Darron Lee removes all refrences to Jets from his twitter profile

Jetsbb

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Badly want lee to stay on squad in sub packages - mostly 3rd down/nickel - for 2 mill he's the best pass defending LB on the team. Let him play well in 2019 - a contract year, let him  walk and get a comp.pick next year.

for 2 mill he brings value to 2019 and I want to win as many games as possible and I’m good with a backup first round skill set for 2 mill to help win games in 2019

44 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Badly want lee to stay on squad in sub packages - mostly 3rd down/nickel - for 2 mill he's the best pass defending LB on the team. Let him play well in 2019 - a contract year, let him  walk and get a comp.pick next year.

for 2 mill he brings value to 2019 and I want to win as many games as possible and I’m good with a backup first round skill set for 2 mill to help win games in 2019

Neville Hewitt played just as well the final 4 games while that knucklehead was suspended. When they re-signed Hewitt, Lee became expendable.

5 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

I'd be happy to get a 3rd for him and ecstatic about late 2nd. Was hoping he would fit in Williams' 4-3 scheme but oh well, he had his opportunities.

Jet should just keep him for this year( not a good fit for 3-4 defense) , as he only going to fetch a late day draft pick .( going into his contract year) .   No way the Jets get a third rounder for him. A team could just sign Fa Zach Brown 

4 hours ago, David Harris said:

This is the right answer for the Jets.  I can see him and his mother not cooperating. 

8 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is the right answer for the Jets.  I can see him and his mother not cooperating. 

3 of mccagnan’s 1st round picks modeled the new uniforms, with lee being the one who didn’t.  He clearly feels slighted.  But this is what happens when you get suspended 4 games for drugs, you’re not going to be a face of the franchise.  He’s not good enough to overcome this.

The Jets probably just told him to stay away tomorrow.   He wasn't bad last year and is not making much money.   I would not waive him or trade for a super low pick.   I get he was suspended and maybe not fit, but still could be useful as a backup.

59 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

3 of mccagnan’s 1st round picks modeled the new uniforms, with lee being the one who didn’t.  He clearly feels slighted.  But this is what happens when you get suspended 4 games for drugs, you’re not going to be a face of the franchise.  He’s not good enough to overcome this.

lol he was the first player to push for New Jersey’s . Of course he feel slighted and probably knows it’s over here as well.

13 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

lol he was the first player to push for New Jersey’s . Of course he feel slighted and probably knows it’s over here as well.

He was still in college when they started working on them. Fun, weird rumor though.

9 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

If this has been in the works for 5 years it wasn’t his idea.

I’m not saying he was the first person With the idea .. he was the first player to bring it up and push for it on Twitter . 

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

I’m not saying he was the first person Witt the idea .. he was the first player to bring it up and push for it on Twitter . 

I like how players stand up for each other but he was just suspended for drugs.  Can’t blame the jets for not wanting him to model the new unis, and plus, they could also have had bell and Mosley do it.  They now have guys to be the faces of the franchise, and if they stay at 3 they’ll likely get another.

His suspension was his ticket out. When that happened it was just a matter of time. You have to instill discipline. This is the beginning of that. It's a privilege to be an NFL player and no one is bigger than the team. Lee is finding that out.

Archived