Jump to content

..should jets consider bringing back CB Morris Claiborne ? ? ?


kelly

Recommended Posts

Im not sure regarding Claiborne, but I really liked Parry Nickerson coming out of college. I wish we could draft a guy, develop him for a season, let the high signing free agent walk, and replace him with a guy we invested a draft pick in. At some point we have to let these guys see the field.

We should be the next man up rotation. Claiborne isnt a consistently good enough Corner not to take this approach. 

Nickerson needs a bit of controlled emotion/aggression on the field, but if he can display himself as a professional then on an overall level I did like some thingsthat I seen from him.

Id give Nickerson a shot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, rangerous said:

imo you gotta put the cb's in perspective.  they were playing in a bowles defense and it just wasn't that great after 3 years of getting the right players.  and the offense was so anemic that they couldn't pressure teams to be one dimensional on offense.  if the jets can score more and williams can generate a pass rush the corners will look much better.

Roberts played okay early last season.  Later they made him a safety and he stunk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, section314 said:

I'd suggest that anyone who feels like Claiborne should still be here to go watch the 4th Q of the Titans game and the last drives of the Houston and Green Bay games, and tell me that you still have the same opinion.

Or watch the Texans game when Hopkins was making plays on him at will

 

I get that Bowles did him no favors and we had 0.0 pass rush (as usual) but Claiborne is at best a JAG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Or watch the Texans game when Hopkins was making plays on him at will

 

I get that Bowles did him no favors and we had 0.0 pass rush (as usual) but Claiborne is at best a JAG

 

 

5 hours ago, section314 said:

I'd suggest that anyone who feels like Claiborne should still be here to go watch the 4th Q of the Titans game and the last drives of the Houston and Green Bay games, and tell me that you still have the same opinion.

I thought penalties was a consistent problem with Bowles the last 2 years. 

Most penalties called on a DB in :

2017 : 9, Claiborne 7 

2018 : 11, Claiborne 6 

Roll the dice with Roberts as CB2 / Poole as nickel / Nickerson as slot 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Hopkins does that with top tier corners so that’s not a good example 

I am not sure who covered who the most on this game but Trumaine Johnson played that game and should have been covering him at least half of that game so I think you have to look at more than just Hopkins stats. (who had 2 touchdowns 40+ yards or more)

The other 2 other receivers with a catch were averaging 27.5 and 9.8 yards a catch. 

We also had a team total of 9 penalties for 60 yards. Which is a sh*t load, I am sure Claiborne was good for one of those. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

I am not sure who covered who the most on this game but Trumaine Johnson played that game and should have been covering him at least half of that game so I think you have to look at more than just Hopkins stats. (who had 2 touchdowns 40+ yards or more)

The other 2 other receivers with a catch were averaging 27.5 and 9.8 yards a catch. 

We also had a team total of 9 penalties for 60 yards. Which is a sh*t load, I am sure Claiborne was good for one of those. 

 

That was a brutal display.  I forgot about it already.  Maybe blocked it out...  ;)

Comparable to the infamous Tim Brown v. Vance Joseph during the Kotite era.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rsherman28 said:

 

I thought penalties was a consistent problem with Bowles the last 2 years. 

Most penalties called on a DB in :

2017 : 9, Claiborne 7 

2018 : 11, Claiborne 6 

Roll the dice with Roberts as CB2 / Poole as nickel / Nickerson as slot 

 

We pretty much have no choice since Macagnan didn’t even bother to go after Bradley Roby or Pierre Desir

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

Hopkins does that with top tier corners so that’s not a good example 

Claiborne got shat on the entire season.  He’s a mediocre second corner who was forced to cover superstar WRs all year because Trumaine Johnson stunk up the joint

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/2/2019 at 12:52 PM, RoadFan said:

Trumaine Johnson was utterly worthless last season. 

He didn't cover.  He didn't tackle.  He didn't help anyone else tackle.  He didn't ballhawk.

In fact, if you follow Parcells' team model, the highest paid player should be the hardest working... Tru was worse than worthless.  He was poisonous.  Not only did he play poorly, his lousy effort was on film for the entire locker room to see every Monday.

Claiborne is better than Tru.  Roberts is better than Tru.  I expect Poole will be too.

Johnson is absolutely atrocious. He’s ******* horrible. I cannot wait until his contract is voided because he is TERRIBLE. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...