady?

Flutie said he accidentally put on Brady’s helmet and the radio never went off. 

He also has been the biggest protected player by the NFL in league history. He even had NFL rules changed to protect him.  If Joe Montana or other Great QB including Joe Willie and the rules to protect him their careers would of lasted way more years until retirement. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

You better kick his ass for comparing that trash to Joe D!

4 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

ball deflation was to assist running backs with reduced fumbles, which it did. It didn't matter a whit to Brady, even though he likes 'em soft and cleanly shaved... err well soft.

P.S. This poll is a fraud and a trap. Where is the option to vote for Bert Jones?

I hate Brady more than anyone on this earth but if the Jets could cheat and win a Super Bowl or 6 go ahead and cheat.  Brady is a great cheater but the brains behind all that cheating is that little troll they call Bill Belichick. Its always the quite grump that is the biggest cheater. Unfortunately Brady will go down as the consummate winner because the NFL can't afford him and his 6 bowls to be labeled a cheater. He could get caught with roids and I think the NFL would look the other way.

Archived