Tom Brady’s Legacy Poll

T0mShane

What will Tom Brady’s legacy be?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What will Tom Brady’s legacy be?

• Despicable cheat like Barry Bonds
    • Consummate winner like DiMaggio

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think that middle ground is ARod, who’s generally liked, but everyone knows is a cheating piece of sh*t like alll Yankees from the 99-2019 era.

That's what I would of went with however I also believe Bonds was a great player and was HOF worthy prior to PED. 

The reality is most of these guys are on something, particularly in that era, a very good friend of mine played minor league ball up to triple A, he was on gear as were "most of his team" this wouldve been in the mid/  late 90's.

That being said Bonds issue is that his change happened so late in his career which made it so obvious both from a physical perspective and the impact on stats. I think basically over night his HR/AB dropped like 40-50%. There was no plausible deniability for casual fans and homers. Had he been 10 years younger he'd have been on gear from the get go and it wouldve been less noticable. The fact that he has a surly disposition hasnt helped 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Brady couldn’t sniff Montana’s jock strap. Or Bradshaw’s for that matter. Both undefeated in Super Bowl’s. 

:rl:  Montana is a worthy #2 all time, Bradshaw isn't even in the discussion.  Both played in the pre free agency era where you could build a superpower and have them together for decade, both also had incredible defenses.  Brady has done it better for far longer in an era where it's basically impossible to have a real dynasty.  The players constantly change around him yet all he does is win.  he took a failed HC and turned him into what many now call the best coach of all time.  He's the best of all time and it's not close retires.  we've seen it up close for almost 20 years, what it will it take to sink in to Jet fans just how great this player is?

13 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

There is something between those two choices.  But if he gets caught cheating again it will be clear.  I have no doubt he's juicing (guys don't get faster in their late thirties or early forties) but I think he's too smart to get caught.   Also, who knows?  Maybe the league will finally decide to shine a light on the illegal compensation he is getting from the Pats through his supplement company (in order to fool the cap).  

No doubt that he is juicing?

He looks more like an accountant then an NFL QB and can't throw more then 20 yard line drives.  

The patriots organization  has accomplished a lot (while also bending the rules) but they have been beatable the last few years, and yet only one team was actually able to beat  them in the SB.

14 minutes ago, BCJet said:

He looks more like an accountant then an NFL QB and can't throw more then 20 yard line drives.  

The patriots organization  has accomplished a lot (while also bending the rules) but they have been beatable the last few years, and yet only one team was actually able to beat  them in the SB.

I have no doubt Brady is on PEDs whether it’s steroids or HGH or both 

Part of being "great" means playing the game with respect, integrity, and accountability. Brady fails miserably in all three aspects. Does anyone pine for their kid to grow up to act like this entitled, whiny doosh (outside of delusional Bostonland)?

The only reason why anyone would vote "DiMaggio" is because of self interest

namely, if the Pats 6 titles are tainted, if the Jets ever win this trophy it will be tainted

the alternative is to pretend the league is fair, everything is OK and it's a true meritocracy 

and it's not really all about Selling Tom Brady jerseys in Beijing 

https://twitter.com/jmawhite/status/1052079354216210432

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/16/patriots-tom-brady-start-chinese-videos-series/

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

Yes.  Juicing.  He is stronger, more cut, and faster than he was at 23.  He has a personal trainer/guru who had one other client on the Pats (Edelman), who was suspended four games last year for PEDs.  And do you think Belicheat would hate said guru and try to get rid of him if he wasn't putting his star player at risk?  We also know that Brady has shown a willingness to cheat in the past by deflating footballs and taking money under the table to cheat the salary cap.  Is he the best ever?  Probably.  But let's not be naive.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

The "cheating" will be a footnote of a footnote. He's already called the GOAT. The cheating will continue to fade to nothing.

Unfortunately this. He will never be on my Mount Rushmore, and the entire pats legacy is a joke to me, but the general public doesn't care about all of the reasons why.

We've played witness to it for the past 17 years. Spygate, deflategate, all of the accusations of headsets and locker room tampering, doug flutie's account, Ernie Adams' involvement, Guererro's "supplements", and the TB12 company which allows Kraft to pay Brady a huge salary to defer from the cap which allows Belichick to build a stronger team around Brady. How much is any of it really looked into or even questioned by the people who have the ability to sway perspectives; i.e. the media? Almost none. The media is the biggest propagator of this NE machine. Just look at the past two pats superbowl wins. Brady comes off a suspension for cheating, and after the superbowl everyone in the media starts with the GOAT comments. Edelman comes off a suspension for PEDs, and not only does no one mention it after the superbowl, but instead, the media start to wonder aloud whether he's deserving of the HoF!

Absurd.

I'm all for a Tom Brady bashing, but you cannot argue with his success, despite every fiber of my being wanting to smash his face with a Jet's helmet from the 80's (I liked that logo). 

Counting to 10 now........................and I'm back. 

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

25 now.  I mean, what in the actual f*** is wrong with these people. 

How do they explain their decision to their children? That repeated, verifiable and flagrant violations of moral and ethical codes is good? It’s fine? Go out and be a despicable cheat, Junior? 

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How do they explain their decision to their children? That repeated, verifiable and flagrant violations of moral and ethical codes is good? It’s fine? Go out and be a despicable cheat, Junior? 

Yes thats how they roll. "It's all fine son and oh by the way I've arranged to have you enter Stanford on a synchronized swimming scholarship."

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

My brother is a radicalized meathead who has, for peripheral, gross reasons, taken to liking the Patriots. We’ve been arguing as to what Tom Brady’s ultimate legacy will be and how he’s remembered. I think he’ll be remembered as a garbage piece of sh*t who defrauded the sport for over a decade like Barry Bonds. He thinks that he’ll be remembered as a consummate winner a la DiMaggio. What do you think? 

I think you don't seem like the type of person who wouldn't be estranged from his entire family. 

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well dumb dumb perhaps you should've phrased the question differently if this is what you were looking to gauge. You asked "what his legacy would be" not "what do you think his legacy should be". Which are two very different things, yet your hand wringing in thread is based on the idea that the community is answering the latter rather than the former.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

That 25 of you are this morally bankrupt is surprising, and Fall of Man type sh*t. 

And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Unfortunately this. He will never be on my Mount Rushmore, and the entire pats legacy is a joke to me, but the general public doesn't care about all of the reasons why.

We've played witness to it for the past 17 years. Spygate, deflategate, all of the accusations of headsets and locker room tampering, doug flutie's account, Ernie Adams' involvement, Guererro's "supplements", and the TB12 company which allows Kraft to pay Brady a huge salary to defer from the cap which allows Belichick to build a stronger team around Brady. How much is any of it really looked into or even questioned by the people who have the ability to sway perspectives; i.e. the media? Almost none. The media is the biggest propagator of this NE machine. Just look at the past two pats superbowl wins. Brady comes off a suspension for cheating, and after the superbowl everyone in the media starts with the GOAT comments. Edelman comes off a suspension for PEDs, and not only does no one mention it after the superbowl, but instead, the media start to wonder aloud whether he's deserving of the HoF!

Absurd.

Just wait until Brady signs a lifetime servies contract to pats 2 years after he retires to make him whole for years of accepting below market contracts 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

That 25 of you are this morally bankrupt is surprising, and Fall of Man type sh*t. 

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

25 now.  I mean, what in the actual f*** is wrong with these people. 

Your poll question sucks. If you wanted different results ask us what our opinion is, don’t ask us to predict what the sychophantic media will portray TB’s career as.

i hope it doesn’t rain today but I’m carrying an umbrella. Don’t confuse prediction and personal opinion.

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

:rl:  Montana is a worthy #2 all time, Bradshaw isn't even in the discussion.  Both played in the pre free agency era where you could build a superpower and have them together for decade, both also had incredible defenses.  Brady has done it better for far longer in an era where it's basically impossible to have a real dynasty.  The players constantly change around him yet all he does is win.  he took a failed HC and turned him into what many now call the best coach of all time.  He's the best of all time and it's not close retires.  we've seen it up close for almost 20 years, what it will it take to sink in to Jet fans just how great this player is?

Factor into your analysis how the game has changed allowing offense to dictate. Namath would have thrown for 8000 yards in this era! Oh yea and the cheating. Let’s not forget that! Of the 6 SB the Pats won, most could have easily been losses and were influenced by bad calls. Tuck my foot!

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

Factor into your analysis how the game has changed allowing offense to dictate. Namath would have thrown for 8000 yards in this era! Oh yea and the cheating. Let’s not forget that! Of the 6 SB the Pats won, most could have easily been losses and were influenced by bad calls. Tuck my foot!

Please don't ever bring up namath in such a discussion.  

So the great bill belichick only started cheating week 3 of the 2001 season?

Most of their SBs could have been losses and their 3 losses easily could have been wins.  The bottom line is he has led a franchise to 6 super bowl wins and done so mostly without top talent around him.  

17 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Please don't ever bring up namath in such a discussion.  

So the great bill belichick only started cheating week 3 of the 2001 season?

Most of their SBs could have been losses and their 3 losses easily could have been wins.  The bottom line is he has led a franchise to 6 super bowl wins and done so mostly without top talent around him.  

In this era it’s scary what Namath would have done. ALL of the Pats wins are influenced by the refs- ALL!!!!

12 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

In this era it’s scary what Namath would have done. ALL of the Pats wins are influenced by the refs- ALL!!!!

Well he played in his pass happy, wide open era and was only great for a brief time.

Haha, ok.  If not for the refs Brady would suck, right?  ??

I'm not at all convinced that Brady would have been this good had he played in Montana's era.  It was a much tougher sport back then.  Montana came back from a broken back.  Brady plays in the arena league era.  But let's give Brady credit though.  I don't think Montana could've done better than Brady did in the current era.  Longevity is a part of football and Brady is incredibly driven to win.

If it's proven that Brady has been on PEDs then I reserve the right to change my opinion of him.  But if all we have is deflategate (which happened in a game where the Pats blew out the Colts) then I don't think it's such a big deal.  I get the feeling every team is probably cheating.

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not at all convinced that Brady would have been this good had he played in Montana's era.  It was a much tougher sport back then.  Montana came back from a broken back.  Brady plays in the arena league era.  But let's give Brady credit though.  I don't think Montana could've done better than Brady did in the current era.  Longevity is a part of football and Brady is incredibly driven to win.

If it's proven that Brady has been on PEDs then I reserve the right to change my opinion of him.  But if all we have is deflategate (which happened in a game where the Pats blew out the Colts) then I don't think it's such a big deal.  I get the feeling every team is probably cheating.

Montana played in the "in the grasp" era, people forget this.

This era talk is silly, we judge players based on how they did in their eras and no one dominated an era like Tom Brady.  We all hate him because of how great he is and how be turned an irrelevant franchise into the greatest dynasty of the SB era but we are allowed to appreciate greatness.  It's like a Knick fan in the 90s, everyone hated Michael but you could appreciate that you are watching greatness.

Archived