Villain's Final 2019 Mock Draft. W/trades. R 1-4

Trading out of the #3 spot with the Giants for their 6th pick and their 2nd round pick. Trade down from the #6 spot with the Falcons for their 14th pick and their 2nd round pick. 

Round 1. OT Andre Dillard: Washington St. I still believe that he's the best pass protecting tackle in the draft, I also believe that the turn of this Jets organization is to not just draft a QB, but protect him with young players that he can grow with. Dillard will be Sams blindside protector for the next decade+

Round 2. C Garrett Bradbury: N.C. State. I follow up drafting the best OT in the draft IMO with drafting the best Center in the draft IMO. In terms of protection, we've made a MAJOR upgrade to the Oline for both Darnold and the running game. It's finally done and these clear needs will not be so pressing in the future. Not sexy picks but very necessary. Protect the franchise, and I've done that with the first two picks premium talent. 

Round 2. Free Safety Nasir Adderley: Delaware. I am a huge Juan Thornhill fan, but I dont believe that he'll be around by the mid round and a very close 2nd to Thornhill is Delaware's Adderley. This is a "true" FS that can roam the backfield and has solid hands to create turnovers as well as enough pop to hit defenders and create incomplete passes. 

Round 3. DE/EDGE Ben Banogu: TCU. Respectable production and is a sleeper at EDGE in this draft. Had 18 tackles for loss and 8.5 sacks during his final season. Two things that stands out with Banogu is his athleticism and explosiveness. To take a moment and compare with projected top-5 talent Josh Allen

Speed/athleticism

40 yard dash: Allen 4.63/ Banogu 4.58

3 cone: Allen 7.15/ Banogu 7.02

Explosiveness 

Broad Jump: Allen 9.10/ Banogu 11.2 (A combine record for Dlinemen. Elite explosion)

Vertical: Allen DNP/ Banogu 40 inch vert. (Also best for Dlinemen)

There is a reason why Banogu is a 3rd rounder. He's 12lbs lighter than a guy like Josh Allen and he's suspect in the running game, probably because of his size. What he lacks there he does make up in pressure and a high motor. He's also a very patient player, meaning that he also will allow a play to reveal itself and then be there to make the stop. So Jet sweeps, options and reverses tend not to fake out Banogu, very discipline. From what I've also seen, he does play better standing up than with his hand in the dirt. 

Round 3. WR Andy Isabella: UMass. Highly productive for a 5-8 WR. Dont let his size fool you as just some generic slot receiver. He has great hands, track speed and ball tracking ability. Caught over 100 passes, 1,700 yards and 14 TD's playing on the outside. Was also a Biletnikoff finalist for best receiver in the nation. #WayneChrebet2.0

Round 4. CB Essang Bassey: Wake Forest. Im just going to say it. IMO Dude is one of the best CB's in the draft. I wont even call him "a sleeper", I'll just call it "complete disrespect". Dude is a ball hawking Corner with great technique. Aggressive but not wreckless, and I would love to see him added to a young secondary with Adams, Adderley, Maye and Nickerson. Also, if all works out well, we should be able to move on from Trumaine Johnson and be set with Nickerson and Bassey in 2020 

That's my draft. Lets see what it looks like in 3 years. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, RobR said:

Not a big fan but I do like how you address the offensive line. Like the Dillard pick at 14 but I think Bradberry is being overrated. Like Banogu in the third but how can you draft another 2nd round safety? I also don't see how Isabella fits in this lineup considering we just paid Crowder. This team needs a big body not another slot.

Marcus Maye cant seem to stay healthy and Adderley looks to me like a true free safety with some coverage ability. Adderley makes the back end better than what it is. We move Adams all over the place. When he's playing LB or CB then we have another valued S on the field. When we play team like the Ravens and we have to worry about triple options and the possibility of the QB running, now we'll have enough DB's to defend while removing a LB. In today's league, you can never have too many defensive backs. 

Isabella isnt a slot receiver, so you dont need to worry about what we paid Crowder. I even mentioned that in my post. Also, we have an offensive minded head coach. It's his job to utilize traits and abilities. A guy like Isabella probably wont have the best of luck getting jammed at the line, but you can utilize him in ways to get him open, just like how KC does with 5'10 Tyreek Hill. 

You can utilize bunch formation which will keep him from being jammed. You can use motion to keep him from being jammed and get an idea of what the defense is showing. 

The team doesnt need a big body. They need a playmaker. Tyreek Hill is 5-10 and plays as big as any big man in the league. 

Im looking for weapons. You have Anderson and Isabella on the outside with Crowder and Enunwa inside with Herndon on the seam. That's a problem all day long. And that's not even taking into account the fact that Bell will almost never see 8 in the box with all that speed on the field and reliable hands on the field. 

Biggest gripe would be what you are getting in return for moving down because you are getting raped on every trade. From 3 to 6 for only a second is bad, going from 6 to 14 for only a second is even worse. 

Mentioning extra picks in future drafts is irrelevant to the mock. The purpose was to show you the picks that im working with in this mock. Besides, getting these players and satisfying numerous needs with highly productive young talent isnt rape, but a win in my book. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, cant wait said:

I like what you’re thinking but I can’t pass up one of the pass rushers at 6. I’d take oliver there and another OL later like greg little in the 3rd

Sam Darnold is too important for me to sit and wait until the 3rd round for a day 2/day 3 talent. 

I would get him the best OT and C talent possible, be criticized for it immediately after, but be thanked for it over the next decade. 

There's always a sexy pass rusher or cornerback. All I care about at this moment is making sure that we protect Sam and that we can score points. 

Im willing to pass on the pass rushers because I dont believe that they're the next Khalil Mack or Lawrence Taylor. And if you're not that, then it would be irresponsible for me not to take care of Sam Darnold first. 

If we get the Oline solid then it's a boost to every other part of the offense. That's how important the oline is. 

I'd be content with Banogu at edge and the possibility that we may be able to finally field a top 10 offense again. 

Scoring points is more important than any thing else you can do in the game of football. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Marcus Maye cant seem to stay healthy and Adderley looks to me like a true free safety with some coverage ability. Adderley makes the back end better than what it is. We move Adams all over the place. When he's playing LB or CB then we have another valued S on the field. When we play team like the Ravens and we have to worry about triple options and the possibility of the QB running, now we'll have enough DB's to defend while removing a LB. In today's league, you can never have too many defensive backs. 

Isabella isnt a slot receiver, so you dont need to worry about what we paid Crowder. I even mentioned that in my post. Also, we have an offensive minded head coach. It's his job to utilize traits and abilities. A guy like Isabella probably wont have the best of luck getting jammed at the line, but you can utilize him in ways to get him open, just like how KC does with 5'10 Tyreek Hill. 

You can utilize bunch formation which will keep him from being jammed. You can use motion to keep him from being jammed and get an idea of what the defense is showing. 

The team doesnt need a big body. They need a playmaker. Tyreek Hill is 5-10 and plays as big as any big man in the league. 

Im looking for weapons. You have Anderson and Isabella on the outside with Crowder and Enunwa inside with Herndon on the seam. That's a problem all day long. And that's not even taking into account the fact that Bell will almost never see 8 in the box with all that speed on the field and reliable hands on the field. 

Mentioning extra picks in future drafts is irrelevant to the mock. The purpose was to show you the picks that im working with in this mock. Besides, getting these players and satisfying numerous needs with highly productive young talent isnt rape, but a win in my book. 

When it comes to taking a safety yet again with a second round pick it will not happen and shouldn't happen. I'm also not a big fan of Adderley. Since you addressed Oline in your mock I can understand your reasoning...it's just something I wouldn't do nor do I think the Jets will.

I have no qualms as it relates to smaller receivers playing on the outside but I don't see Isabella playing nothing but inside. I took a lot of flak for saying a guy like Cooks would be playing outside and now four years down the road he has dispelled those myths. I also disagree about not needing a big body at WR, especially in this draft.

Leaving out future considerations automatically makes this draft or trades unrealistic. You listed your trades and never made mention of possible picks in the future which leads me too believe you weren't planning on them.

Overall I like the effort put forth, just don't agree with the direction and most of the picks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Sam Darnold is too important for me to sit and wait until the 3rd round for a day 2/day 3 talent. 

I would get him the best OT and C talent possible, be criticized for it immediately after, but be thanked for it over the next decade. 

There's always a sexy pass rusher or cornerback. All I care about at this moment is making sure that we protect Sam and that we can score points. 

Im willing to pass on the pass rushers because I dont believe that they're the next Khalil Mack or Lawrence Taylor. And if you're not that, then it would be irresponsible for me not to take care of Sam Darnold first. 

If we get the Oline solid then it's a boost to every other part of the offense. That's how important the oline is. 

I'd be content with Banogu at edge and the possibility that we may be able to finally field a top 10 offense again. 

Scoring points is more important than any thing else you can do in the game of football. 

yeah I get that protecting darnold is top priority but IMO oliver or burns would be the safest pick at #6. the jets OT situation isn’t great but it’s not awful so you’re not getting the kind of upgrade there like you are with taking the C at 17. plus I’m of the mind that an elite defense helps take the heat off the young QB especially with the addition of the big time workhorse RB now. hopefully the team can lean on them to win games without asking darnold to play hero ball like it was late in the year

If the players you have mocked were not there at the time of selection, would you just go with the next best player at that position?  For example, in round 1, if Dillard is off the board and Taylor and Williams were still there do you take one of them?  In round 2, if Bradbury were off the board but McCoy or Jenkins are there, would you just take them?

I like the beginning of the draft with Dillard and Bradbury but would be a little disappointed if trading back yielded the Jets' second/third choice at those positions.

The rest of the draft is pretty solid.  Great job.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, RobR said:

When it comes to taking a safety yet again with a second round pick it will not happen and shouldn't happen. I'm also not a big fan of Adderley. Since you addressed Oline in your mock I can understand your reasoning...it's just something I wouldn't do nor do I think the Jets will.

I have no qualms as it relates to smaller receivers playing on the outside but I don't see Isabella playing nothing but inside. I took a lot of flak for saying a guy like Cooks would be playing outside and now four years down the road he has dispelled those myths. I also disagree about not needing a big body at WR, especially in this draft.

Leaving out future considerations automatically makes this draft or trades unrealistic. You listed your trades and never made mention of possible picks in the future which leads me too believe you weren't planning on them.

Overall I like the effort put forth, just don't agree with the direction and most of the picks.

I think Jets fans should be more concerned about taking a defender at #3 and having no other pick until the 3rd round.

If the Jets were able to sure up the Oline by trading down twice, and drafting arguably the best OT and C, im not going to complain about taking a highly productive Safety in the 2nd round.

Could I have went another route? Sure. But that was be best player in terms of production relative to need. We dont have a true free safety. 

Bowles/Macc drafted two hybrids, with one that's injury prone. Adderley is worth the pick. 

I do agree that the Jets wont do this, since I've been asking every season for Oline help and it hasn't happened.

I appreciate your approach and attempt to see what i was trying to do while not fully agreeing.

I'll like to see how these guys pan out over the years.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, cant wait said:

yeah I get that protecting darnold is top priority but IMO oliver or burns would be the safest pick at #6. the jets OT situation isn’t great but it’s not awful so you’re not getting the kind of upgrade there like you are with taking the C at 17. plus I’m of the mind that an elite defense helps take the heat off the young QB especially with the addition of the big time workhorse RB now. hopefully the team can lean on them to win games without asking darnold to play hero ball like it was late in the year

Leo Williams was the safest pick in the draft, and all we got is another safe defensive player.

Im not looking for safe, im looking for results.

Also, im not waiting for our OT to be a vacant black hole in order to address it. That's what we did with Ferguson, and it was wrong. We had atleast 1 or 2 opportunities to draft his replacement before he even retired. BUT, because it's offensive line and it isnt sexy, we ended up with an unreliable Clady, Beachum and our below average backup. We have an average but injury prone LT and a RT that ripped his knee up during the last game of the season. 

Sam Darnold is the franchise. Im acting as if he's the franchise. I dont care about safe defensive players. I care about keeping Dam Darnold upright, scoring touchdowns and having a bend dont break defense. 

Every single season Jets fans make up reasons not to do this, yet they fail tonsee that every single season the Oline is a problem. This should solve any issues for a couple years when we'll have to draft or pick up guards in free agency. 

Im not playing games when it comes to Sam Darnold. Someone needs to take it seriously and stop relegating this to 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, nyjbuddy said:

If the players you have mocked were not there at the time of selection, would you just go with the next best player at that position?  For example, in round 1, if Dillard is off the board and Taylor and Williams were still there do you take one of them?  In round 2, if Bradbury were off the board but McCoy or Jenkins are there, would you just take them?

I like the beginning of the draft with Dillard and Bradbury but would be a little disappointed if trading back yielded the Jets' second/third choice at those positions.

The rest of the draft is pretty solid.  Great job.

I don't know what I would do in a situation like that. I would simply have to see how the board fell to me, so i cant really answer that question.

The trade backs only showed the relevant picks required to create the mock. Whatever future picks that I could have received wasnt relevant for the purpose of showing the players that I would choose in the mock. I noticed that maybe I should have just placed the future picks given that folks are actually concerned about that, which I simply didnt expect when mocking players. 

Thanks for the love overall though. 

Other than Dillard and Banogu the rest of the draft is not pleasing.  Your eval on Isabella is way off IMO, and taking him in the 3rd is way too rich.  Adderly in the second should get Maccagnan fired on the spot when that selection is made.  

Plus, the whole multiple trade down scenario makes this extremely unlikely and more of a fantasy like feel.  

7 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Leo Williams was the safest pick in the draft, and all we got is another safe defensive player.

Im not looking for safe, im looking for results.

Also, im not waiting for our OT to be a vacant black hole in order to address it. That's what we did with Ferguson, and it was wrong. We had atleast 1 or 2 opportunities to draft his replacement before he even retired. BUT, because it's offensive line and it isnt sexy, we ended up with an unreliable Clady, Beachum and our below average backup. We have an average but injury prone LT and a RT that ripped his knee up during the last game of the season. 

Sam Darnold is the franchise. Im acting as if he's the franchise. I dont care about safe defensive players. I care about keeping Dam Darnold upright, scoring touchdowns and having a bend dont break defense. 

Every single season Jets fans make up reasons not to do this, yet they fail tonsee that every single season the Oline is a problem. This should solve any issues for a couple years when we'll have to draft or pick up guards in free agency. 

Im not playing games when it comes to Sam Darnold. Someone needs to take it seriously and stop relegating this to 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks.

that’s fair- I don’t disagree with your strategy here I just have a different assessment of these top prospects

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Other than Dillard and Banogu the rest of the draft is not pleasing.  Your eval on Isabella is way off IMO, and taking him in the 3rd is way too rich.  Adderly in the second should get Maccagnan fired on the spot when that selection is made.  

Plus, the whole multiple trade down scenario makes this extremely unlikely and more of a fantasy like feel.  

It's a mock. Literally fantasy. 

But, it's fantasy to ever expect Macc to trade down once, let alone twice, especially for the purpose of not just drafting offense, but offensive line. 

Now that I think about it, this is a stupid ass Mock. ??

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Andre Dillard has the same issues as Kelvin Beachum. Good in pass protection, weak as a run blocker. He could develop into a complete tackle. In this draft, if i'm drafting a LT in the 1st, he better be the total package. Considering we had a chance to draft an elite pass rusher.

1 hour ago, genot said:

Andre Dillard has the same issues as Kelvin Beachum. Good in pass protection, weak as a run blocker. He could develop into a complete tackle. In this draft, if i'm drafting a LT in the 1st, he better be the total package. Considering we had a chance to draft an elite pass rusher.

The pass rushers in this draft arent even "total packages". Is there a Khalil Mack, Lawrence Taylor, Aaron Donald in this draft? 

All of these dudes need some form of further development. They're rookies. Any of those guys could end up being all-pro's, but they're not heading into the draft as being "that guy" as a Khalil Mack, Jadaveon Clowney etc. 

Andre Dillard is "better than good" (better than Kelvin Beachum) when it comes to pass protection. He had a 94.0 grade in pass blocking, the best in college football. His weakness is run blocking mainly because he came from the Washington State, a football program that threw the ball on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down.

Better yet, let me make it even clearer. 

Washington's QB Gardner Minshew threw the ball 662 times last season and completed 70% of his passes. As a comparison:

OKLA's QB Kyler Murray threw the ball just 377 times. 
Other top QB's...Drew Lock: 437, Dwayne Haskins: 533, Will Grier: 397, Daniel Jones: 392. 

Washington State averaged 50 pass attempts a game, yet one of the best protected QB's in all of football was Gardner Minshew. 

If that's not a sign of a complete Tackle then I should stop making Mock Drafts right now. 

• Sympathy 1

"safe" for Oliver is quite different than "safe" for Leonard Williams.  One guy is an off the charts athlete, but other is not. 

Big fan of Banogu.  I just took him at #85 in the JN mock.  As good an edge athlete as there is this year.  I think you are overrating Isaball.  Maybe he will be decent, but he is a little guy with little hands that succeeded at a small school.   I'm not sure why nobody else mentioned it, but I am pretty sure that Bassey is going back to Wake for his senior season in 2019.  

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

"safe" for Oliver is quite different than "safe" for Leonard Williams.  One guy is an off the charts athlete, but other is not. 

Big fan of Banogu.  I just took him at #85 in the JN mock.  As good an edge athlete as there is this year. 

It is what it is with Oliver. The only guy I want to use the word safe with is Sam Darnold. Keeping Sam healthy and in the game keeps this franchise safe. That's more important at this point in time IMO. 

I figured if im able to finess the draft by taking two of the top Linemen available and still get a guy like Banogu, then missing on guys like Oliver is something that we can live with. We solidified the Oline and drafted the most explosive Dlineman in the class, and he happens to be a pass rusher. 

I think you are overrating Isaball.  Maybe he will be decent, but he is a little guy with little hands that succeeded at a small school.   I'm not sure why nobody else mentioned it, but I am pretty sure that Bassey is going back to Wake for his senior season in 2019.  

I am probably overrating Isabella, but really for the sake of not having to shuffle the same names over and over again and making a predictable draft with the same names that we all generally expect or have seen. I look through alot of guys every year when I do this and I like to bring some fresh faces. Isabella is arguably the most productive WR of the class and no one around here has even heard of him because he happens not to be DK Metcalf, though Metcalf is one of the least productive WR's in this class that will most likely be drafted in the 1st round. He plays bigger than his size and for small hands he's a sure catcher. Dude has some soft hands, which honestly was what most impressed me. 

In an Air Raid system Isabella is a weapon. Today's NFL rules allows for a guy like Isabella to not only have a job in the NFL, but could actually be a Star because if schemed correctly, you basically cant touch him, his track speed translates to the field and he's actually a pretty good route runner and doesnt just rely on his speed. He's a wide receiver in an 8th grader's body. 

Im probably overrating him, but im willing to do that for a guy who's shown that he's more than his size. Besides, the irony is that he's from "Mayfield, Ohio"....which already makes him a legend in my book! :-) 

I also didnt know about the Bassey news. He will be on my watch list this year for sure. Dude is f'ing legit. 

38 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The pass rushers in this draft arent even "total packages". Is there a Khalil Mack, Lawrence Taylor, Aaron Donald in this draft? 

All of these dudes need some form of further development. They're rookies. Any of those guys could end up being all-pro's, but they're not heading into the draft as being "that guy" as a Khalil Mack, Jadaveon Clowney etc. 

Andre Dillard is "better than good" (better than Kelvin Beachum) when it comes to pass protection. He had a 94.0 grade in pass blocking, the best in college football. His weakness is run blocking mainly because he came from the Washington State, a football program that threw the ball on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down.

Better yet, let me make it even clearer. 

Washington's QB Gardner Minshew threw the ball 662 times last season and completed 70% of his passes. As a comparison:

OKLA's QB Kyler Murray threw the ball just 377 times. 
Other top QB's...Drew Lock: 437, Dwayne Haskins: 533, Will Grier: 397, Daniel Jones: 392. 

Washington State averaged 50 pass attempts a game, yet one of the best protected QB's in all of football was Gardner Minshew. 

If that's not a sign of a complete Tackle then I should stop making Mock Drafts right now. 

Dillard moves nice and he is a fine prospect but, Leach’s offense at WSU is designed to get the ball out fast.  The entire premise of the offense is to spread you out and get the ball to the receivers before the defense can adjust.  They don’t drop back and throw it downfield, that’s why they have so many attempts.   Dillard will need to adjust big time when he gets to the NFL.  

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It is what it is with Oliver. The only guy I want to use the word safe with is Sam Darnold. Keeping Sam healthy and in the game keeps this franchise safe. That's more important at this point in time IMO. 

I figured if im able to finess the draft by taking two of the top Linemen available and still get a guy like Banogu, then missing on guys like Oliver is something that we can live with. We solidified the Oline and drafted the most explosive Dlineman in the class, and he happens to be a pass rusher. 

I am probably overrating Isabella, but really for the sake of not having to shuffle the same names over and over again and making a predictable draft with the same names that we all generally expect or have seen. I look through alot of guys every year when I do this and I like to bring some fresh faces. Isabella is arguably the most productive WR of the class and no one around here has even heard of him because he happens not to be DK Metcalf, though Metcalf is one of the least productive WR's in this class that will most likely be drafted in the 1st round. He plays bigger than his size and for small hands he's a sure catcher. Dude has some soft hands, which honestly was what most impressed me. 

In an Air Raid system Isabella is a weapon. Today's NFL rules allows for a guy like Isabella to not only have a job in the NFL, but could actually be a Star because if schemed correctly, you basically cant touch him, his track speed translates to the field and he's actually a pretty good route runner and doesnt just rely on his speed. He's a wide receiver in an 8th grader's body. 

Im probably overrating him, but im willing to do that for a guy who's shown that he's more than his size. 

I also didnt know about the Bassey news. He will be on my watch list this year for sure. Dude is f'ing legit. 

What tape have you watched on Isabella that leads you to believe he has soft hands?  One of his biggest knocks is that he body catches way too much.  I’m not sure what you’ve seen of him to believe he is more than a slot receiver in the NFL.  He was exposed at the Sr. bowl a bit, and to think he can live on the outside in the NFL is a stretch.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Dillard moves nice and he is a fine prospect but, Leach’s offense at WSU is designed to get the ball out fast.  The entire premise of the offense is to spread you out and get the ball to the receivers before the defense can adjust.  They don’t drop back and throw it downfield, that’s why they have so many attempts.   Dillard will need to adjust big time when he gets to the NFL.  

Read the bolded then think about teams like Kansas City, New Orleans, San Francisco etc. 

This IS the NFL. Which is why more and more teams are moving their big athletic OT's inside to guard and using their passing ability and their athleticism inside as an advantage. 

Andrus Peat was an OT coming out of Stanford if im correct on the school, the Saints pushed him into the guard position. 

Brandon Scherff was an OT coming out of Iowa and even though the Skins had Trent Williams, they still drafted Scherff (over Leo Williams) and pushed him into guard. 

There are alot of teams that are doing this and it's working. Because the passing game is so quick the 3 most important positions on the line have become G/C/G. 

For teams still doing 5 and 7 step dropbacks then tackles `staying on the outside will remain the requirement. 

But sure, Dillard will need to adjust big time when he gets to the NFL, just like those pass rushers. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Read the bolded then think about teams like Kansas City, New Orleans, San Francisco etc. 

This IS the NFL. Which is why more and more teams are moving their big OT's inside to guard and using their passing ability and their athleticism inside as an advantage. 

Andrus Peat was an OT coming out of Stanford if im correct, the Saints pushing him into the guard position. 

Brandon Scherff was an OT coming out of Iowa and even though the Skins had Trent Williams, they still drafted Scherff (over Leo Williams) and pushed him into guard. 

There are alot of teams that are doing this and it's working. Because the passing game is so quick the 3 most important positions on the line have become G/C/G. 

For teams still doing 5 and 7 step dropbacks then tackles `staying on the outside will remain the requirement. 

But sure, Dillard will need to adjust big time when he gets to the NFL, just like those pass rushers. 

So you’re advocating drafting Dillard and moving him to guard?  Not sure what your point is.  

20 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

What tape have you watched on Isabella that leads you to believe he has soft hands?  One of his biggest knocks is that he body catches way too much.  I’m not sure what you’ve seen of him to believe he is more than a slot receiver in the NFL.  He was exposed at the Sr. bowl a bit, and to think he can live on the outside in the NFL is a stretch.  

What tape have you seen that confirms those knocks? 

I've watched the games that I could find of his which shows him being productive on the outside. I didnt see video of a kid who could only work in the slot. That made be believe that he's not just a slot guy. Could he be regulated to the slot? Sure, but does he have the ability to be moved around if schemed correctly? Yes. We have an offensive minded coach for a reason. But speaking of Senior Bowls and the slot. 

Here's his work at that game. Seems like the Isabella was the one doing the exposing when it came to the actual game. 

Created about 3 or 4 missed tackles. 

11 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

So you’re advocating drafting Dillard and moving him to guard?  Not sure what your point is.  

Im advocating that you read. 

I said that teams that continue the 5 and 7 step dropback can simply keep the Tackle at the tackle position. 

Im not sure what your point is. You seem a bit meticulous and "on one" for some reason. 

It's a mock. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

What tape have you seen that confirms those knocks? 

I've watched the games that I could find of his which shows him being productive on the outside. I didnt see video of a kid who could only work in the slot. That made be believe that he's not just a slot guy. Could he be regulated to the slot? Sure, but does he have the ability to be moved around if schemed correctly? Yes. We have an offensive minded coach for a reason. But speaking of Senior Bowls and the slot. 

Here's his work at that game. Seems like the Isabella was the one doing the exposing when it came to the actual game. 

If you look at that tape and think that he is an outside receiver in the NFL then, have at it.  But it literally has him in the slot and the one seam pass they threw to him he double catches against his chest.  If you watched him during practice and drills it will confirm all this.  Regardless, he would be so redundant on the Jets, Crowder, Burnette and now Quadre Henderson.  

Just now, sec101row23 said:

If you look at that tape and think that he is an outside receiver in the NFL then, have at it.  But it literally has him in the slot and the one seam pass they threw to him he double catches against his chest.  If you watched him during practice and drills it will confirm all this.  Regardless, he would be so redundant on the Jets, Crowder, Burnette and now Quadre Henderson.  

Confirmation of what he played at the Senior Bowl doesnt confirm what he played during his college games. 

However, what it does confirm is that the kid has shown that he can play both outside and in the slot, as well as in the backfield. 

Based on what I said, and then your response, it's clear that you're not even reading what Im saying. 

Im going to dismiss myself as this has taken its course. 

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Im advocating that you read. 

I said that teams that continue the 5 and 7 step dropback can simply keep the Tackle at the tackle position. 

Im not sure what your point is. You seem a bit meticulous and "on one" for some reason. 

It's a mock. 

Right, which is why I said It will be a big adjustment for Dillard because Wazu’s offense was shotgun quick hitters.  He never really had to pass block for that long.  

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Confirmation of what he played at the Senior Bowl doesnt confirm what he played during his college games. 

However, what it does confirm is that the kid has shown that he can play both outside and in the slot, as well as in the backfield. 

Based on what I said, and then your response, it's clear that you're not even reading what Im saying. 

Im going to dismiss myself as this has taken its course. 

No doubt it has.  

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Right, which is why I said It will be a big adjustment for Dillard because Wazu’s offense was shotgun quick hitters.  He never really had to pass block for that long.  

Any proof of that? He's not had to hold a block for 2.5-3 seconds? Never???

So I guess the folks who grade pass protectors got it wrong here. 

You right. 

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Any proof of that? He's not had to hold a block for 2.5-3 seconds? Never???

So I guess the folks who grade pass protectors got it wrong here. 

You right. 

Again, you miss the point.  If you can’t tell the difference between blocking in WSU’s offense and blocking in an NFL system then I’m sorry.  

Not saying Dillard can’t adjust, just that it will be a big adjustment.