Best photos of new unis

nico002

Just now, Butterfield said:

You should learn to speak for yourself.  It does matter to some people.  Maybe just not you.  I have already stated that multiple times.  Why do you think I need to agree with you?

Myself?

How many are complaining that the green of the reflective helmet isnt the same exact hue as the jersey?

That would be you and no one else. 

I keep saying its not important, they dont have to match perfectly.  I could care less if you agree or not.  Its not important. 

So maybe you should take your own advise.  

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Myself?

How many are complaining that the green of the reflective helmet isnt the same exact hue as the jersey?

I keep saying its not important, they dont have to match perfectly.  I could care less if you agree or not.  Its not important. 

The term you are looking for is couldn’t care less.  Could care less means the opposite.  No wonder you don’t mind the jets lack of detail.

Just now, Butterfield said:

The term you are looking for is couldn’t care less.  Could care less means the opposite.  No wonder you don’t mind the jets lack of detail as well.

youre one of those.  

Bye.

If you had to describe the new uniforms in one word , what would it be? 

Mine is -TENTATIVE 

like, they wanted to make a splash, and had a design, but then lost their nerve and backed off and erased half of it. It feels unfinished 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Myself?

Don’t bother, man. Losing battle.

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

They might have tried to do that - make the jersey a little more emerald. At least they moved away from the DRAB green which blended into the field and you couldn’t see who was player and what was grass. And it really dies in the stands. But couldn’t they then make the socks the same color? (The color is not “buffed out” to a gloss like paint on a cabinet, it’s what it is)  

The helmets with the dumb logo are and always will be a problem; bringing the lettering out of the logo doesn’t really help the case  

And at least the numbers are finally outlined with a third color, this modernizes it a lot. 

Surprised all the talk is about the colors and nothing about the design, swooshes etc

- why are there elastic sleeves and non elastic (Darnold) ones. 

The Giants blue helmet matches their uniform blue exactly 

No they don’t. The helmet changes color (deepens or lightens) depending on the light. They are close, but they are as off as the new Jet uni’s.

3B22CE16-6266-47E1-9269-746215FEA4F5.jpeg

6DCD0502-291B-4D01-9ACC-1C98C91A2E7B.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yup... @Butterfield is headed towards an emotional breakdown today.  LOL.  

p.s.  the new green helmet color is outstanding and no... it doesn't need to clone the jersey shade of green. 

I agree, the color of the helmet is great.  It just doesn’t match the uniforms.  Then again, the logo doesn’t match the angular elements of the uniform either.  Its like they designed the two elements separately and slapped them together.  Perfect for the jets. Unorganized, mismatching and lack of detail.

13 minutes ago, the Claw said:

No they don’t. The helmet changes color (deepens or lightens) depending on the light. They are close, but they are as off as the new Jet uni’s.

3B22CE16-6266-47E1-9269-746215FEA4F5.jpeg

6DCD0502-291B-4D01-9ACC-1C98C91A2E7B.jpeg

These discerning eyes disagree.  For the giants, the shade changes, for the jets it is the hue that is off.

As expected, the new unis are growing on me.  The professional  photos make a big difference.   

I'll be purchasing a green Darnold jersey for myself and a white one for my son.  He also wants a Leveon jersey in black.  Damn the Johnson's, they win again.  8-)

3 hours ago, Butterfield said:

I would never start following another team.  Where it has been heading is just not paying very close attention and spending my time doing more productive things.  

Hmmmm...........  I'm not sure "productive" means what you think it means...

3 hours ago, Xtina said:

They might have tried to do that - make the jersey a little more emerald. At least they moved away from the DRAB green which blended into the field and you couldn’t see who was player and what was grass. And it really dies in the stands. But couldn’t they then make the socks the same color? (The color is not “buffed out” to a gloss like paint on a cabinet, it’s what it is)  

The helmets with the dumb logo are and always will be a problem; bringing the lettering out of the logo doesn’t really help the case  

And at least the numbers are finally outlined with a third color, this modernizes it a lot. 

Surprised all the talk is about the colors and nothing about the design, swooshes etc

- why are there elastic sleeves and non elastic (Darnold) ones. 

The Giants blue helmet matches their uniform blue exactly 

Some players, like lineman, like the elastic sleeves it keeps the jersey snug & tight fitting making it more difficult for the opponent to grab & hold onto... a QB would prefer a non-elastic sleeve so not to feel constricted & hinder their throwing motion.

35 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

The original version of the leaked photo really makes me appreciate what a freak Q is. I realize he is obviously trying to flex a lot harder than the rest, but just look at that group. Who would you think is the TE?

new-york-jets-new-uniforms_pg_600 (1).jpg

muscle mass on a WR means Absolutely ZERO.

3 hours ago, Xtina said:

If you had to describe the new uniforms in one word , what would it be? 

Mine is -TENTATIVE 

like, they wanted to make a splash, and had a design, but then lost their nerve and backed off and erased half of it. It feels unfinished 

To me, it's minimalist.  Especially with the helmet logo as compared to the past.  I like it but it will take time to grow on me.  The lines of the uniform have finally come into the modern era.  They're no longer stripes.  The Jets had "stripes" on their helmet and some uniforms, but now they've transitioned to lines with more flow and obviously they take a queue from Nike's swoosh.  Curved triangular lines are better than stripes and they connote movement, flow and speed.

The biggest gripe with the uniforms seems to be the colors, or specifically that the helmet seems like a different color than the jerseys/pants.  I think it's more of a shine/gloss thing than really a color thing.  Nike helped define a new color through this endeavor, Gotham Green.  I think that's pretty cool and I dig it.  If the helmets were done in more of a matte or satin type finish instead of gloss that may have appeased some fans who don't like it but I also think it would have turned some fans off.  I'm thinking I'm in the minority here but I really dig that the helmet color seems different than the uniform.  It's almost like the Jets are saying, "We own green.  All of them!"

2 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I think excessive muscle mass on a WR is a negative.  Look at the performance of David Boston.  Remains to be seen whether DK Metcalf is another one of those.

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

I agree, the color of the helmet is great.  It just doesn’t match the uniforms.  Then again, the logo doesn’t match the angular elements of the uniform either.  Its like they designed the two elements separately and slapped them together.  Perfect for the jets. Unorganized, mismatching and lack of detail.

You seem to have a stubbornly negative opinion of this franchise. I would suggest that you take your overly-stated position and go to another topic cause you've done everything you can to sabotage any productive discussion on this one.

15 hours ago, ryu79 said:

They are fine. In fact, I'll go out on a limb and say it - I like the white jersey!

I actually like the white jersey the best too.

The black is ok.

The green isnt very good IMO.

33 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Some players, like lineman, like the elastic sleeves it keeps the jersey snug & tight fitting making it more difficult for the opponent to grab & hold onto... a QB would prefer a non-elastic sleeve so not to feel constricted & hinder their throwing motion.

I remember K O'Brien cutting his sleeves at times so that they were flapping around.  Personal taste

When I say minimalist I'm thinking of flatter, less busy design concepts.  Apple with Jonny Ive started transitioning to this around 2015.  Here's a comparison of what iOS looked like from iOS 5 to iOS 12.

It may seem subtle but notice the disappearance of shadows behind icons.  Notice how the complication has been reduced in an icon like the calendar.  The design became flatter (ex. no more Jets logo over the NY) and more straight to the point.  I think, to a degree, this is where the Jets went with the logo, the removal of stripes on the helmet and more specifically, the use of only one line rather than double lines in areas where they have a color sweep.

Even look at the depth and richness of the text that used to be used in iOS.  Much cleaner and to-the-point now.

2d9cc30ec5db14d73c1eeb3385043eee.jpg.5e6e606a3460fd114257b51046fc5bae.jpg

Reset-iOS-home-screen-layout.thumb.png.3ad1798ab595bba49820b836451b80c8.png

OLD - Just go across the shoulders here....White, Green, White, Green, White, Green, White (7), the front logo patch on the jersey, double stripes on the helmet.

NEW - Darnold below....on the shoulders Green, White, Green, White, Green (5), no front logo patch, no helmet stripes.

crop_exact_hi-res-f25e0a078b5ca9e9082a07d22e6efbb6_crop_exact.jpg.a7dcfbd8d6a2fcbaf9bc32b019ae3410.jpg

jjpxpeerjtruoczvxvxf.jpg.gif.fa877c425eb1b39a559c5f07dcba0462.gif

Maybe @SAR I can compare the evolution of late 1980's BMWs to today's design. :D

38 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I'm talking about his size and strength relative to the speed and agility he has. Specifically, how rare and dangerous the combination of those traits are. We have a WR that is built like a TE. A WR with the size and strength to excel in downfield run blocking and out muscle DBs trying to cover and tackle him. You can believe that means zero but I disagree. 

Archived