D. Lawrence Re-Signed by Cowboys

choon328

11 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

huh?

like 2 weeks ago he had a cryptic tweet that said something like...stay tuned... and then the rumors were all over twitter that the cowboys were trading Lawrence to the jets.

keep up will ya? ?

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

There goes any trade ideas for him. Next year they have to pay Dak, Cooper and Byron Jones. Zeke the year after. 

Paying Dak big time QB money could get tricky unless he really steps it up this year. He really isn't worth what they'll have to pay him.

Has anyone seen details on the structure? I wonder if they were able to back load it with all the huge contracts they have coming up. Zeke I'd assume will want to top Gurley. Dak, to me, isnt a top QB (arguably MAYBE top half) but it seems like a rule that every new starting QB contract needs to be close to the highest in the league regardless of talent. If they dont resign Cooper they admit that not only did they over pay but also pissed away a 1st for no reason. I know Sean Lee will be gone, if he isnt already, but idk where they are getting this money from unless they dismantle their allstar Oline. 

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

Dak, to me, isnt a top QB (arguably MAYBE top half) but it seems like a rule that every new starting QB contract needs to be close to the highest in the league regardless of talent. 

That's the incredibly disproportionate impact of having at least a mildly competent QB

Dak has only been in the league 3 years. He's put up really solid numbers thru his first three years. He's going to get a huge contract based on the fact that he's so young and has had a ton of success

Screenshot_20190405-231939.png

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Dak has only been in the league 3 years. He's put up really solid numbers thru his first three years. He's going to get a huge contract based on the fact that he's so young and has had a ton of success

Screenshot_20190405-231939.png

And yet everyone says its a prove me year for Dak.  

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And yet everyone says its a prove me year for Dak.  

He adds 6 tds rushing every year too. He doesn't put up huge stats bc they're a run first team but he's consistent. The Cowboys would be crazy to let him go.

8 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol I’m all for taking Byron jones off there hands next year 

Yep. As we stand we’ll have about $60 million next year, I wouldn’t mind throwing some money at Jones and Cooper and asking Dallas to pick which one they’re gonna let us sign.

Archived