Film Room: C.J. Mosley

I understand it is not the best use of financial capital, however, you’re bringing in Williams to remake our “D” and he will want a field general to rely on. Adams is a cheerleader and fires guys up. Mosley diagnosis plays and gets the players aligned.

If we want Sam to develop he needs the ball in his hands often with a chance to win the game. Down 2 TDs at the half limits the play calling in the 2nd half if we can’t prevent the other team from scoring at will. We needed players who played in an attacking system similar to how Williams game plans.

Barr would have helped in that regard but we go get an edge in the draft. Hopefully Truman’s gets back his groove under Williams. Mosley will make this D significantly better and allow Sam more snaps per hame

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

So we got a great middle linebacker in his prime -- an elite talent who will raise everyone's play around him... yeah, I'm worried about how much they paid him... 

You didn't hear that ILB is a low priority position? 

• Upvote 1

The guy in the video has pass coverage, age and salary listed as the only weaknesses for Mosley... 

Pass coverage and salary i can understand, but age? Mosley is 27 and overall it seemed like all the Jets' FA signings beside Osemele were fairly young. (26-29) 

Also mentions that Mosley is undersized for the position but reassures the viewers that he's bigger than Darron Lee. Lol

56 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

The guy in the video has pass coverage, age and salary listed as the only weaknesses for Mosley... 

Pass coverage and salary i can understand, but age? Mosley is 27 and overall it seemed like all the Jets' FA signings beside Osemele were fairly young. (26-29) 

Also mentions that Mosley is undersized for the position but reassures the viewers that he's bigger than Darron Lee. Lol

Based on that video, Mosley had some nice INTs where he looks like he was pretty far back in coverage. Not going to worry about that either.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

I understand it is not the best use of financial capital, however, you’re bringing in Williams to remake our “D” and he will want a field general to rely on. Adams is a cheerleader and fires guys up. Mosley diagnosis plays and gets the players aligned.

If we want Sam to develop he needs the ball in his hands often with a chance to win the game. Down 2 TDs at the half limits the play calling in the 2nd half if we can’t prevent the other team from scoring at will. We needed players who played in an attacking system similar to how Williams game plans.

Barr would have helped in that regard but we go get an edge in the draft. Hopefully Truman’s gets back his groove under Williams. Mosley will make this D significantly better and allow Sam more snaps per hame

I love these video breakdowns by ESNY.  CJ Mosely is going to be huge for us.  Finally a Killer out there. I like your comment about Jamal Adams, but I honestly wonder how Adams will deal with a new leader coming in to camp. Lee was responsible for calling the plays last year so it won't be like anything was removed from his responsibilities, but you know how egos can be.  Hey, he wanted more dogs. Mosely would fall into that category. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I love these video breakdowns by ESNY.  CJ Mosely is going to be huge for us.  Finally a Killer out there. I like your comment about Jamal Adams, but I honestly wonder how Adams will deal with a new leader coming in to camp. Lee was responsible for calling the plays last year so it won't be like anything was removed from his responsibilities, but you know how egos can be.  Hey, he wanted more dogs. Mosely would fall into that category. 

Jamal was the one who called for more Dawgs to begin with...so I assume he'll be fine

Jets fan:  " typical edge rushing free agent class of 2019,  salary 15 million plus;  "You've got to sign this guy, pay the price"....   Leonard Williams 14.5 million dollars one year deal, "Well we've got to keep him, he may finally put it all together"...….  Anthony Barr changes mind on 15million dollar Jets offer;  "Well it was a good offer, too bad he changed his mind"...…  Mitch Morse, center, signs 11million dollar free agent deal with Bills.." The Jets needed to get him no matter the cost, we need a center"...…  Demarcus Lawrence, signs 20 million dollar/year contract to stay with the Cowboys.... " Let's trade our #3 overall, and assume the contract"...….

Jets sign CJ Moseley, 2nd best Middle Linebacker in all of football to 17million dollar /year contract...  "What are they doing??  You can't pay that kind of money to a middle linebacker"...…..      You can't make this sh*t up,  you just can't...….

• WTF? 1

12 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Based on that video, Mosley had some nice INTs where he looks like he was pretty far back in coverage. Not going to worry about that either.

We finished FA with enough cap space to sign a top player. I’m not even worried about the money we gave him either. 

I don’t watch ravens game much but that breakdown was pretty solid. This guy is really good. We have fundentally sound players in the middle with Mosley, Williamson, and Maye. And Adams is a beast in the middle. Have a feeling we are not going to see many broken plays this year.

13 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

Any Ravens fan will tell you that pass coverage was his major liability. 

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol. 

So Mosley is like "Shut up Jamal, we gotta figure out what they're running."

actually mosley is going to be adams’ best friend out there- this defense has had serious issues stopping the run lately and a guy like mosley is going to free up adams since they won’t be asking him to play in the box as much

• Upvote 1

On 4/8/2019 at 9:46 AM, Thai Jet said:

CJ will better our defense by leaps and bounds. His leadership, and play diagnosis  is just what this team needs. Sure we paid a lot but you get what you pay for.

Just what he brings to film study will make us better, not to mention getting guys to take it from the meeting room to the field...

Should I get hopes up for an end to giving up first downs on third and long being the rule rather than the exception?

• Upvote 1

Mind you all of the things being pointed out in this film are all things Darron Lee never did once. Lee isn't a smart enough football player to take on duties like that. You need only look at this to know why the Jets are moving on from Lee.

19 hours ago, Awesumtenor said:

Just what he brings to film study will make us better, not to mention getting guys to take it from the meeting room to the field...

Should I get hopes up for an end to giving up first downs on third and long being the rule rather than the exception?

I certainly hope so. That and when we have 3rd and 4 we throw a 3 yd.  pass and then punt.

On 4/8/2019 at 8:12 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

lol. 

So Mosley is like "Shut up Jamal, we gotta figure out what they're running."

Wonder if jamal can handle being demoted from the leader on D.. Jamal can learn a lot from this great highly esthablished player, and have hopes to maybe be as good one day

• Sympathy 1