Jump to content
GREENBEAN

Duke Johnson Requests Trade... Jets among list of Potential Landing Spots

Recommended Posts

Any interest in trading for Duke? He would be a high quality second RB behind Bell. What would the trade compensation be? I would think Cleveland would want a pick for this years draft after losing their 1st innthd Odell grade.

 

I’d be interested but I wouldn’t trade any capital from this years draft. That’s for sure.

Next years 5th or 6th?

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2829035-browns-rumors-duke-johnson-requests-trade-jets-texans-eagles-interested

 

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or throw them Lee since we have done a few player for player trades with them. Unless we think we can use Lee as a decent trade up pawn in the draft.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Just draft Trayveon Williams this year.  Same player, except Trayveon will be 4 years younger an on a rookie deal for 4 years.  

I'd prefer Montgomery, but I am with you with drafting a rb on a rookie deal than trading for a vet.

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Just draft Trayveon Williams this year.  Same player, except Trayveon will be 4 years younger an on a rookie deal for 4 years.  

Love Trayveon Williams. I think he's better than Johnson and will go higher than most expect. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing dumber then bringing in one free agent rb would be also trading for one.

RBs are a dime a dozen.  Draft them.

  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I guess all of the rumors of players not wanting to come to the Jets has been greatly exaggerated!!! :) 

What isn’t greatly exaggerated when it comes to jets fans lol

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember someone on here posted that they met Maccagnan at some event and Mac said something along the lines of them taking Duke had they not traded back in the third round that year. Real thankful we lucked into taking Mauldin instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

 

Any interest in trading for Duke? He would be a high quality second RB behind Bell. What would the trade compensation be? I would think Cleveland would want a pick for this years draft after losing their 1st innthd Odell grade.

 

I’d be interested but I wouldn’t trade any capital from this years draft. That’s for sure.

Next years 5th or 6th?

 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2829035-browns-rumors-duke-johnson-requests-trade-jets-texans-eagles-interested

 

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

Good lord nouw many cleveland cast offs do we need? Crowell was enough, 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, choon328 said:

He's a lot better than people think

yeah unless you want to win, cause if you want to win that he really never helps.

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we can get away with getting him for a future late round draft pick, then by all means. Much rather Duke backing Bell than Eli.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

yeah unless you want to win, cause if you want to win that he really never helps.

45 first downs a season doesn’t help the team win? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, choon328 said:

So any player on a bad team you'd stay away from? That makes no sense. He'd immediately lessen the blow of when Bell was out of the game bc he lines up all over the field just like Bell. And if it cost a 6th this year it's well worth it. There is not 1 player that you'd get in that round that would have as much impact on the team for the next 2-3 years than him. That's a fact. 

You never know what kind of gem can be found in the later rounds. With that being said, i'd still grab Duke for a 6th. If we can get away with a future draft pick for the trade than jump on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MindOverMatter said:

You never know what kind of gem can be found in the later rounds. With that being said, i'd still grab Duke for a 6th. If we can get away with a future draft pick for the trade than jump on it.

About 4% of 6th round picks ever become starters. If you can get good players for any draft pick beyond the 4th round it'll have way more of an impact on your team than drafting someone in those rounds. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RobR said:

Love Trayveon Williams. I think he's better than Johnson and will go higher than most expect. 

I think you may be right.  Unfortunately the Jets pick at 4-105 and don’t pick again until 6-196.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The only thing dumber then bringing in one free agent rb would be also trading for one.

RBs are a dime a dozen.  Draft them.

RBs like Bell are not a dime a dozen. He's probably the best receiving RB we've ever had. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good number 2 who can also play the slot. He would be a good pick up for the right price. 

McGuire and a 6th for Duke.

Or Lee for Duke. 

Or some combo of the above.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They’d be dumb to trade him before the deadline with the Hunt suspension.

And the Jets would be equally as dumb to give up anything more than a 6th round pick for a guy who isn’t going to see more than 5 or 6 touches a game as long as Bell is healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Just draft Trayveon Williams this year.  Same player, except Trayveon will be 4 years younger an on a rookie deal for 4 years.  

Bingo. 2nd RB should come cheaper than a trade and vet contract. Our resources are needed in too many other spots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
One that has 235 receptions and over 2100 yards in 4 years? Obviously there’s RBs that have done better Bell, Kamara etc but not a lot. He’d be a prefect compliment to Bell and give Darnold another short threat. 

People around here act like a guy who sat out a year of football has never pulled a groin and missed 4 weeks.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duke Johnson would be an upgrade here to the RB corps behind Bell on the depth chart. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Duke Johnson would be an upgrade here to the RB corps behind Bell on the depth chart. 

I think what some are saying here is why trade a draft pick for Johnson when we could draft a comparable player, maybe even better with the same draft pick we would have to give up. That way you get a younger guy on a cheap contract for the next four years. 

If it's a straight up trade for Lee than you pull the trigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RobR said:

I think what some are saying here is why trade a draft pick for Johnson when we could draft a comparable player, maybe even better with the same draft pick we would have to give up. That way you get a younger guy on a cheap contract for the next four years. 

If it's a straight up trade for Lee than you pull the trigger.

We could also wind up with another Trenton Cannon..Duke Johnson is an instant upgrade here. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We could also wind up with another Trenton Cannon..Duke Johnson is an instant upgrade here. 

Fair enough.....especially with Mac pulling the trigger.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Bell here we're not desperate for some proven talent at the position, makes no sense to trade for anybody until after the draft if at all.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...