According to one "expert" there are 6 Gold Jacket type prospects in 2019

jetstream23

5 hours ago, choon328 said:

I would love for someone to keep a record of all the people who think the Jets line is fine so that next season they can be called out when Bell can't find an open hole to run through and Darnold gets hurt. 

On that same list you should keep all the people who say pass rush isn't important; I'm sure many of them will be complaining when Brady et al have "all day" to throw against us.

And for the record, I personally don't think the line is "fine" - it's not as bad as the rep it gets, and could be upgraded, yes. What I don't see is the value in many of the proposed upgrades when compared to other options.

E.g. Jonah Williams. Is he going to start this year over Beachum at LT? Highly doubtful. Would he be a far better player at RT than Shell? Might be an upgrade, might not. He won't get a sniff at LG with Osemele in the fold. RG - much of an upgrade over Winters? His best value to us might be at center, but I don't think he's ever played there before. So he may be a down-the-line starter, but may not start Week 1. Is that what we want out of our top draft pick?

Now do Nick Bosa or Josh Allen vs. Brandon Copeland. Different story. Day 1 starter in both cases - no contest.

Bradbury is an interesting case. I could see him starting Day 1 for us easily if we picked him. But how far down do you trade before you risk missing out on him - and what's plan B if you do miss out? Or do you not drop back so far and draft him earlier, to be sure you get him? Tough calls whichever way it goes.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, slats said:

*raises hand* 

A quick perusing of mocks has Bradbury generally going at the bottom of the first round, which is a perfectly acceptable place for a pro bowl caliber C to be drafted. It's where Mangold was drafted. 

It sounds right for where he would be drafted, which could make it tricky for us to get him. A long way to trade down - especially if he ends up going before we pick.

More likely if we trade down a bit from #3 and pick up a high-ish second in the deal, then trade back up to bottom of first if he's still there. If Macc can pull that off I'll stop giving him such a hard time - at least for a few weeks. ;-) 

Archived