ESPN Poll on uniforms has surprising results

jetstream23

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Given that the majority of fans and ESPN.com visitors are probably NOT Jets fans I found it surprising that 68% were positive on the uniforms.

3908C68B-F1F1-4A62-A62B-537FA958F8C6.thumb.jpeg.fdb5fe1dec71f6eb17ba67eba0311c1e.jpeg

729FE99B-59A7-4035-90B6-3BA6E51F53D1.thumb.jpeg.5e4683666f49b880fcbdefa061f42b56.jpeg

If they had a category:  Available at your local Goodwill Store - I would have voted.

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Given that the majority of fans and ESPN.com visitors are probably NOT Jets fans I found it surprising that 68% were positive on the uniforms.

3908C68B-F1F1-4A62-A62B-537FA958F8C6.thumb.jpeg.fdb5fe1dec71f6eb17ba67eba0311c1e.jpeg

729FE99B-59A7-4035-90B6-3BA6E51F53D1.thumb.jpeg.5e4683666f49b880fcbdefa061f42b56.jpeg

Terribly designed poll. Theres no legitimate option between not too shabby and horrible at best, leaving most of the underwhelmed folks voting not too shabby 

3 hours ago, Nick Blitz said:

Design is so subjective it was always going to be a controversial move, I really like them myself but I get that they're not everyones cup of tea.

100% the right perspective.

Horrible at best is harsh and different color combos? 

If it was more like.... Missed the mark.... and butt fumble you might see different results 

Probably by the time preseason game 3 gets here I will love them lol

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Terribly designed poll. Theres no legitimate option between not too shabby and horrible at best, leaving most of the underwhelmed folks voting not too shabby 

What’s worse, the poll, or categorizing a response that begins with “Ehh” into “positive?”

2 hours ago, CTM said:

It reads like the polls around here.

How would you rate Mike Maccagnan’s performance as Jets GM?

• He’s doing an amazing job
  • He’s doing an awesome job
  • He’s doing a great job
  • He’s doing a good job
  • We don’t have enough information yet

There should have been a "Meh" option in this 7th grade-level poll designed for ESPN's primary target audience.  I'd have gone with that as my choice. 

This poll does not at all signify that 68 % of fans are positive on the Jets uniforms.  But really who cares. 

This board is never a good place to gauge general public perception. It's filled with trolls/people who have a full-time job impersonating miserable lunatics. The usual suspects are always the loudest. 

The reality is that the jerseys are fairly swaggy and the green on the helmet is actually an awesome color that tends to "pop." 

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

What I find strange is that the helmet logo has been looked at positively by non-Jets fans.

But my amateur poll of Jets fans I’ve seen this morning has been really positive. 

I actually don’t mind the type solution for the logo. The football clip-art is stupid. It was stupid in the old logo, and it’s more stupid now. Apparently a lot of the fro-mags here like clip-art though.

JETS on the side of the helmet is cool enough, better than a horrid jet plane clip-art. Unless they invest in a truly well designed logo, I’d rather they solve design problems with type, as any decent designer should be able to do.

3 hours ago, CTM said:

Apropos for these uniforms.

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

I dunno, most fans of other teams i know, were sending me texts saying they were laughing at them they were so bad.  

Id be fine with them if the greens matched.  The fact that they clash is pretty sad.

Wow. Day two of the non matching green helmet thing huh?  lol

I feel for ya man.  It sucks to hate it that much.  I thought a nice restful night would help settle that one for you.

Did it bother you this much when the helmet was slightly different in the 90's too? 

GettyImages-242391.0-Al_Bello__All.0.thumb.jpg.d8c12d8d9b2c6a30c6cb783ff2ebfa47.jpg

22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I actually don’t mind the type solution for the logo. The football clip-art is stupid. It was stupid in the old logo, and it’s more stupid now. Apparently a lot of the fro-mags here like clip-art though.

JETS on the side of the helmet is cool enough, better than a horrid jet plane clip-art. Unless they invest in a truly well designed logo, I’d rather they solve design problems with type, as any decent designer should be able to do.

I think what bothers me most is how large and prominent it's become. It now 2-3x the size if the old football, sits center stage and is higher in the z index than Yets  (not that it would look better with it sitting under the type), The focal point of the 5 year and millions of dollars in the making new helmet is a 10 cent piece of clip art. Cool

I actually think it's amusing because it's something just about anyone could come up regardless of any design skills, and I do believe anyone with a modicum of ability could've done a better job. 

image.png.8cdee0f61523256a8d24c5a4a98c5c35.png

Still recovering from that disgrace of a presentation last night, a total embarrassment save the actual players and uni's themselves which I kind of like. When you look at the helmets head on, especially in the black uni's, it shows toughness. I like that. We have been marshmallows forever, its time to kick someone's rear end.

I think Sam said it best. Win and the Uni's will look great, go 5-11 again and they will look ridiculous.

Its that simple

7 hours ago, Nick Blitz said:

Design is so subjective it was always going to be a controversial move, I really like them myself but I get that they're not everyones cup of tea.

I like them too and even the helmet is starting to grow on me.

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Interest to note that this is a higher number than almost our own fan base and that the number of folks who actually like the uniforms and hence the rebranding is probably higher because rival fans of the Jets like the Dolphins and Patriots will look to vote the uniforms down!!

And these rival fans are far more likely to vote than say a Charger would be. 

unlike most people I like the colour of the helmet though the logo is meh,

I do not like the darts on the shoulders of the unis other than that they are fine.

I don't mind the black 3rd jerseys as long as they do not come out that often.

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I was at the event, the new uniforms are nice particularly the helmet. 

You can’t please everyone and the people that don’t like them will make the loudest noise. 

Thank you for going and supporting the team!!

Archived