SR24

Jets Reportedly Targeting Dillard/Jonah Via Trade Down

this doesnt make sense on a few levels.

1. Macc does not have a history of drafting OL early

2. Why would the jets be begging to trade down knowing that only drives trade down value down, if they really wanted to trade down you'd think the reports would be how strong the jets think the top 3-5 are

ill buy it when i see it. it wouldnt be a smart move to pass on a bunch of generational pass rushers for an average interior lineman.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Where does it say in that article that the Jets are begging to trade down?

It basically says what we've all known since the end of the year.  The Jets would be interested and willing to trade down.   It actually then goes on to say that because the Jets didn't sign a pass rusher in free agency,  it may be a tougher decision then originally thought for them to trade down and pass on one of the pass rushers.

I would say this article says the exact opposite of the Jets begging to trade down.  To me, it says they might not be as willing as they were before, because they don't want to pass on one of the pass rushers. 

Which then puts them in a better negotiating position. 

there have been about 15 different outlets that have reported that the jets are VERY VERY VERY interested in trading down....it borders on begging and the opposite of a poker face.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

It would be being if Macc kept saying it. The reports are all going off of the one comment Macc made about being open to trading down for the right price. You're acting as if Macc is quoted in each story with a different comment about how much he'd like to trade down. That's just not accurate

you are missing the point. this is exactly what i have been saying...media makes it seems like we are desperate to trade down including this report that we are targeting second tier players with a trade down. in reality the jets have said they were open to it, but thats about it...and if they really were desperate to trade down....i'd expect them to come out and talk up the top of this draft.

These were your comments earlier,
"there have been about 15 different outlets that have reported that the jets are VERY VERY VERY interested in trading down....it borders on begging and the opposite of a poker face."
So what you just said in response to my response is the exact opposite of what you said earlier. 

No it’s not. Read harder. The above was regarding the insinuation by the media.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company