Jet Nation Is Moving

Maxman

Jet Nation is moving. We are changing both Web Hosts and Servers. The reasons are simple, we will not settle. Tom and I are not 100% satisfied with the service we are currently receiving and we DEMAND excellence.

There are multiple benefits to this move:

-Much faster Server which is dedicated to JETNATION

-Linux Operating System

-We are doubling the amount of RAM in the Server...many more users can be online at once.

-Much improved Data Center and Network Backup capabilities.

-Our available Bandwidth is being increased by about 70%.

-We have increased available drive space so we have much more room for fan photos and some items that are coming soon:

Chat Room

Download Section

Player Interviews

We have gotten lots of feedback saying that the current site is fast. We know it will get even faster after the move. Our web consultant told us this wasn't all necessary. He also told us it would take us like 7 or 8 months to hit 300 users! We might hit that before the draft. (We haven't even started advertising yet).

The Web Consultant is good and he helped us a lot. But he underestimated what the Nation was capable of. For that, we THANK everyone of you for your support!

We are not expecting any downtime with this move. But if it is needed we will keep you informed!

More work for the Wee Techno Creature.....

Wee McCabe...Wee McCabe...Wee McCabe....dammit show some respect.

I saw the techno creature tonight and you are 100% correct. This move was planned around his schedule!

Jet Nation is moving. We are changing both Web Hosts and Servers. The reasons are simple, we will not settle. Tom and I are not 100% satisfied with the service we are currently receiving and we DEMAND excellence.

Too bad the Jets don't demand that type of excellence with Hermy. :shock:

You've been on the net for how long Max? You've never heard internet dork speak?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A787917

All the answers lie within the link.

Too funny bro. Never heard of it actually. Guess that makes me only a semi dork.

This is the best part:

Courteousness

Although you can use l33t speak exclusively, it is looked down upon in most forums and chat rooms. The best place to use l33t speak is in a brief expression of excitement, when you are just playing around or in a supreme example of your geeky prowess.

That dorky web consultant has no idea of THE POWER OF BREN! :o 300? That aint nothing wait till spring break!

Jim:

The power of Bren is FRIGHTENING. JetNation owes 98% of its user base to her.

The other 2% signed up by accident and never posted.

Where you going?

I find Rackspace a great host.

BZ

We decided to go with a larger provider. We selected one that has received the best reviews we found over the past 2 years. Much bigger data center as well.

I have not worked with RackSpace in the past, so I am unfamiar with them.

We decided to go with a larger provider. We selected one that has received the best reviews we found over the past 2 years. Much bigger data center as well.

I have not worked with RackSpace in the past, so I am unfamiar with them

RackSpace?

Why don't you just ask Bren to fill you in on all the details.

I have not worked with RackSpace in the past, so I am unfamiar with them.

I have worked with RackSpace for years (4?) after going through a slew of hosting providers including hosting it myself off a SDSL line.

Rackspace provides some of the best support I have ever seen and they are very customer centric.

BZ

Although you can use l33t speak exclusively, it is looked down upon in most forums and chat rooms. The best place to use l33t speak is in a brief expression of excitement, when you are just playing around or in a supreme example of your geeky prowess.

Where can I get my official Jets pocket protector?

Archived