SR24

Jets Reportedly Targeting Dillard/Jonah Via Trade Down

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

From the article:

lol

So true, yet so deliciously snarky.

What, you don't think David Harris and Randy Thomas are enough to merit the Jets great praise about their history in the round?

If anything, they're due for this decade's second round hit!

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if the jets are meeting with several OL who are projected to go in the 7-12 range i think it's reasonable to assume that they think they have a decent shot of trading back. 

Honestly, if the Jets end up with a guy they have #7 on their board that they want the most of everyone, for reasons such a positional need/value, even a failure to trade down should not do anything to change what they do.  4 draft slots is not a good enough reason to change your entire plan.  Every year you have team's getting criticized on draft day for taking someone higher than a bunch of media folks' last of 50 different versions of rankings happened to say, while other supposedly high-rated players go plummeting down the board.  In the end, none of it makes a damn bit of difference, or is even remembered, when the move pays off.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i agree, but mccagnan wants a 2nd round pick, at least.  so while we can argue the merits of taking an OL at #3 b/c of protecting darnold, it's definitely easier to stomach taking the OL at, say, 10, and also getting extra picks.

Oh yeah, if that's their goal and they can pull it off, then I can certainly understand going that route.  My only point that if a deal never happens, or that the offers are so inconsequential that they're not worth the risk of losing out on who they really want, they shouldn't let themselves get talked into / out of something just because of a few slots.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company