Sign in to follow this  
GATA

The JOKER-DC Comeback?

Early reviews starting to come in.  A lot of people saying Phoenix is a shoo-in for the Oscar.

IGN gave it a 10/10

The trailers haven’t grabbed me at all but wow the reviews are through the roof positive, like masterpiece level stuff 

Obviously an unmarried, depressed Jets fan. Tends to drive us all crazy.

• Upvote 2

Best movie I’ve seen in recent memory 

Phoenix knocked it out of the f*cking park.

Every other comic book related movie completely pales in comparison, including The Dark Knight. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Every other comic book related movie completely pales in comparison, including The Dark Knight. 

Nice 

10 hours ago, Untouchable said:

It really was amazing. It shouldn’t even be compared to the comic book movies. It’s such a realistic take. Seeing the joker be born into what we know him as is just chilling to see on screen.  Phoenix should just get the awards now. Game over. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

It really was amazing. It shouldn’t even be compared to the comic book movies. It’s such a realistic take. Seeing the joker be born into what we know him as is just chilling to see on screen.  Phoenix should just get the awards now. Game over. 

Closest comparison is Taxi Driver

And I’m just about ready to put it on that tier. Still need a couple of re-watchings to do so...but damn, this exceeded every expectation I had for it by a mile.

Good to hear. I have gotten pretty burned out on the MCU profit factory disney is running

On 4/5/2019 at 8:17 PM, Irish Jet said:

This is everything I wanted.

Joaquin Phoenix is one of the greats. If he’s not the best actor in the world he’s certainly the best for a mentally unstable character.

Can see this being epic.

AND IT WAS EVERYTHING I HOPED FOR

Amazing performance from Phoenix. Just stunning from start to finish. Should be nailed for an Oscar but he should have had three more already so wont get my hopes up.

16 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

AND IT WAS EVERYTHING I HOPED FOR

Amazing performance from Phoenix. Just stunning from start to finish. Should be nailed for an Oscar but he should have had three more already so wont get my hopes up.

I mean he lost to Phillip Seymour-Hoffman and then Daniel Day Lewis. Hard to categorize those as getting jobbed. Difference is this time around everyone's treating him as though he's DDL and this is his career performance now (which it is). It's still very early and something else could come along but it certainly seems like Phoenix has a Secretariat lead on this sh*t.

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I mean he lost to Phillip Seymour-Hoffman and then Daniel Day Lewis. Hard to categorize those as getting jobbed. Difference is this time around everyone's treating him as though he's DDL and this is his career performance now (which it is). It's still very early and something else could come along but it certainly seems like Phoenix has a Secretariat lead on this sh*t.

I would have had him over Lewis for his performance in The Master. Some of the best acting I've ever seen and what assured me he'd kill it in this. I actually forgot he was up against PSH in Capote which is, yeah fair enough, and I was just being a prick about Gladiator as I haven't even seen Traffic. This will be his iconic role for sure - Rarely see such an individual performance blow up the box office like this.

I still have a feeling he wont get it. There's a strange sort of commentary on this film. I get some of the different opinions and it wont be to everyone's taste but there seems to be a lot of manufactured controversy around it that's pretty bizarre which is definitely influencing the criticism. 

OMG this movie.  Holy sh*t.  Do we talk about it here?  I'm going to talk about it here.  OMG sooo good.  Absolutely brilliant performance by Phoenix.  Hollywood needed this so badly.  It was 70/80's Scorcsese.  The music.  OMG.  So perfect.  So intense.  So eerie.  The multiple twists were brilliant.  Kept it more than just an origin movie which it wasnt but it was but it wasnt.  

I was blown away.  I cant believe they made that movie.  It hit so many sensitive topics of today's society straight on the head.  Just really mind blown.  Totally exceeded expectations.  I already want to see it again.  

I agree Phoenix deserves awards, lots of them because that legit, one of the best performances I've ever seen.  I'm afraid Hollywood wont have the balls though because that was the most sinister character I've ever seen portrayed in a movie that was believable as a mother ****er.  It felt so ******* real. 

Amazing movie.  One of the best I've seen in a long time.  I'm not even sure I want to see more.  It was so good, I kind of want it to stand alone. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Oh and true story, I’m pretty proud because I thought they were sweet but my fiancé kept saying throughout the movie, holy sh*t he’s got your dance moves.

Joker was amazing. Well worth the wait. I gotta salute Joaquin Phoenix. He's a hell of an actor and did an amazing job. He needs an Oscar for this performance

I have Joaquin Phoenix as the 3rd best Joker btw.

Mark Hamill
Heath Ledger
Joaquin Phoenix
Cesar Romero
Jack Nicholson

Nicholson's Joker is overrated as hell btw. He was basically just playing himself in a Joker costume.

I thought for sure that nobody could follow up Ledger's Joker, but I was wrong. I don't care for ranking all of the modern Joker's. They are all great in their own way, and I'm glad that they all existed.