Do you think we trade down, or do we stay put?

chrisfaceoff

Do you think we trade down in the 1st round  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we trade down or stay put

• Trade Down
    • Stay at 3

With Free Agency and the jersey launch in the rear view, we move on to the draft.

A lot has been made about possible trade down targets, teams to deal with, and compensation we can or should get, but what do you think we do?

This isn't a question of who trades up, what we get, or scenarios that need to happen but just a gut feeling you have as to our pick in the 1st round.

Do you think we move down, or we stay at 3 and take our guy?  Yes or no?  Call it!

Personally, I would like to move down, but I think ultimately we stay put

With Free Agency and the jersey launch in the rear view, we move on to the draft.

A lot has been made about possible trade down targets, teams to deal with, and compensation we can or should get, but what do you think we do?
This isn't a question of who trades up, what we get, or scenarios that need to happen but just a gut feeling you have as to our pick in the 1st round.
Do you think we move down, or we stay at 3 and take our guy?  Yes or no?  Call it!

Personally, I would like to move down, but I think ultimately we stay put

We are trading down. We are getting a nice haul and we are going to grab the exact players we need. Not necessarily the sext fancy guys but we are going to rebuild the roster with the 2 additional picks and the extra first next year.

Book it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Every year, with the exception of last year, we talk about trading down and getting more picks.  Yet it never happens.  The only time we traded back in the last 20 years was the Doug Jolley trade.  The time before that was 1997.  We traded down twice and came away with James Farrior and a couple of 4th rounders.  After passing on two HOFers.  Be careful what you wish for.

I have come to grips with the fact that a trade down is not likely, I want to see it; but we probably stay at 3 and take Allen/Bosa/Q.

20 minutes ago, Larz said:

I think most of the teams in the top 4 want out 

I think there isn't a QB worth trading up for 

I think the Jets will get a great pass rusher at 3 and that's OK 

This - there's no one worth the cost of moving up.

I think we’re virtually guaranteed to stay put.

I don’t see anyone giving up multiple picks to land someone like Murray or Haskins. This QB class is complete garbage compared to last year.

Stick at #3 and finally solve the passrush dilemma, hopefully.

4 minutes ago, slats said:

I think Mac is determined to trade down, and will take a lesser deal to get it done. 

This is okay, depending on how far down we're talking.  A little less than chart value to drop 2-3 spots, Fine.  Poor value to get into the mid-teens.  Awful.

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I think we’re virtually guaranteed to stay put.

I don’t see anyone giving up multiple picks to land someone like Murray or Haskins. This QB class is complete garbage compared to last year.

Stick at #3 and finally solve the passrush dilemma, hopefully.

Unfortunately I think you are right.

QB class is really not good and there is no one worthy enough to give up a boat load of picks. 

Not happening.  Murray either goes number 1 or he falls into the teens.  Haskins is fools gold--if the Giants like him they'll sit at 6 and if he's there, he's there and if not they'll pick Jones at 17 or Lock at 6.  I don't believe the Raiders will want to jump from 4 to 3 like some are fantisizing, and I think Denver Jags Bucs Miami all stay put.   

19 hours ago, Larz said:

I think most of the teams in the top 4 want out 

I think there isn't a QB worth trading up for 

I think the Jets will get a great pass rusher at 3 and that's OK 

this is the truth 

everyone wants to talk about trading down but getting from 6 to 3 took 3 second round picks last year 

it's a steep price to pay for... who exactly? 

if teams are trading up for a non QB, the Jets should take that player 

18 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Haskins is fools gold--if the Giants like him they'll sit at 6 and if he's there, he's there and if not they'll pick Jones at 17 or Lock at 6.   

The Giants won't take a QB at all this year they and many these teams are looking to next year where there are like 3 prospects better than Murray and Haskins. 

Tua, Bama 

Fromm, UGA 

Herbert, Oregon

18 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Unfortunately I think you are right.

QB class is really not good and there is no one worthy enough to give up a boat load of picks. 

Not happening.  Murray either goes number 1 or he falls into the teens.  Haskins is fools gold--if the Giants like him they'll sit at 6 and if he's there, he's there and if not they'll pick Jones at 17 or Lock at 6.  I don't believe the Raiders will want to jump from 4 to 3 like some are fantisizing, and I think Denver Jags Bucs Miami all stay put.   

I think someone will move up for Haskins. 

Like this tweet says....Don't think someone will wait around.

Sure feels like we're standing still at 3 and grabbing a pass rusher, which is certainly fine with me!

I do wonder if there's a team farther down that gets frisky and offers a deal...  Maybe someone like the Eagles see their SB window closing so they make a leap to grab an elite pass rusher or CB... Or maybe the Colts try to reload one more time for Luck.

I don't know. Just looking at teams that might be willing to risk the future a bit to get over the hump and to the SB. The cost would be astronomical so it's super unlikely... But who knows?!

Also would be interesting if Cincinnati wants to come up to #3 to get Haskins. It's not a spectacular trade but I think their 2020 #1 and a #3 could be enough to get it done.

Also would be kind of interesting to see if the Raiders move up to #1 with Arizona. Do the Cardinals really want to miss out on Bosa/Williams? Bet Macc would be willing to move down to #4 but his BPA history should be enough to get the Cardinals to believe he'd take the top guy on their board - and Arizona would have a ton of ammo.

20 hours ago, slats said:

I think Mac is determined to trade down, and will take a lesser deal to get it done. 

i happen to agree.  i think he will deviate from the classic draft chart if need be.  and it's not merely about pure value based on the chart or what he dealt last year to get darnold.  it's about what is best for the jets.  if the jets can get a few extra picks and still get a good edge rusher, that trade is great for them.  

i think this will be the biggest needs-based draft for mccagnan.  they're not taking a qb/wr/rb in the early rounds, and hopefully, no safeties.  there's a few positions that really need an infusion of talent and the more picks he has on day 2 the better.

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We want to trade down but i dont see it happening.  Trading down, gathering more picks and taking hockenson would best bast case scenario.

But staying at 3 and taking Allen will be fine too.

Hockensen is probably going to be really good, but how would we do things on offense if we took him?  Run a ton of 2-TE sets with Crowder only on the field in 3rd down or obvious passing situations?  Herndon coming off the field a lot? 

Hockensen just screams luxury pick even after a trade down. 

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Hockensen is probably going to be really good, but how would we do things on offense if we took him?  Run a ton of 2-TE sets with Crowder only on the field in 3rd down or obvious passing situations?  Herndon coming off the field a lot? 

Hockensen just screams luxury pick even after a trade down. 

Run an offense like the pats did when they had gronk/hernandez.

20 hours ago, slats said:

Do you really think he'd do that considering what he had to pay to move up to #3 last year?  Guess I'm thinking the opposite.  If it makes him look bad he won't do it...

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

I think someone will move up for Haskins. 

Like this tweet says....Don't think someone will wait around.

IDK about this, I think a lot of QB's get banged a lot leading up to the draft.  

And what's this weirdo care about their sex life?

Jets have an opportunity to pick their edge rusher for the next 8-10 years.  Maybe they do not truly believe in these guys. But if they do, will they let Macc trade down and make multiple picks to try and save his job after this year?

10 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Do you really think he'd do that considering what he had to pay to move up to #3 last year?  Guess I'm thinking the opposite.  If it makes him look bad he won't do it...

I don't think he'll take an embarrassing trade, but I do think he'll take less than the internet draft pick trade chart to get himself additional picks to fill additional holes this year. I don't remember him getting an extension (maybe I'm wrong) when Gase was signed, which means he's only signed thru 2020. IMO, he's GM'ing for his job, and despite no one coming out and saying it, this year is something of a "playoffs or bust" year. 

I agree here: 

43 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i happen to agree.  i think he will deviate from the classic draft chart if need be.  and it's not merely about pure value based on the chart or what he dealt last year to get darnold.  it's about what is best for the jets.  if the jets can get a few extra picks and still get a good edge rusher, that trade is great for them.  

i think this will be the biggest needs-based draft for mccagnan.  they're not taking a qb/wr/rb in the early rounds, and hopefully, no safeties.  there's a few positions that really need an infusion of talent and the more picks he has on day 2 the better.

Yes, holes have to be filled and sitting on his hands for over 60 picks between his first and third round picks will be maddening for him. Despite opinions around here, he's not a complete idiot. He understands as well as we all do that the team needs to build around his QB (Bell, Crowder, and Osemele attest to this). He always seemed to defer to his coaches at draft time, and this year he's got an offensive head coach to pull the draft in his direction. Adam Gase is a paradigm shift for a Jets team that hasn't has a head coach from the offensive side of the ball since the 1990s. I think it's safe to assume that came from up high, and supporting him is paramount. Problem is that the top of the draft is all defense unless you're forcing a QB pick. He could trade down and still take defense in the first round, but he needs, at least, a second rounder this year to hit the OL, WR, or TE positions. 

I definitely think this will be a very needs-based draft while he calls it another BAP draft. His job is potentially on the line. 

21 hours ago, Lith said:

Every year, with the exception of last year, we talk about trading down and getting more picks.  Yet it never happens.  The only time we traded back in the last 20 years was the Doug Jolley trade.  The time before that was 1997.  We traded down twice and came away with James Farrior and a couple of 4th rounders.  After passing on two HOFers.  Be careful what you wish for.

I have come to grips with the fact that a trade down is not likely, I want to see it; but we probably stay at 3 and take Allen/Bosa/Q.

I agree with this. 

Tho, I will concede this is the most “push to trade back” I’ve seen from the organization, ever. We’re basically broadcasting our desire - so even I’m a little optimistic. 

4 minutes ago, slats said:

I don't think he'll take an embarrassing trade, but I do think he'll take less than the internet draft pick trade chart to get himself additional picks to fill additional holes this year.

but instant starters happen at the top of the draft 

the further down you go, the more developmental the prospect usually gets 

if the Jets can get 1 impact player at 3 it helps more than developing 5 different great prospects. As you say, Mac doesn't have the time 

Archived