If both Bosa and Allen are there at #3, who are you taking?

Who would you take at #3 if both players are available?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you take at #3 if both players are available?

• Nick Bosa
    • Josh Allen

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Not sold on Bosa.  He's been hyped for so long a lot of which has been based on his brother's success.

That happens in football families.  His father and uncle (not-blood-related) were also former 1st round picks.  Part of what makes Bosa so interesting is how he has handled the pressure to live up to the expectations.  

How is Allen winning this?

It reminds me of people talking themselves into preferring Mayfield/Rosen last year mostly because they thought we had no chance at Darnold.

Bosa in a landslide, and I like Allen.

People can talk about “versatility” or labeling Allen a “chess piece” all they want...but at the end of the day you’re drafting this kid in the Top 3 to rush the QB. Period. This talk of him being great in coverage is conjuring memories of the Dion Jordan hype.

Bosa is the best player in this draft. Meanwhile, I’m not even convinced that Allen is a better prospect than guys like Montez Sweat and Brian Burns.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

How is Allen winning this?

It reminds me of people talking themselves into preferring Mayfield/Rosen last year mostly because they thought we had no chance at Darnold.

Bosa in a landslide, and I like Allen.

People can talk about “versatility” or labeling Allen a “chess piece” all they want...but at the end of the day you’re drafting this kid in the Top 3 to rush the QB. Period. This talk of him being great in coverage is conjuring memories of the Dion Jordan hype.

Bosa is the best player in this draft. Meanwhile, I’m not even convinced that Allen is a better prospect than guys like Montez Sweat and Brian Burns.

allen is ahead of sweat because he’s a year younger and has 2 more years of experience. if burns stayed his senior year he’d likely be ahead of allen now- he also needs to come up in weight a little while allen is ready to be a 3 down player from day 1

I voted Bosa but I think I have voters remorse.

Bosa's lack of tackles is astonishing.  34 is the most he ever recorded at OSU.  And if that's the case, you better have some serious sack #'s and he doesnt.  8.5 isnt sh*t when your only job is getting after the QB.   That said, he did finish is college career with 8.5 sacks in 9 games.  Which is pretty studly but if he's that big of a one trick pony he better have a multitude of moves to get to the QB.  See: Vic Beasley.  Dude is absolute dog sh*t outside of one season.

Allen is just a Football player.  Dude can do it all.  The 17 sacks coupled with as much as he dropped back into coverage is literally insane.  He was so efficient rushing the passer it's hard to imagine if he just had one job like Bosa what kind of numbers he could have put up.  And then you add in the tackles, tackles for loss, FF's, PD's...dude is a rare breed playmaker. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

I voted Bosa but I think I have voters remorse.

Bosa's lack of tackles is astonishing.  34 is the most he ever recorded at OSU.  And if that's the case, you better have some serious sack #'s and he doesnt.  8.5 isnt sh*t when your only job is getting after the QB.   That said, he did finish is college career with 8.5 sacks in 9 games.  Which is pretty studly but if he's that big of a one trick pony he better have a multitude of moves to get to the QB.  See: Vic Beasley.  Dude is absolute dog sh*t outside of one season.

Allen is just a Football player.  Dude can do it all.  The 17 sacks coupled with as much as he dropped back into coverage is literally insane.  He was so efficient rushing the passer it's hard to imagine if he just had one job like Bosa what kind of numbers he could have put up.  And then you add in the tackles, tackles for loss, FF's, PD's...dude is a rare breed playmaker. 

Agree about Bosa.  If you look at 2017, his last full season, he never recorded more than 1 sack or 3 solo tackles in any given game.  Numbers don’t tell the entire story, but his production wasn’t great.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

i wouldn't be surprised if SF has a hard time deciding b/t bosa and Q.  i also wouldn't be surprised if gruden trades up to 2 to get haskins leaving the jets with this choice, and SF figures the jets would take bosa and they'd get Q at 4 anyway.

49ers are taking N Bosa.  The big question what do the Jets do. Take Q Williams, Josh Allen , or trade back.     Can't see the Jets be content not picking till third round.    A team trades up with the Jets it won't be for the Qb .( might be for q Williams or the other defense lineman they might want to get in front of the Raiders for.

5 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

49ers are taking N Bosa.  The big question what do the Jets do. Take Q Williams, Josh Allen , or trade back.     Can't see the Jets be content not picking till third round.    A team trades up with the Jets it won't be for the Qb .( might be for q Williams or the other defense lineman they might want to get in front of the Raiders for.

A team isn’t giving up the farm for a non qb like Q.  If Tampa wants to give up a 2nd to get him that’s the most i can see.

i don’t think there’s a chance the jets take Q.  If Murray/Bosa go 1/2 and the jets can’t find any takers to trade back, i do really think the choice will come down to Taylor vs allen, like it or not. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

A team isn’t giving up the farm for a non qb like Q.  If Tampa wants to give up a 2nd to get him that’s the most i can see.

i don’t think there’s a chance the jets take Q.  If Murray/Bosa go 1/2 and the jets can’t find any takers to trade back, i do really think the choice will come down to Taylor vs allen, like it or not. 

Never said jets would get the farm for a defensive lineman , but getting a second back is a big deal for a team without a second rounder.   Jets do trade with Tampa bay who take Q Williams , the Raiders probably take Josh Allen.       

Just like you can take it to the bank the Raiders will either trade back either  pick 4, Pick 24, Pick 27  or pick 35 to recoup the 3 and sixth they currently don't have.

There still a lot of quality defensive players( Oliver, Sweat, Burns) where jets can use second round on Wr , or offense lineman .

50 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The top of this draft has become vastly overrated IMO.  There isn’t any “generational” prospects sitting there.  If you don’t draft Quinnen, there is Oliver, Wilkins and Simmons all right there with Quinnen.  If you don’t get Bosa or Allen, you have Sweat and Burns.   There isn’t much, if any real separation, between these guys.  Trading UP into the top 3 for any of them is foolish IMO.   

i would take Bosa because he seems safer.

BTW everyone i spoke to who "doesnt like Allen" only has 1 concern....that his college game isnt going to translate to the pros. His natural pass rush skills just arent as impressive as his 17 sacks.

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

The top of this draft has become vastly overrated IMO.  There isn’t any “generational” prospects sitting there.  If you don’t draft Quinnen, there is Oliver, Wilkins and Simmons all right there with Quinnen.  If you don’t get Bosa or Allen, you have Sweat and Burns.   There isn’t much, if any real separation, between these guys.  Trading UP into the top 3 for any of them is foolish IMO.   

Right.  So if someone is not trading up for a qb, jets could well be deciding between allen and taylor IMO.  

Josh Allen. 

All this team needs is an edge pressure guy. This guy is edge pressure guy+. Bosa is great in a nickel and this is a close decision, but a Williams + Allen + Mosely + Adams defense > Williams + Bosa +Mosely + Adams 

13 hours ago, k-met57 said:

i would take Bosa because he seems safer.

BTW everyone i spoke to who "doesnt like Allen" only has 1 concern....that his college game isnt going to translate to the pros. His natural pass rush skills just arent as impressive as his 17 sacks.

college sacks are a bit overrated IMO. there’s a higher correlation between TFL production and NFL success than there is with sacks