What is your local NFL team?

14 hours ago, TeddEY said:

This is a good thread.  I’m genuinely surprised by the responses.  I’m sure most who live here aren’t responding, but surprised by how many people outside the area there are.

I’m in Manhattan.  Sometimes I fantasize about moving to AZ.  I won’t.

At least speaking for myself, I found this forum after my son went off to college and I had nobody to talk Jets football with during the season.  Wife and daughter would look at me like I was speaking a foreign language.  I would watch games by myself, often screaming at the TV; with the wife just shaking her head "You know, they can't hear you through the TV  Why can't you just sit quietly and watch a game." 

I had to find someone who understood what I was going through with this team.  First found JI, and then migrated over here after the Scout fiasco.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

20 year veteran here: Fort Bragg (Panthers), Fort Riley (Chiefs/Rams), Schofield Barracks (Pro Bowl), Camp Blanding, FL (Jaguars), Fort Benning (Falcons), Fort Irwin (49ers/Raiders), South Korea

The Giants

That's one of the more awful mascots I've seen.

Posted Images

Lived on LI for essentially my entire life. Planning to move to the Yucatan Peninsula, perhaps as soon as this coming football season. So then it will be the fish. **** them. 

14 hours ago, TeddEY said:

This is a good thread.  I’m genuinely surprised by the responses.  I’m sure most who live here aren’t responding, but surprised by how many people outside the area there are.

I’m in Manhattan.  Sometimes I fantasize about moving to AZ.  I won’t.

I’m surprised at how recognizable posters are out-of-area. 

My wife and I just came back from a week long babymoon in Arizona. It’s beautiful, and I’m more of a mountain and woods guy than a beach and ocean guy, so I too have always fantasized about moving to AZ. We won’t because she wants to be near family, and our families mostly lives in the southeast and Tampa. But at least she’s open to getting out of here.

• Upvote 2
15 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I'm from Manhattan, myself. 

NY will always have my heart, but it's good to check out other places in the U.S. This country is so beautiful 

I've seen plenty of the country.  Will continue to do so.  Living is a different story.

2 hours ago, Lith said:

At least speaking for myself, I found this forum after my son went off to college and I had nobody to talk Jets football with during the season.  Wife and daughter would look at me like I was speaking a foreign language.  I would watch games by myself, often screaming at the TV; with the wife just shaking her head "You know, they can't hear you through the TV  Why can't you just sit quietly and watch a game." 

I had to find someone who understood what I was going through with this team.  First found JI, and then migrated over here after the Scout fiasco.

I found JI in undergrad when I lived in the [redacted] that is Bills Country.  I remember sitting in a dorm lounge with a bunch of Bills fans, when Chad Morton ran a kick back for a game winner, I believe in OT vs. the Bills.  This had to be 2002 and it cemented my outsider status but upped my love of the Jets and football.  JI was a way to connect with others, just like you're talking about.  Came to JN when JI became a cesspool of antisemitism and racism but as long as it jived with the owners politics, it was all good.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I’m surprised at how recognizable posters are out-of-area. 

My wife and I just came back from a week long babymoon in Arizona. It’s beautiful, and I’m more of a mountain and woods guy than a beach and ocean guy, so I too have always fantasized about moving to AZ. We won’t because she wants to be near family, and our families mostly lives in the southeast and Tampa. But at least she’s open to getting out of here.

So funny - we did our babymoon in AZ as well.  Fairmont Scottsdale.  Great property.  My wife and I have gone to AZ twice and loved it - the first time, funny enough, we were at a Rangers game here, and they mentioned the upcoming schedule, and it was a brutal winter and the Rangers were playing the Coyotes on Valentines Day.  Kind of talked about it for a few minutes, and then booked flights the next day.  We had a great time.

My family lives in Northern NJ and wife's family is a few blocks away in the city.  Hard to leave.  Free childcare is nice.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I've seen plenty of the country.  Will continue to do so.  Living is a different story.

I found JI in undergrad when I lived in the [redacted] that is Bills Country.  I remember sitting in a dorm lounge with a bunch of Bills fans, when Chad Morton ran a kick back for a game winner, I believe in OT vs. the Bills.  This had to be 2002 and it cemented my outsider status but upped my love of the Jets and football.  JI was a way to connect with others, just like you're talking about.  Came to JN when JI became a cesspool of antisemitism and racism but as long as it jived with the owners politics, it was all good.

So funny - we did our babymoon in AZ as well.  Fairmont Scottsdale.  Great property.  My wife and I have gone to AZ twice and loved it - the first time, funny enough, we were at a Rangers game here, and they mentioned the upcoming schedule, and it was a brutal winter and the Rangers were playing the Coyotes on Valentines Day.  Kind of talked about it for a few minutes, and then booked flights the next day.  We had a great time.

My family lives in Northern NJ and wife's family is a few blocks away in the city.  Hard to leave.  Free childcare is nice.

I also found JI in undergrad. I was in pats* country and wanted people to talk Jets with. JI and later, JN have been a fixture on my internet browsers ever since.

My wife did her bach in Scottsdale a few years ago. When it came time to plan the Babymoon, my cousin told us to head to Fairmont Scottsdale because that's where they did theirs just last year, and couldn't rave about it enough. They essentially stayed on property for the whole trip, enjoying the babymoon services. However, between my wife already having been to Scottsdale, and both of us looking to do more of an active babymoon, we went to the Grand Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon, and Sedona. Lots of easy hiking/walking trails, the beautiful landscapes and natural formations served as grand backgrounds for her babymoon pictures, and she still got to do all of her wellness/prenatal care/massages.

re: the bolded - Those are the best trips. This past November we wanted to go somewhere warm, but with Zika, most of our choices were limited. I was commuting to work on a Monday morning and MetroNorth had just changed the adverts, and there was a big Bermuda poster. Long story short, the next weekend we were in Bermuda for three days, and it was just an awesome time.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Lith said:

LOL......girls

38 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I also found JI in undergrad. I was in pats* country and wanted people to talk Jets with. JI and later, JN have been a fixture on my internet browsers ever since.

My wife did her bach in Scottsdale a few years ago. When it came time to plan the Babymoon, my cousin told us to head to Fairmont Scottsdale because that's where they did theirs just last year, and couldn't rave about it enough. They essentially stayed on property for the whole trip, enjoying the babymoon services. However, between my wife already having been to Scottsdale, and both of us looking to do more of an active babymoon, we went to the Grand Canyon, Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon, and Sedona. Lots of easy hiking/walking trails, the beautiful landscapes and natural formations served as grand backgrounds for her babymoon pictures, and she still got to do all of her wellness/prenatal care/massages.

re: the bolded - Those are the best trips. This past November we wanted to go somewhere warm, but with Zika, most of our choices were limited. I was commuting to work on a Monday morning and MetroNorth had just changed the adverts, and there was a big Bermuda poster. Long story short, the next weekend we were in Bermuda for three days, and it was just an awesome time.

1st off, congrats.  Is this your first?  Impressed that you did an active babymoon.  Sounds great.  We sat on our asses.  Left the property to go out to dinners, but otherwise, just hung out by the pool.

We just had our 2nd a month ago tomorrow.  Didn't do a babymoon this time, because we went away over christmas break, and just couldn't carve out the time.

We did Bermuda in August, Farmont Southhampton.  Was awesome.  Everything is a fortune there though.  Hilarious with the Zika because it seemed like all of the women of a certain age (including us, about 10wks at the time) were pregnant.

• Upvote 1

Grew up on Eastern Long Island. 

Spent 4 years in Falcons country. 

Spent 13 years in Bucs country. 

Spent 8 years in Panthers country. 

Now live in a weird crossroads of Eagles, Ravens, and Redskins. 

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

1st off, congrats.  Is this your first?  Impressed that you did an active babymoon.  Sounds great.  We sat on our asses.  Left the property to go out to dinners, but otherwise, just hung out by the pool.

We just had our 2nd a month ago tomorrow.  Didn't do a babymoon this time, because we went away over christmas break, and just couldn't carve out the time.

We did Bermuda in August, Farmont Southhampton.  Was awesome.  Everything is a fortune there though.  Hilarious with the Zika because it seemed like all of the women of a certain age (including us, about 10wks at the time) were pregnant.

Thanks, congrats to you as well on the 2nd! This is our first. I'm still getting in tune with these things, but I believe a babymoon is only for the first anyway, so I don't think you missed the boat on it.

Funny you mention the amount of pregnant people in Bermuda. Zika bumped up their tourism big-time. My wife had a great time counting the amount of (other) pregnant women we encountered.

We wanted to do Fairmont Southhampton but they were booked solid for that weekend (couldn't believe it when we were looking, but it turns out that the Rugby World Cup was in Bermuda that same weekend, so most of the hotels were booked very early on). It actually worked out well because we paid almost the same rate and did an AirBnB in a guesthouse with hosts who couldn't be nicer and inspirational. An elderly couple, he's from Britain, she's from Minnesota, both are in the capital markets like myself, and they have a gorgeous house literally sitting atop the Hamilton Harbor. They invited us up for breakfast one morning and we talked for an hour about their life, and it's essentially what my wife and I are hoping for trajectory. Move to wherever we want, kids, healthy/active lifestyle, philanthropy, and a very strong bank account.

Anyway, yes, we did a lot of sitting around on our asses in Bermuda, and we both enjoy hiking in mountainous regions, so we decided to do an active babymoon. To be clear though, the hikes and walks were about as easy as they get - saw a few other preggos on the trails so we knew it wasn't strenuous enough to worry.

Live in Denver now so deep in Broncos territory but Broncos fans aren't too bad, minus leftover Tebow fans still talking about him. 

Used to live in Dallas which was a lot worse. Dallas fans think they are super bowl bound every year. One of the many, many reasons I prefer living in Denver is being in an AFC town so I get to see the Jets play locally more than twice every decade and Jets are on broadcast slightly more often. 

• Upvote 1
On 4/10/2019 at 6:47 AM, Jet Fan RI said:

Pats.

And believe it or not, far from getting beat up while wearing Jet gear, Pat fans have actually bought me beers. OK, the last time that happened was when the Jets beat the Pats in the divisional round. It was like the Pat fans were so embarrassed by their team's performance, they felt they had to pay up to a Jet fan who I guess they thought was visiting from the NYC area. Oh well, their loss.

Whenever I get razzed by Cheats fans up here in VT, usually when I am wearing my Jets jacket, I say "Well, there's one way that Jets fans have it better than Pats fans." They look mystified, and ask "What's that?" My reply: "Jet gear is ALWAYS on sale!" And it gets a good laugh.

11 hours ago, Lith said:

And I live in Northern IL, about 50 miles northwest of Chicago.  Bears country with a smattering of Packers fans thrown in.  Almost feel like I share a kinship with my Packer fan friends during the season.  Their hatred and my dislike for the Bears draws us together.

I'm in the same general area, but a bit further north.

About ten miles from the Wisconsin state line so it's more 70-30 Bears-Packers here.

18 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Live in Denver now so deep in Broncos territory but Broncos fans aren't too bad, minus leftover Tebow fans still talking about him

Used to live in Dallas which was a lot worse. Dallas fans think they are super bowl bound every year. One of the many, many reasons I prefer living in Denver is being in an AFC town so I get to see the Jets play locally more than twice every decade and Jets are on broadcast slightly more often. 

Are you sure that Broncos fans are the only ones that are still talking about him? 

What part of Denver are you located?  I just saw in the news they are shutting down the 270 this weekend! 

Tim+Tebow+New+York+Jets+v+Seattle+Seahawks+mXDMTi_KuMIl.jpg

2 hours ago, 82nd Airborne said:

Are you sure that Broncos fans are the only ones that are still talking about him? 

What part of Denver are you located?  I just saw in the news they are shutting down the 270 this weekend! 

Tim+Tebow+New+York+Jets+v+Seattle+Seahawks+mXDMTi_KuMIl.jpg

Florida fans as well. I don't think too many Jets fans look back fondly on the Tebow/Sanchez duo.

On the east side. I think they are shutting down I-70 this weekend for construction. That's going to make the entire northern half of the city plus all the northern suburbs a total mess.

15 hours ago, SilentRob928 said:

Im in Rochester. Bills fans at “The Ralph” can be savage. 

I went to a game in Buffalo, about 8-10 years ago, during the Rez-Sanchez years.  I get there with my son, wearing our Jets gear, we take our seats, and a security guard walks over to us and tells me he will watch out for me, makes sure we don't have to take too much abuse.  Thinking its gonna be a long day -- how much abuse is too much.

Couple of guys sit down next to us, start giving us a hard time -- all good natured though.  Beer man comes around and I offer to buy a round for the guys sitting next to us.  As the section fills up, they start telling everyone around them that we are okay.  A lot of back and forth all game long, but all good natured.  We kicked their asses that day, but nobody kicked mine.  Was a great trip up to Buffalo.  Those couple of beers may have been the best investment I ever made.

19 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

No, actually.  Can’t even tell you who they are.

Tnx. A friend of mine told me about them. They supposedly were part of the whole Golden Gate park era, played at all the big free concerts etc. When you told the story of the time you saw Jimi, it made me think of them, because he was a big fan of theirs, especially the lead guitarist.

22 minutes ago, section314 said:

Tnx. A friend of mine told me about them. They supposedly were part of the whole Golden Gate park era, played at all the big free concerts etc. When you told the story of the time you saw Jimi, it made me think of them, because he was a big fan of theirs, especially the lead guitarist.

Looked them up, not familiar with them at all.  What was great about those times was these groups would tour in caravans, so you could see several big acts at one concert, for one price.  

I wish I had kept some of the awesome posters!  

E3A77B94-37B7-4562-837C-3EE37148E97D.jpeg

• Like 1
On 4/11/2019 at 9:39 AM, TeddEY said:

JI was a way to connect with others, just like you're talking about.  Came to JN when JI became a cesspool of antisemitism and racism but as long as it jived with the owners politics, it was all good.

Ahh the good ol' days.

I live in Neptune Beach, FL, which is basically a nice part of Jax Beach that the locals specifically call Neptune because we're snobby upscale dbags that want people to know we live in a nice part of the beach.  Jacksonville Jaguars are the local team.

I was born in Nassau County Hospital.  We lived in Valley Stream, Long Island at the time.  Parents both born and raised in Brooklyn.   We moved to Orlando when I was 9.  The Magic werent even in town at that point.  The Dolphins were the dominant fanbase for Orlando growing up, so there was no possible way we were becoming Fins fans and the Bucs were the laughing stock...so we stuck with all the sh*tty NY teams my father forced upon us: Jets, Mets, Knicks, Islanders.   Never really had NY sports fans to talk to as a kid.

Not till I joined JI back in college to talk to Jets fans because we were pretty good during that time frame.  98-03 I was in college.  Unfortunately, I went to school during the Ron Zook years and graduated right before the back to back National Championships in Hoops, so Florida sports werent as interesting as the Jets at the time. lol  Plus, I really wasnt into college sports until I got to campus.  

I cant get enough of your love. 

I grew up in West Chester county and became a Jets fan in 1968 at the tender age of 7.  Lived in Bears country after college then Bengals country for 20 years, then, much to my dismay moved to Hartford CT, we all know that city and story where I met my Pats fan wife!  I now live in Scottsdale where I get to laugh at the Arizona Cardinals on a daily basis!!!  At least in the in the early 2010's they were fun to watch...not anymore.  But........I will always be a Jets fan!!

9 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Florida fans as well. I don't think too many Jets fans look back fondly on the Tebow/Sanchez duo.

On the east side. I think they are shutting down I-70 this weekend for construction. That's going to make the entire northern half of the city plus all the northern suburbs a total mess.

I just saw on CDOT's that the closure will be from Colorado Blvd. to the I-270. The best alternative route is on 56th.