Poll: 2018 Uniforms vs 2019 Uniforms

Mike135

Poll: 2018 Uniforms vs 2019 Uniforms  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

I’m a Jets fan. If you would have asked me four months ago what I thought about the uniforms last year, I would have said I hate them. Now that they are gone, I love them and can’t believe we got rid of them. Freaking BS. 

Joking aside. I like the new uniforms. The last ones were better and probably the best. Second place for me would be the Titans blue and gold. 

I liked the old unis, but I think Nike was slowly ruining them with weird, non-matching shades of green and odd points invading the different-colored sleeves.  Besides, it was time for a new look to go into the future with, and these new ones are pretty nice.

Pains me to say it, as I wanted new uniforms, but the 2018 uniforms were much better. Tweaks to the old uniform that could have made it even better:

- swap out the hunter green for the original Kelly Green

- change the oval to back to the football shape and place it at a slight angle like the originals

- get rid of the "NY" and mini football and put in the 80s wordmark in the green "football" to incorporate the "jet imagery" and to create an "amalgam" between generations, since they seem to want to do that.

I'll be in the minority. I like the new uniforms. I'm a big fan of the new green color. It has been 20 years since Parcels made the change.  It is about time for the change for the Darnold era.

18 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

2019 honestly

Our “old” uniforms were never really the same anyway once Nike got their hands on them and incorporated 3 different shades of green into the f*cking things. 

The "old" uniforms under Nike had an awful green color.  It was drab, dirt color green. I always believed the team should move to an emerald green (I didn't think Kelly green looks good in pro sports)

9 minutes ago, SMC said:

The "old" uniforms under Nike had an awful green color.  It was drab, dirt color green. I always believed the team should move to an emerald green (I didn't think Kelly green looks good in pro sports)

Nike did a bunch of stupid crap with the old uniforms. Including those sh*tty stomach pouches for a couple of years.

Even the “Color Rush” unis retained the hunter green stripe in the middle of the shoulder and pant leg, which looked totally out of place.

sports-ugliest-uniforms-jets-bills-nfl-c

At least the new unis are a uniform, single shade of green.

I HATE the old logo.  I dislike the new one because its so lame and if they were going to bother with new uniforms they could have at least put some effort into the most iconic part of a uniform.  I don't mind the new uniforms other than the logo.

The Jets finally have a modern uniform. The haters have an agenda. The Parcels uniform had run its course after 20 years.

It's a nice, clean look.  It's good that they have a black alternative rather than that being part of the main uniform.

2019 hands down.  Grew up in the 80s, loved the green helm.  hated when we changed back to the 60s design.  unlike a LOT of the whiners on this forum, when we changed in '98, I didn't like it, but it was my team, and it grew on me.  bought many jerseys (I did like the jerseys BTW was really the white helmet that bothered me most).

also, all Jets merchandise I buy is black.  I know I'm in the vast minority on these forums, but hey it's my personal preference.  So, green helmet, black alts, black facemask, black outlines?  check.  logo, new york on chest?  whatever.  small things.  so overall, very happy.

8 hours ago, Untouchable said:

2019 honestly

Our “old” uniforms were never really the same anyway once Nike got their hands on them and incorporated 3 different shades of green into the f*cking things. 

This is it. If they made the old uniforms with the new white, and green I'd like them too. 

I'm not in to 3 shades of army green. 

If it were up to me I'd lose the little football and put in a jet swoosh but that's my only real complaint. 

I want to see the new uniform in sunlight. 

Archived