McCarthy is not our head coach, but were discussing his drama anyway thread (MERGED)

funaz

On 4/4/2019 at 10:43 PM, MindOverMatter said:

Rodgers definitely had a part in this toxicity but McCarthy contributed to it with his ineptitude.

Sure. He more than likely had his own part in the breakdown.  But there is usually a source for where things go awry.  A starting spot things can be backed up to when you're trying to figure out where it all went off the rails.  If Rodgers held that grudge even when McCarthy became his coach, that's poisonous.  

I've never liked Rodgers. It's not his play on the field. He just comes across like a complete Arsehole. 

No doubt, the Jets investigated the candidates behind the scenes and contacted people who have worked with and knew the candidates. I would like to think that is why they never seemed to be too hot on McCarthy. While many of us scratched our heads and wondered what they were thinking, I am guessing they knew things that are only now beginning to surface. Dare I say the Jets did a good job in this coaching search? I am beginning to think so, but let's see how it goes.

3 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol it just funny how no one ever admits they where wrong around here .. just like dudes on the fan that were hyping him as must have coach for the jets . 

I never wanted McCarthy but I did favor Rhule over Gase. In retrospect though I think the head coaching experience and being secure enough to let Williams coach defense makes me think the choice is right. No one on the Jets asked for my opinion though so what difference does it make?  I’m not here to prove how right I am I just want to see the jets win!

On 4/5/2019 at 11:53 AM, Jet Nut said:

How doesnt it?

to me after reading the article it makes the qb look like the ass in the relationship. You could call the coach complacent or even lazy as he checked out but  really if you read the article it makes it look like the ass is Arron, the Coach checked out after the qb decided he was going in his own direction, changing plays freezing and calling out young receivers ect....

That is on AR not the coach the staff never reigned in Ar and he went wild.

No sh*t.....could you imagine if we had hired him, the staff is in place, etc, and this stuff came out now?

Some of this speculation was already known to the Jets. Whom ever it was, did a good job of smearing him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if you guys have been following any of the drama but basically Aaron Rodger hated him from day one and it only got worse, as bleacher report said. As a coach he had lowest football IQ of any coach Rodgers has ever had. Now I have nonidea how smart his other coaches are but yeah I'm pretty sure the QB talent wasn't the problem.

I am so glad we didn't listen to these McCarthy fanboys that made every excuse and rationalization to try to say we should sign him

https://bleacherreport.com/reaction-to-packers-drama

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

Sorry guys wish I could figure out hwonto copy paste story on my phone but it doesn't work. Check out the second link for full story

Aaron Rodgers is LeBron James without the rings.  He is a bigger than the team,"Me first brat", who will gladly sink the ship to win his "point". Takes his "coach on the field" role too seriously.  Where is his Tyronn Lue?

Mike McCarthy may very well be a has been who the game has passed by, but is a more sympathetic character in this scenario.  Plenty of blame to go around.

The Jets made the right choice selecting Adam Gase, and I for one, am glad this "cloud of controversy" isn't hanging over Florham Park or Sam Darnold.

49 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Aaron Rodgers is LeBron James without the rings.  He is a bigger than the team,"Me first brat", who will gladly sink the ship to win his "point". Takes his "coach on the field" role too seriously.  Where is his Tyronn Lue?

Mike McCarthy may very well be a has been who the game has passed by, but is a more sympathetic character in this scenario.  Plenty of blame to go around.

The Jets made the right choice selecting Adam Gase, and I for one, am glad this "cloud of controversy" isn't hanging over Florham Park or Sam Darnold.

See this is always been my big issue with the story on McCarthy being somekind of good coach that just the game passes him or evolved. 

He had loaded team with weapons and they won despite his poor coaching because they were loaded with Aaron Rodger.

He was never good. When they weren't overloaded with talent and just had the best QB and not the best QB with stupid weapons everywhere to just like a couple good weapons that any decent coach should be able to make a deep run with, a great coach by the way wins a couple SB and is in the hunt every year. Our good ol boy McCarty can't even get in the playoff with Rodger plus some weapon. 

We dodged a bullet and anyone that think McCarthy was a good coach is niave at best.

Also I would give every first rounder we have for 5 years for Rodgers. Boom

Doged a bullet by not hiring McCarthy.

Rogers is becoming a bigger diva than Favre.

GB’s GM already told Rogers “don’t be the problem...” after being told (not asked) that the Packers new coach was LaFleur, and Rogers gave a long pause on the phone.

On 4/6/2019 at 3:28 AM, GreenFish said:

This article is way too long. I got through half of it before thinking this is some HS crap. Both contributed to what seems like a toxic situation.

I didn’t want McCarthy. Thought he would be a bad hire for some of the reasons highlighted in the article. The guy failed to adapt. Imagine being a player and hating so much the plays being called that you call your own play in the huddle? Dang. 

I didn’t consider Gase during the interview process. When we hired him, I was like this is so random. Wanted Monken to be honest.  But contrast Gase’s relationship with Manning to McCarthy/Rodgers. Completely different. How do you not create a system that allows Rodgers to be creative? McCarthy comes off hard headed. 

This... I wanted McCarthy and this article just seems like airing dirty laundry and playing the blame game BUT...

If Jets management got a whiff of any of this its clear why they went in another direction. It would make sense to avoid a guy that had a toxic relationship with a qb when they can get a guy who had a former qb calling to advocate for him. It they were kind of even, this would make me lean towards Gase. The whole search was primarily about Sam so something like this and a good video call with Gase and Sam might have sealed the deal. 

I think a big takeaway from the article was the part about how they didnt need rogers leadership the first few years as there were solid veterans there to lead - they just needed him to play well.

I think there is a lot of similarity to our situation here (not in personality as Sam is totally different and not a personality risk at all).  Sam isn't ready to be the vocal leader of a team at this point, hes too young and inexperienced, and we need to him to concentrate on improving as a QB on the field.  

To that end, it makes sense why we "overpaid" for Mosley and why Im very happy to have Osemele here (aside from his talent).  These guys are veterans who will police the locker room and take care of leading the team with Adams  for the next 3 years, while sam can concentrate on being the best player he can be.

Then when he is getting paid, and we can't afford the CJ Mosleys, Sam will be more of a leader.

I wanted McCarthy but I'm glad the Jets hired Adam Gase. With that said, I don't put any stock into the Mike McCarthy smear campaign which is being spearheaded by the Aaron Rodgers camp. I firmly believe Aaron Rodgers is narcissistic and someone who despite being extremely talented is a selfish player, a poor leader, and I feel he didn't take enough responsibility for his play when the Packers lost. I've said before Rodgers is like the Kobe Bryant of QB's.

Again, I'm pleased that the Jets hired Adam Gase. Can you imagine this report coming out while McCarthy is the head coach of the Jets? I'm so glad that didn't happen. I now believe McCarthy needed to sit out a year after that bad split with Green Bay...let the dust settle so to speak, and go back for the perfect job: Minnesota. 

On 4/6/2019 at 7:21 AM, Scoop24 said:

Lol it just funny how no one ever admits they where wrong around here .. just like dudes on the fan that were hyping him as must have coach for the jets . 

I wanted him to be hired, not afraid to say so. He was an experienced head coach who worked extensively and exclusively as an Offensive mind with a track record of working with QBs. After 20 years of first timer HCs from The Defense side of the room, he fit the bill. I didn't even care about the standard WCO he runs, because at least its a coherent Offense. 

Also, with guys like Matt Rhule, KK, and Eric Bienimy in the running, I wanted the guy who'd been there, done that. 

I do believe there is a huge disconnect between Rodgers and MM, but I also understand that both guys are stubborn a holes (and Rodgers may be an egomaniac douche). I also think the narrative that MM was blowing off his own meetings for massages is absurd, ridiculous, and its very topical nature indicates a low blow. No pun intended.

And after all of that being said, during the process I never assumed Gase would be in the mix, and I think we may have lucked into the perfect guy at the perfect time. 

So, yeah, I was wrong but for the right reasons, and we got the younger, hungrier, EXPERIENCED Offensive mind at HC that this team has been desperate for. 

Archived