Dakota to the Vikes

IndianaJet

12 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

There's nothing wrong with the way Cimini described Dozier, as a "versatile backup," but the cynic in me often sees our players glorified after they leave.  It would be interesting to see if he was described similarly had a re-signed with the Jets.  Guys like Manish, etc. might tend to say, "Career backup Dakota Dozier is back with the Jets.  The 2014 draftee has never quite found a spot on the Jets offensive line despite the Jets continued search for upgrades and dependable starters there."

Also, Cimini spelled his name wrong.

28 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

yeah there's definitely going to be a push to trade back and get more picks for the OL.  

There will be a C better than Harrison available in the 3rd round.

Pro Bowl?  I don't know, but better than Harrison.  

Just now, varjet said:

There will be a C better than Harrison available in the 3rd round.

Pro Bowl?  I don't know, but better than Harrison.  

i really wouldn't be surprised if mccagnan has multiple teams wanting the 3 spot, including denver, cincy and/or the giants.  i could also see them taking a defensive player in round 1 if they trade back, where there's value, but then having more picks in rounds 2-4 to get quality OL.  

8 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Didn’t the Vikes also sign Vladimir Ducasse. They love our old cast off’s.

We have a very deep and dysfunctional relationship with the Vikings. From the Favre retirement and signing with them to Cousins to Barr to Seimien and now DOZIER! WTF?? 

30 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

We have a very deep and dysfunctional relationship with the Vikings. From the Favre retirement and signing with them to Cousins to Barr to Seimien and now DOZIER! WTF?? 

Don’t forget we signed Tom Compton from vikes this offseason also

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

i really wouldn't be surprised if mccagnan has multiple teams wanting the 3 spot, including denver, cincy and/or the giants.  i could also see them taking a defensive player in round 1 if they trade back, where there's value, but then having more picks in rounds 2-4 to get quality OL.  

there are plenty of what-if arrangements with teams... i.e.  Some may be concrete like.... if Williams is there at 3, we'll send your our #___  plus [insert additional picks here].  others may be so, if Bosa is there, we will have a very attractive deal for you. Call us.

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Idzik, making Mac look good since 2013

Good point. There's a lot more truth to your post than people realize. When you have a GM that bad, the replacement can be terrible, and only after 4 years of more BS do people finally realize they ALL suck.

Archived