Seattle Listening To Offers for Frank Clark

SR24

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

That’s what Seattle says they want. It’s not necessarily what will eventually get the deal done. 

I cant see any team giving up a first current or future when Dee Ford went for a future 2nd. 

Macc didn’t want to trade a future first to move up for Darnold. I doubt he does it for Clark.

Since most teams are done spending, Seattle is almost in the same spot Arizona is with Rosen. Arizona wants a first, but sounds like they are only get Day 2 Pick offers.

Seattle can’t pay Clark. So their best scenario is making a deal for one of the Colts second round picks. Colts hold most of the cards. If they don’t want to give up a second. Good luck to Seattle. 

This is what I'm thinking.....they WANT a 2nd. That is their negotiating stance but they have no leverage. This isnt a QB and this draft has a lot of good defensive players. I think we can get him with a 3rd because while the colts have what Seattle needs, I dont think the Colts need Clark. They can draft a young pass rusher to team with Ford. We should offer them the higher 3rd and a swap of 4th rd picks and if they dont take it 

KICK ROCKS!!!

Would probably be best for us to wait until after the draft to get involved in this trade.

First we need to see if we trade down and still land a good edge prospect.

Then you don’t want Seattle asking for picks for this draft where we’re picking high in rounds. You want to offer 2020 picks (in hopes we’ll be picking later in rounds).

11 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Would probably be best for us to wait until after the draft to get involved in this trade.

First we need to see if we trade down and still land a good edge prospect.

Then you don’t want Seattle asking for picks for this draft where we’re picking high in rounds. You want to offer 2020 picks (in hopes we’ll be picking later in rounds).

I think this could happen sooner as Wilson has given the Seahawks a deadline of April 15th. Sounds like Seattle need to trade Clark sooner than later because they can't pay both players. I think a 2020 second round pick could get it done then we can sit at #3 and probably draft Allen. 

CBS Sports just posted an article on trading Darron Lee to the Eagles. We also give up one of our 3rds in exchange for Eagles 2nd (#57 overall). 

31 minutes ago, AussieJet80 said:

I think this could happen sooner as Wilson has given the Seahawks a deadline of April 15th. Sounds like Seattle need to trade Clark sooner than later because they can't pay both players. I think a 2020 second round pick could get it done then we can sit at #3 and probably draft Allen. 

CBS Sports just posted an article on trading Darron Lee to the Eagles. We also give up one of our 3rds in exchange for Eagles 2nd (#57 overall). 

Darren Lee is only worth moving up 11 spots?! Lolooolololol

16 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Jets don't currently have a second round pick.  Seattle wants at least a second round pick, so that means Jets at minimum would have to be willing to give up next year number 1 pick.    The Jets have the money to get him, but do they have the draft picks to satisfy Seattle. 

I think it's a no brainer to give up next years 1st. He immediately provides that pass rusher and ends the debate about drafting an edge at #3. Plus now you can trade back and maybe recoup that 1st round pick in 2020. Either way you give up the #1 next year for the pass rusher they've been searching for all off-season.

2 hours ago, AussieJet80 said:

If there report was accurate as the Jets and Eagles agree to a trade why wouldn't they just make the trade now instead of waiting till draft day? That part makes no sense. 

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

If there report was accurate as the Jets and Eagles agree to a trade why wouldn't they just make the trade now instead of waiting till draft day? That part makes no sense. 

Imo I think jets want more then just moving up 11 spots for lee

2 hours ago, AussieJet80 said:

clark is one of the best pass rushers in the league and he’s 25. it’s going to take a little more than that- maybe a 2 + 3. he’s not khalil mack but he should get more than dee ford in trade value

9 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I think it's a no brainer to give up next years 1st. He immediately provides that pass rusher and ends the debate about drafting an edge at #3. Plus now you can trade back and maybe recoup that 1st round pick in 2020. Either way you give up the #1 next year for the pass rusher they've been searching for all off-season.

if you’re trading back just give them a 2 and maybe the saints 3rd round pick

23 minutes ago, cant wait said:

clark is one of the best pass rushers in the league and he’s 25. it’s going to take a little more than that- maybe a 2 + 3. he’s not khalil mack but he should get more than dee ford in trade value

yeah but I'm being greedy and don't want to give up more draft capital than is absolutely necessary haha but I see what you're sayin'

Some of you are terrible negotiators. A first round pick for Clark? Why? There are maybe 3 teams that can take on Clark's impending salary. Why would we offer next years first? Unless the Colts are feeling loose and generous, Seattle's hands are tied, unless they plan on trading Wilson. They have little to no leverage so there isn't much they can control. Mac is good at trades, so I'm not worried he would do something as foolish as trade next year's first.

Jets are in the drivers seat if they are 1 of the teams even engaging Seattle & the Jets have ALL THE LEVERAGE. Not just because the Seahawks need to sign Wilson but because the Jets have the FREAKING 3rd pick in the draft & are not desperate because chances are at #3 they could have their choice of Nick Bosa or Josh Allen! The purported 2 best pass rushers in the draft!

if the Jets were in their usual spot in the teens? Seattle would have SOME leverage. Like others have said, there are only maybe 3 teams with draft capital & salary cap money to sign him.

Archived