Jump to content

Here's what it comes down to...


Recommended Posts

Assuming no more impactful moves are made from now until the draft it's going to come down to the Jet's picking at #3 and staring at Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen.  I really feel like Kyler Murray to Arizona is a lock.  I also feel like when it comes down to it San Francisco will no way in hell pass up on Nick Bosa so that'll put the Jets in an amazing spot.  With those two available I'm hoping the trade offer would have to be an extreme haul to even remotely entertain which I doubt will happen.  So when it all comes down to it who is everyone drafting between Quinnen Williams and Josh Allen??  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll throw up if we draft DT over an edge rusher. The Quinnen is a beast brigade will be along shortly.

“We just felt like Quinnen was too good a value to pass up. He was the number one player on our board and, quite frankly, we were surprised he was there for us when it came time to pick.”

Here we are, and yes he is a beast.  With all that, I still think that the Jets must trade down.  If they don't, I would want Williams, but would be just fine with Josh Allen, probably more so than Bo

Personally I would go with Allen at the end of the day.  I could very well be wrong but I just like the potential of having an elite talent at every level of the defense meaning I want an impact defensive lineman which Leo can definitely become with the addition of Allen, I want an elite edge rusher which I really feel Allen will become and I want an elite talent in the secondary which we have in Jamal Adams.  I would rather the defense be constructed that way as opposed to having two impact/elite talents along the defensive line in Leo and Quinnen Williams but now leaving a big hole at the edge position which is a premier position in the league.

Again my thought process when it comes to this decision can be completely off but this is how I feel as of right now.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Here we are, and yes he is a beast.  With all that, I still think that the Jets must trade down.  If they don't, I would want Williams, but would be just fine with Josh Allen, probably more so than Bosa.

I would hope that the trade offer would have to blow them away in order for them to pass up on Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't see an outcome where Macc doesn't have offers to trade back, whether Murray goes #1 or not. Unless Arizona trades out somehow...

Last year we knew the Jets were picking QB, the suspense boiled down to which one was available. This year it could go in so many different ways. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Trade down

So you're willing to trade down and pass up on a player like Quinnen Williams and Josh Allen for who?  Give me a trade down scenario and who the picks would be just out of curiosity so I can compare because the more I watch those guys the more I feel like the gap between them and the rest of the talent in this draft is enormous. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MindOverMatter said:

I can't see an outcome where Macc doesn't have offers to trade back, whether Murray goes #1 or not. Unless Arizona trades out somehow...

Last year we knew the Jets were picking QB, the suspense boiled down to which one was available. This year it could go in so many different ways. 

Sure he'll get offers but will any of them be good enough to pass up on talents such as Quinnen Williams and Josh Allen?  I'm not trading back and passing up on those guys for players who might turn out to be impact players.  They sucked last season and everyone had to suffer through it which landed them the #3 pick in which I hope they're never in a position to be drafting that high again but you're willing to pass up on potential elite talent which they're granted because of being so bad for whom?  I'm not taking the chance on players who are less likely to be impactful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MindOverMatter said:

Trade down from 3 to 6 and 17. Pick up any combo of Off/Def, Off/Off, or Def/Def. 

Burns and Greedy

J. Taylor and Ford or C

Burns and Dillard

Sweat and J.Williams

Just some examples depending on how the board falls obviously

 

 

 

I definitely respect and see where you're coming from but I'm not willing to pass up on a player of Williams' caliber for those guys.  Granted getting 6 and 17 and taking Taylor and G. Bradbury would make me think long and hard but I still take Williams or Allen over them.  Again I could be wrong but I'm taking the surer shot if you want to call it that and filling in the other holes next season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

So you're willing to trade down and pass up on a player like Quinnen Williams and Josh Allen for who?  Give me a trade down scenario and who the picks would be just out of curiosity so I can compare because the more I watch those guys the more I feel like the gap between them and the rest of the talent in this draft is enormous. 

cover-top-10-iol.png?w=900

AND 

a 2019 2nd round pick

AND

a 2020 1st round pick

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Trade down from 3 to 6 and 17. Pick up any combo of Off/Def, Off/Off, or Def/Def. 

Burns and Greedy

J. Taylor and Ford or C

Burns and Dillard

Sweat and J.Williams

Just some examples depending on how the board falls obviously

 

OT Taylor and C Bradbury would be like re-living the D'Brick and Mangold draft.  I wouldn't complain but I want that Edge rusher.

Give me Clelin Ferrell and Garrett Bradbury.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

I would hope that the trade offer would have to blow them away in order for them to pass up on Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen.

An extra first rounder, a second and one other mid round pick would do it for me.  As long as the trade down isn't too far, there is  plenty of good first round talent at many need positions throughout the first round. 

This draft is strong all the way back to the first twenty picks.  It is also deep well into the third round, and beyond.  We could address the offensive line,  get an edge rusher or top rushing linebacker,  and still address the cornerback or tight end position.  A reasonable haul for trading out of the #3 pick would accomplish all of these pressing roster needs

I love the prospect of being able to watch Quinnen Williams for the next 8 years and beyond.  I also recognize the possibilities of filling all of these holes, and what that  could mean to the immediate benefit of the Jets roster, and Sam Darnold's development.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

cover-top-10-iol.png?w=900

AND 

a 2019 2nd round pick

AND

a 2020 1st round pick

I'm a big fan of Bradbury.  That trade offer would do it for me because of the 1st round pick next season.  That would be the kicker for me in order to practically give away Allen or Williams.  It would essentially be Bradbury, 2nd rd Edge or CB and two 1st rd picks for 2020 to get LT and CB or Edge.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

An extra first rounder, a second and one other mid round pick would do it for me.  As long as the trade down isn't too far, there is  plenty of good first round talent at many need positions throughout the first round. 

This draft is strong all the way back to the first twenty picks.  It is also deep well into the third round, and beyond.  We could address the offensive line,  get an edge rusher or top rushing linebacker,  and still address the cornerback or tight end position.  A reasonable haul for trading out of the #3 pick would accomplish all of these pressing roster needs

I love the prospect of being able to watch Quinnen Williams for the next 8 years and beyond.  I also recognize the possibilities of filling all of these holes, and what that  could mean to the immediate benefit of the Jets roster, and Sam Darnold's development.

I 100% agree.  The trade offer would HAVE to include a 1st rd pick in 2020 along with a 2nd rd pick this year and not moving too far back in the 1st round.  It's going to be really hard to pass up on Quinnen or Allen which I feel would make the defense truly elite but if they can get a Bradbury and Burns along with an additional 1st round pick next year it's also hard to pass that up.

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a huge trade down guy but I’d be all over a trade with NYG. Take 6 17 and a 2nd and send them 3 and a 3rd. Juwan Taylor at 6, Metcalf at 17 and then Erik McCoy at 37.  Or Oliver at #6, Burns at 17, Rock Ya Sin at 37. I’m also not accepting a trade until the draft has started because while the above scenarios are great, If Bosa somehow is there at 3 I’m sprinting to make the pick. Unless a team offers a Kings ransom pre draft 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Here we are, and yes he is a beast.  With all that, I still think that the Jets must trade down.  If they don't, I would want Williams, but would be just fine with Josh Allen, probably more so than Bosa.

A trade can ONLY happen if the jets have a partner... that being said, the jets Can Not trade down without proper compensation... If the jets can't find a willing partner there Will be No trade.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade down, pick up more picks and draft the top Olineman in the draft at center and maybe another guard or tackle.

Tons of people, including myself, have been making threads on why we should either take the best pass rusher on the board or why we should trade down and draft linemen.

Throwing all that out of the window for a second, let me provide a concerning fact that has to do with the jets directly.

Every quarterback that has taken a snap behind the Jets Oline since 2015 has ended up injured, either by the complete breakdown of the pocket and having to scramble or our below average receivers not getting open leaving the QB exposed behind a below average oline. 

Sam Darnold will get injured (again) and THAT'S when folks will care about the oline and better receivers. 

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

Assuming no more impactful moves are made from now until the draft it's going to come down to the Jet's picking at #3 and staring at Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen.  I really feel like Kyler Murray to Arizona is a lock.  I also feel like when it comes down to it San Francisco will no way in hell pass up on Nick Bosa so that'll put the Jets in an amazing spot.  With those two available I'm hoping the trade offer would have to be an extreme haul to even remotely entertain which I doubt will happen.  So when it all comes down to it who is everyone drafting between Quinnen Williams and Josh Allen??  

I'm not. Mac will trade down. Assuming the Giants cannot consumate a trade for Josh Rosen, every team will want to leap frog the Giants to get a AN or possibly grab an impactful defensive player such as Josh Allen. The Jets have too many holes. They can still get a decent edge rusher later on in the draft.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

So you're willing to trade down and pass up on a player like Quinnen Williams and Josh Allen for who?  Give me a trade down scenario and who the picks would be just out of curiosity so I can compare because the more I watch those guys the more I feel like the gap between them and the rest of the talent in this draft is enormous. 

Unless we still get one of the better pass rushers like Sweat or Burns as well as a to Center like Bradbury, but a trade down doesn't guarantee giving up Allen that we get those players for sure and do we give up a better protect at Edge rusher for those 2 positions of lesser Edge rusher prospect and the better Center than we would get in the 3rd round.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trading the  pick if both Allen and Bosa are off the board and going with O Line.  PFT had a good discussion that the Jets have a nice young core of players but are missing that edge rusher for a Greg Williams defense.  Nothing we did not know or hear before but makes sense when the pick comes up.

If we can trade to Giants and grab Jonah Williams and pick up an extra first or second, I'm in for that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NYDreamer said:

I'm trading the  pick if both Allen and Bosa are off the board and going with O Line.  PFT had a good discussion that the Jets have a nice young core of players but are missing that edge rusher for a Greg Williams defense.  Nothing we did not know or hear before but makes sense when the pick comes up.

If we can trade to Giants and grab Jonah Williams and pick up an extra first or second, I'm in for that.

That's a nightmare scenario for me. I can see Macc panic and trade down only to take a sub par offer. If on the other hand if say Allen is still on the board, the Jets would only trade down with a haul of picks in return.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not buying any of the QB hype 

I think Quinnen Williams may go 1st or 2nd. 

But for the purposes of this thread I am now starting to lean towards Josh Allen over Williams 

Williams is the better pro prospect but Allen does more for the jets specifically and sooner 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I'm not. Mac will trade down. Assuming the Giants cannot consumate a trade for Josh Rosen, every team will want to leap frog the Giants to get a AN or possibly grab an impactful defensive player such as Josh Allen. The Jets have too many holes. They can still get a decent edge rusher later on in the draft.

The Jets do have holes but all these holes cannot be filled in one offseason.  You take the star player now at #3 while you have the chance and work on filling the rest of the holes next offseason.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Unless we still get one of the better pass rushers like Sweat or Burns as well as a to Center like Bradbury, but a trade down doesn't guarantee giving up Allen that we get those players for sure and do we give up a better protect at Edge rusher for those 2 positions of lesser Edge rusher prospect and the better Center than we would get in the 3rd round.

I'm definitely staying at #3 and going with the player who's less likely to be a bust.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

I'm trading the  pick if both Allen and Bosa are off the board and going with O Line.  PFT had a good discussion that the Jets have a nice young core of players but are missing that edge rusher for a Greg Williams defense.  Nothing we did not know or hear before but makes sense when the pick comes up.

If we can trade to Giants and grab Jonah Williams and pick up an extra first or second, I'm in for that.

I trade back only if a 1st next year is included.  That's the only way I'm trading Allen or Williams.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Larz said:

I'm not buying any of the QB hype 

I think Quinnen Williams may go 1st or 2nd. 

But for the purposes of this thread I am now starting to lean towards Josh Allen over Williams 

Williams is the better pro prospect but Allen does more for the jets specifically and sooner 

 

I agree.  At first I was all about Williams but Allen's improvement and will to be great is unmatched.  He makes Leo better because he will command double teams off of the edge and he'll get to the QB in no time which will make the CBs better.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

Personally I would go with Allen at the end of the day.  I could very well be wrong but I just like the potential of having an elite talent at every level of the defense meaning I want an impact defensive lineman which Leo can definitely become with the addition of Allen, I want an elite edge rusher which I really feel Allen will become and I want an elite talent in the secondary which we have in Jamal Adams.  I would rather the defense be constructed that way as opposed to having two impact/elite talents along the defensive line in Leo and Quinnen Williams but now leaving a big hole at the edge position which is a premier position in the league.

Again my thought process when it comes to this decision can be completely off but this is how I feel as of right now.

Don't forget Mosley

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
I would hope that the trade offer would have to blow them away in order for them to pass up on Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen.


Every year there are can’t miss players at the top of the draft and every year there are more impactful players found in the middle of the round. For anyone knows Sweat may turn out to be the best player out of the bunch. If it’s a good offer, trade down and increase our chances of getting two impact players.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jetsons said:

A trade can ONLY happen if the jets have a partner... that being said, the jets Can Not trade down without proper compensation... If the jets can't find a willing partner there Will be No trade.

This is usually my mantra, but I really feel like this year Mac and the Jets are in excellent position to trade down. Jon Gruden sniffing around Murray and Haskins can only help. Wouldn't surprise me to learn that Mac already has trade parameters in the works depending on how the draft falls. Gruden could be trying to help himself with the QB hype in hopes of one of the big pass-rushers falling to him to replace Mack. I expect the Raiders/QB chatter to continue right up to the draft. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...