Well here is a mock most of you will like

Love the mock but I don't see the Giants trading up. Just like the Jets had a list of QBs they would of taken at 3 I see the Giants having a list that also includes Josh Rosen and one of their guys will be available at 6. No need to trade up. Hope Im wrong.

• Upvote 1

Giants have a million needs and literally no one seems to think Haskins is all that good. I’m of the belief that they’d trade their second for Rosen and let Eli have his retirement run this year, then roll into 2020 with Rosen and Barkley, which could be fine depending on how they fill in around them in this draft

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

So, they have us trading back, but coming away with even fewer picks than we have now. 

3 for 6 & 17 I would do.  But not adding our 3rd and 4th rounders.

Agreed....sure the points work out, 2,534 given up by the Jets vs. 2,550 given back by the Giants.

But you pay a PREMIUM to move up and grab a QB, especially, under this scenario, the Giants want Haskins and think the Raiders are going to take him at the #4 spot. 

If the Giants want to move up, they better give up both 1st rounders and not expect anything back.

Or, I'll take the #6 pick, the Giants 2nd rounder, throw in a 4th or a 5th and next years 2nd rounder.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Giants have a million needs and literally no one seems to think Haskins is all that good. I’m of the belief that they’d trade their second for Rosen and let Eli have his retirement run this year, then roll into 2020 with Rosen and Barkley, which could be fine depending on how they fill in around them in this draft

There's no way the giants pass on Darnold to draft a RB. Never gonna happen. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think this is what's going to happen as well if for no other reason than to ensure that Giants get to retaliate against the Jets fans who mocked them for taking Barkley by saying - "SEE?????  We took Barkley instead of a QB and got the best damn QB. in that draft anyway!"   

The football Gods (anti-Jets fans for sure) will make this so.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I think this is what's going to happen as well if for no other reason than to ensure that Giants get to retaliate against the Jets fans who mocked them for taking Barkley by saying - "SEE?????  We took Barkley instead of a QB and got the best damn QB. in that draft anyway!"   

The football Gods (anti-Jets fans for sure) will make this so.  

I agree.  I almost want the giants to NOT get Haskins as much as I want Jets to get Bosa/Allen.  Them getting Haskins AND still having Saquon?  MY God, we'd never hear the end of it!

3 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Selecting Jonah Williams after trading back to 6 would be legit but not with Quinnen still on the board, I'd even take Oliver and than Dillard or Ford @ 17.

The Jets traded back from 3 to 6 and got another 1st Round pick.  I like that.  But...

- Leaving the best player on the board in Q. Williams

- Not getting an Edge Rusher with either pick

- Taking an OT who some people believe will be an OG (and leaving a true LT like Jawaan Taylor on the board)

....those are potentially crippling decisions.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

15 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

In this draft we could have taken Q and Dillard. 

I think the trade value is horrible.  Why are we throwing picks into the deal?  I'd take the Giants' two #1s, but no way I'm throwing extra picks into the deal from our end.

Plus, if the board fell the way it does in this mock, I'd go Quinnen Williams (or possibly Jawaan Taylor) with the first pick, and Brian Burns with the second.

• Sympathy 1

Our first mock trade. The Giants send the No. 6 and No. 17 (which they got in the OBJ trade) to the Jets for Nos. 3, 68 and 105. They then beat the Raiders to the punch by taking Dwayne Haskins, filling the budgets for New York newspaper editors for the next eight months.

Crap deal. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The Jets traded back from 3 to 6 and got another 1st Round pick.  I like that.  But...

- Leaving the best player on the board in Q. Williams

- Not getting an Edge Rusher with either pick

- Taking an OT who some people believe will be an OG (and leaving a true LT like Jawaan Taylor on the board)

....those are potentially crippling decisions.

Agreed. But I can see it happening.

• Upvote 1

Based on how this Draft fell the Jets could have also done any of the following....

1.  BPA in Quinnen Williams at 6,  LT Andre Dillard at 17

2. LT Jawaan Taylor at 6,  Edge Rusher Brian Burns at 17

3. Full DEFENSE ->  Quinnen Williams and Greedy Williams

4. Full OFFENSE ->  Jawaan Taylor and WR N'Keal Harry

5. Trade back again from #6 for a huge haul given that the #1 player on many team's Draft Boards (Q. Williams) is still there.

• Upvote 2