SR24

Jets Reportedly Targeting Dillard/Jonah Via Trade Down

this doesnt make sense on a few levels.

1. Macc does not have a history of drafting OL early

2. Why would the jets be begging to trade down knowing that only drives trade down value down, if they really wanted to trade down you'd think the reports would be how strong the jets think the top 3-5 are

ill buy it when i see it. it wouldnt be a smart move to pass on a bunch of generational pass rushers for an average interior lineman.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

If true, Mac needs to work on his poker face 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiF said:

If true, Mac needs to work on his poker face 

he wants to trade down, he's made that clear.  the rest of the article is speculative though i do believe the would take an OL in round 1 if they trade back, not a shocker considering how they have said repeatedly they want to protect darnold.  

• Upvote 2

Either would be super in a trade down. Think they’re two of the safest prospects in the draft. Dillard seems like a strong bet to be at least an above average player at a very important position, Williams’ floor is as a Pro Bowl guard IMO but I think he’s got a shot at tackle too. Either in the teens would be a really strong start.

• Upvote 1

I hope we trade down and draft two offensive linemen. Macc wants to recoup some of the bounty (three second rounders) they gave up to trade up last year. Plus the smartest way to develop a young QB is playmakers (they got one of the best in Bell) and offensive linemen. 

• Upvote 2

Hopefully we can shock everyone and orchestrate a trade with NYG (I know unlikely) and leave the draft with Taylor at #6 and then one of Metcalf/AJ Brown/Dillard/Bardbury at 17

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

said it a million times-mac has shown he is not capable of drafting well -his only good players were the top pick him having three number twos to him is as useful as a glove is to a guy with no hands

3 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Hopefully we can shock everyone and orchestrate a trade with NYG (I know unlikely) and leave the draft with Taylor at #6 and then one of Metcalf/AJ Brown/Dillard/Bardbury at 17

I love aj brown dont like Metcalf at all-guys that cant stay healthy in college usually are worse in pros see d smith as an example

• Upvote 1

Just now, kmnj said:

I love aj brown dont like Metcalf at all-guys that cant stay healthy in college usually are worse in pros see d smith as an example

I too prefer AJ over Metcalf

• Thumb Down 1

Any rumor that the Jets want to trade down to draft those two is a smoke screen. If we're playing a 3-4 base, and we trade Lee, we need an outside linebacker. Much more than those tackles, both of whom have flaws in their game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, genot said:

Any rumor that the Jets want to trade down to draft those two is a smoke screen. If we're playing a 3-4 base, and we trade Lee, we need an outside linebacker. Much more than those tackles, both of whom have flaws in their game.

if the jets trade down what positions do you think they'll draft?  no qb/rb/wr.  no safety.  it's olb/cb/OL as the 3 biggest needs.  gase has said the OL is a 'work in progress' and mccagnan has said the primary goal is to protect darnold.  mccagnan is begging teams to trade with him.  where's the smokescreen?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

if the jets trade down what positions do you think they'll draft?  no qb/rb/wr.  no safety.  it's olb/cb/OL as the 3 biggest needs.  gase has said the OL is a 'work in progress' and mccagnan has said the primary goal is to protect darnold.  mccagnan is begging teams to trade with him.  where's the smokescreen?

Always works to maximize your value. Pretty much in anything, not just sports.😂

Just now, section314 said:

Always works to maximize your value. Pretty much in anything, not just sports.😂

it's not as if there are great qb prospects that he doesn't have to beg.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

2. Why would the jets be begging to trade down knowing that only drives trade down value down, if they really wanted to trade down you'd think the reports would be how strong the jets think the top 3-5 are

ill buy it when i see it. it wouldnt be a smart move to pass on a bunch of generational pass rushers for an average interior lineman.

The problem is none of the passrushers are generational. Every player in this draft has a question mark. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I think if the Jets trade down, they'll make sure their in a position to draft Burns or Sweat. If we get back a 2nd rounder, we'll draft Max Sharping, who's every bit as good of a pass blocker as Dillard. With perhaps more of an upside in the run game, than both of those tackles

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The problem is none of the passrushers are generational. Every player in this draft has a question mark. 

Burns and Sweat have question marks. One thing they do have is speed and explosiveness. Something we know we don't have. We have to have that. Have too!!!

So you're saying that the Jets really want to stay put and pick at 3?

Maybe that's what they want you to think...or maybe not...

This draft is a lot different and unique than any other draft in his history. I am not sure we can go off his history of lack of offensive lineman and say that this is going to be the strategy he is going to use  

1. All your picks change after getting your "franchise quarterback". Lineman and play makers become the next big thing you need to bring in before the rookie contract is up and you pay 30 mil per year.
  2. With the lack of picks in prior drafts, it is only a matter of time before the GM choices a year to draft a couple offensive lineman. This is that year

1 minute ago, Rsherman28 said:

This draft is a lot different and unique than any other draft in his history. I am not sure we can go off his history of lack of offensive lineman and say that this is going to be the strategy he is going to use  

1. All your picks change after getting your "franchise quarterback". Lineman and play makers become the next big thing you need to bring in before the rookie contract is up and you pay 30 mil per year.
  2. With the lack of picks in prior drafts, it is only a matter of time before the GM choices a year to draft a couple offensive lineman. This is that year

plus first year with offensive HC and mccagnan's job is tied to darnold succeeding.

14 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Except the guy I took for the Titans in our mock......Christian Wilkins.😎

I have no problem with Mac advertising that he wants to trade down.

Doesn't mean he has to, just finding out who might be a willing trade partner and at what price.

Love Bosa, like Allen but I'd really like a center and an LT and a playmaking WR and an extra early pick next year.  

• Upvote 1

From the article:

The team does not own a second-round selection, as it was part of the package of picks traded to the Indianapolis Colts last year to secure quarterback Sam Darnold. This could be a blessing in disguise considering the history of second-round choices made by the Jets in the past 25 years, but the team has a lot of holes to fill.

lol

So true, yet so deliciously snarky.

the value is what the Jets say it is.  They have the higher pick.

Just now, jack48 said:

the value is what the Jets say it is.  They have the higher pick.

the value is what someone is willing to purchase something for.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, genot said:

Burns and Sweat have question marks.

One thing for sure is that they'll both bring the heat to this team.