Seattle Listening To Offers for Frank Clark

SR24

This was the one edge rusher that I thought we should have really pursued in this year's free agency.  {Save the "domestic violence incident", didn't know about that }  He would have been the perfect fit.

Young, healthy, talented and effective.  No warts in his game  For next year's #2 pick, sign me up.  It's a no brainer.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why does everybody think they want Lee?  How about Williams?  That is more of an even swap - two high priced dudes with no time on their contracts.  

They’re not looking to trade big contracts. They’re looking to dump one to free up money for Wilson’s new deal. 

While gaining a draft pick (or picks)

2 hours ago, J_Smith said:

If we can get him for anything other than our 1st rounder, do it immediately 

this is news makes sense considering wilson’s Deadline to be league’s highest paid player is in a week

Bingo!  I had forgotten about that.  Seattle wants to free up some $$$.  I agree 100%, anything but our 1st should be the strategy.  Might even consider flipping some round-by-round positions (ex. The Jets pick early in each round....we include our 4th for Seattle's 4th essentially letting them move up significantly in one or two rounds).

Wilson currently makes 25mil and Seattle has about 10 mil in space.

figure he wants to be in the 33-34 per year range, they’re going to have to trade clark

jarren reed put up 10.5 sacks for them last year and makes peanuts. They’re already paying wagner and kj Wright about 20 mil combined in their linebacking corps

3 hours ago, J_Smith said:

I feel like the trade for Clark is contingent on signing him to a new deal. Now is the time to do it with Darnold on his rookie deal. I’d be more than ok with paying big money to Mosley, bell, KO, and Clark while we can afford it.

I think the Colts are going to snatch him since they have the most cap available. 

10 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Mac needs to be aggressive here if the asking price is less than a 1st. Get it done. We have the cap space to sign him to a deal that he wants.

I hope he is. There shouldn't be too much competition at this point in free agency. Colts come to mind but they got Houston, they could still do it given they have 2 2nd rounders. 

Landing Clark would open up so many possibilities on draft night. Trading down would still be the best outcome but pairing Allen, Bosa, Quinnen or Oliver with Clark wouldn't be the worst thing either.

3 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

I think the Colts are going to snatch him since they have the most cap available. 

They already acquired Houston, and have been very conservative with their cap space 

also, they actually draft well so I’m not sure they’re going to be as willing to give up an early round pick. 

3 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

They already acquired Houston, and have been very conservative with their cap space 

also, they actually draft well so I’m not sure they’re going to be as willing to give up an early round pick. 

Hope for the best and plan for the worst-SOJF

They don't have a second round pick.  BUT...
What if you They offer Frank Clark, their 1st (21), and their 3rd pick (84), for our number 3? 
They could then take that number three and replace Clark with Bosa or Allen, or they could trade down and recoup the 2nd and 3rd pick?
That puts us in the mix for guys like Andre Dillard or Greg Little.  Might put us in place for Greedy Williams.  Better yet, I would bet Garrett Bradbury would be in play.
How good would Frank Clark, Garrett Bradbury, and 3 3rd rounds pick look?

Not bad but I think Seattle is in the market for more picks. If I remember correctly they have 4 total picks this year. Losing frank Clark and dropping to 3 total picks doesn’t seem realistic.

I just don’t see it from a seahawk perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, SR24 said:

Just remember though don't we also have to pay Clark? #3 plus that contract is a ton to give away even though the return is nice 

We still have over $26 million sitting in the war chest.  I think it could be done.

Moot point though.....there is NO way Mac will entertain this guy with domestic violence charges in his past.

5 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

We still have over $26 million sitting in the war chest.  I think it could be done.

Moot point though.....there is NO way Mac will entertain this guy with domestic violence charges in his past.

I’m hoping that Macs seat is hot enough to the point where he needs to win and that’s his only focus. I think Clark’s been well improved since his rough days in college hopefully Mac makes it happen it makes too much sense if it can be had for a 2nd a late pick 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

Not bad but I think Seattle is in the market for more picks. If I remember correctly they have 4 total picks this year. Losing frank Clark and dropping to 3 total picks doesn’t seem realistic.

I just don’t see it from a seahawk perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That’s why I’m concerned they’ll want to trade with someone else with us not having a 2nd rounder this year. 

2 minutes ago, SR24 said:

That’s why I’m concerned they’ll want to trade with someone else with us not having a 2nd rounder this year. 

That's an unfortunate reality. We just don't have what they are looking for. Lee could be in the equation but I don't know how well he would fit in with them. 

Seatle did give us a 2nd and Kearse for a one year rental on Sheldon so something could be done. We have the relationship already. Unless they feel like they got taken for a ride on that deal. Who knows how they feel about their dealings with Macc?  That's one of Macc's better moves and they may not want to tinker with such a masterful negotiator again ;-) 

5 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

That's an unfortunate reality. We just don't have what they are looking for. Lee could be in the equation but I don't know how well he would fit in with them. 

Seatle did give us a 2nd and Kearse for a one year rental on Sheldon so something could be done. We have the relationship already. Unless they feel like they got taken for a ride on that deal. Who knows how they feel about their dealings with Macc?  That's one of Macc's better moves and they may not want to tinker with such a masterful negotiator again ;-) 

Could make Mac start shopping #3 more aggressively. If Seattle wants a 2nd this year Mac could complete a trade pre draft day I mean we’re  only like 2 weeks out anyways 

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

seattle has gotten hosed on every trade they’ve made since they got lynch from the bills. it’s really ruined their roster depth

12 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Mac needs to be aggressive here if the asking price is less than a 1st. Get it done. We have the cap space to sign him to a deal that he wants.

Jets don't currently have a second round pick.  Seattle wants at least a second round pick, so that means Jets at minimum would have to be willing to give up next year number 1 pick.    The Jets have the money to get him, but do they have the draft picks to satisfy Seattle. 

21 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Jets don't currently have a second round pick.  Seattle wants at least a second round pick, so that means Jets at minimum would have to be willing to give up next year number 1 pick.    The Jets have the money to get him, but do they have the draft picks to satisfy Seattle. 

21 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

If the Colts aren't interested Seattle better negotiate with Macc & the Jets because he'll run out of places that can 1- give up picks & 2- pay him.

When Wilson gets paid, they will have NO MONEY to pay Clark so they have to make some type of deal. Problem is, the Colts are also waiting for the price to GO DOWN & they have numerous later draft picks. 

Of the Jets could pull that off & Bosa falls to them? DAMN! 

48 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

That’s what Seattle says they want. It’s not necessarily what will eventually get the deal done. 

I cant see any team giving up a first current or future when Dee Ford went for a future 2nd. 

Macc didn’t want to trade a future first to move up for Darnold. I doubt he does it for Clark.

Since most teams are done spending, Seattle is almost in the same spot Arizona is with Rosen. Arizona wants a first, but sounds like they are only get Day 2 Pick offers.

Seattle can’t pay Clark. So their best scenario is making a deal for one of the Colts second round picks. Colts hold most of the cards. If they don’t want to give up a second. Good luck to Seattle. 

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Earlier post I and others have said using next year’s second. Pitt also wanted a 1st fot AB. We see how that worked out. What a team wants isn’t what the end price will be.

Archived