Anyone hear or see Sam's Interview on the Kay show yeserday?

ASH1962

23 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

First of all, please don't say how much you hate the Michael Kay show, this thread is not about that and nobody cares. The purpose of this is to report that Sam will be on the Kay show every week starting after PS waste of time #4. He said he looks forward to doing it because the media is the players "conduit" to the fans, and looks forward to telling us fans how they prepare and deal with game day and other situations. Second and most importantly, I cannot tell you how impressed with this young man I am, in virtually every possible way. He is humble, he is genuine, he is 100% about football & winning, and unlike the majority of the overpaid, self entitled crybaby athletes of today, he CLEARLY gets it. When asked if the combine last year, draft process including endless interviews and all of the crap he went through last season was getting tiring, he said he is "living his dream". He even had nothing but positive things to say when asked about Coach Bowles and his regime which I found to be amazing. I have zero doubt that Sam will become an absolutely iconic figure in NY History, and in NY Jets history. I believe in my heart of hearts that one day really soon, #14 will sit next to #12 as a Champion.

I cannot recall being as excited and positive about not only the upcoming football season, but the future of this franchise as I am now.

GD Ash, what an excellent post! I can't agree more, but honestly I was afraid to say that for fear of embarrassing myself someday. 

My only reservation in particular about him being a champion someday is the front office. Just because Mac selected Sammy, it doesn't necessarily make him a good GM. It just happens to be one of the few times Mac got it right.

Archived