Who will offer us the most?

Patriot Killa

Who will offer the most for our #3 pick?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Select one.

• Giants
    • Broncos
    • Redskins
    • Other

No one is going to offer anything serious. You don’t sell the farm for a mediocre QB prospect like Murray or Haskins.

And frankly, the only trade scenario I’d be legitimately interested in would be the Giants offering #6 and #17 to move up. Otherwise, tell these teams to go f*ck themselves and take Bosa/Allen at #3.

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

No one is going to offer anything serious. You don’t sell the farm for a mediocre QB prospect like Murray or Haskins.

Well if that’s the case than why is one of the top 3 QB’s from an extremely hyped 2018 QB class being shopped for a 2019 QB

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Well if that’s the case than why is one of the top 3 QB’s from an extremely hyped 2018 QB class being shopped for a 2019 QB

Because Steve Keim and the rest of the Cardinals brass are a bunch of incompetent dildos who are seemingly trying to build that entire organization around Kliff Kingsbury.

The Cardinals are set to become the new Cleveland Browns for the next decade plus. Or in other words, revert back to what they always were during the pre-Kurt Warner days.

I’m not counting on these other teams being that ridiculously stupid.

10 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

And frankly, the only trade scenario I’d be legitimately interested in would be the Giants offering #6 and #17 to move up. Otherwise, tell these teams to go f*ck themselves and take Bosa/Allen at #3.

Why I don’t see the giants offering the 17th.. they could still get Haskins at 6. But I think I see gettleman’s plan.. by sticking with Eli , and trading away their best player, they are almost guaranteed to get a top five pick next yr. With a much better qb class.. Remember the mistake Mac made, by picking hackenberg yr before, he didn’t consider mohomes.  

12 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The jints and Jets aren't making a deal. 

The Jets are in a good position to move back simply because the Raiders pick behind them. The Raiders are rumored to be in the market for either a QB or a pass rusher. If rumors prove true, and the first two picks go Murray-Bosa, that would leave one EDGE, one less QB, and QW as, probably, the top rated, and safest, player left in the draft. There should be more than one team out there looking to get ahead of the Raiders for one of those guys, especially with Maccagnan all but putting the pick on Craig's List. 

10 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Because Steve Keim and the rest of the Cardinals brass are a bunch of incompetent dildos who are seemingly trying to build that entire organization around Kliff Kingsbury.

The Cardinals are set to become the new Cleveland Browns for the next decade plus. Or in other words, revert back to what they always were during the pre-Kurt Warner days.

I’m not counting on these other teams being that ridiculously stupid.

You really wouldn’t put it past Dan Snyder and the Redskins to do something stupid? Gettleman isn’t just smart if you think about it lmfao. Elway is not the brightest crayon either.

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You really wouldn’t put it past Dan Snyder and the Redskins to do something stupid? Gettleman isn’t just smart if you think about it lmfao. Elway is not the brightest crayon either.

I don’t see it happening 

I’m not in favor of trading down just for the sake of trading down.

If the Giants offered #6 and #17, I’d jump all over it. I may even say screw edgerusher in that scenario and look to walk away with Andre Dillard at 6 and scoop up Bradbury at 17.

Suddenly our OL goes from major question mark to potential major strength overnight.

But I don’t see Denver giving away multiple picks for a guy like Haskins. Elway could probably just stick at #10 and get his supposed favorite Drew Lock.

And for me to drop back 12 spots with Washington, they’d have to completely blow my t!ts off with an offer. Say...#15, their 2nd and 3rd rounders this year as well as their 1st and 2nd next year, minimum. I don’t even think Snyder would bite on that. Not for someone like Haskins.

28 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

ct-spt-bears-mitch-trubisky-real-talk-20

6 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If the Giants offered #6 and #17, I’d jump all over it. I may even say screw edgerusher in that a scenario and look to walk away with Andre Dillard at 6 and scoop up Bradbury at 17.

Suddenly our OL goes from major question mark to potential major strength overnight.

This is what I want to happen but I wouldn’t be surprised if Bradbury went top 15

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

because he was the 4th QB taken in that draft...not the 1st...2nd...or 3rd..

Ok but the consensus top 3 was Rosen, Baker and Darnold. Rosen was regraded as most pro ready but maaany. You can’t tell me most draft pundits didn’t have Rosen pinned before Josh Allen.

I would love it if the Jets could acquire multiple picks for #3. I would be ecstatic if they were able to get the Giants picks or even one of those picks and a 2nd rounder+. I just don't see the Giants trading with the Jets.

I think the Jets will wind up picking at 3. I think the Cards will not pick Murray and Bosa will be the guy. I think Allen/ Williams goes 2 and the Jets will get whomever is left. Murray/Haskins are not generating enough buzz to make me believe they will be as sought after as some believe.

Don't get me wrong my preference is trade that pick and get a much needed 2nd rounder but I think its going to shake out as above.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

I would love it if the Jets could acquire multiple picks for #3. I would be ecstatic if they were able to get the Giants picks or even one of those picks and a 2nd rounder+. I just don't see the Giants trading with the Jets.

I think the Jets will wind up picking at 3. I think the Cards will not pick Murray and Bosa will be the guy. I think Allen/ Williams goes 2 and the Jets will get whomever is left. Murray/Haskins are not generating enough buzz to make me believe they will be as sought after as some believe.

Don't get me wrong my preference is trade that pick and get a much needed 2nd rounder but I think its going to shake out as above.

If it fell like this, the phones ringing off the hook.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t see it happening 

I’m not in favor of trading down just for the sake of trading down.

If the Giants offered #6 and #17, I’d jump all over it. I may even say screw edgerusher in that scenario and look to walk away with Andre Dillard at 6 and scoop up Bradbury at 17.

But I don’t see Denver giving away multiple picks for a guy like Haskins. Elway could probably just stick at #10 and get his supposed favorite Drew Lock.

And for me to drop back 12 spots with Washington, they’d have to completely blow my t!ts off with an offer. Say...#15, their 2nd and 3rd rounders this year as well as their 1st and 2nd next year, minimum. I don’t even think Snyder would bite on that. Not for someone like Haskins.

Dude taking Dillard in that scenario would be horrendous.

2 hours ago, slats said:

The jints and Jets aren't making a deal. 

The Jets are in a good position to move back simply because the Raiders pick behind them. The Raiders are rumored to be in the market for either a QB or a pass rusher. If rumors prove true, and the first two picks go Murray-Bosa, that would leave one EDGE, one less QB, and QW as, probably, the top rated, and safest, player left in the draft. There should be more than one team out there looking to get ahead of the Raiders for one of those guys, especially with Maccagnan all but putting the pick on Craig's List. 

However, if the Raiders really go after a QB, that means that both Carr and Rosen are available to go to the Giants, Redskins, Bengals, etc, which makes the Jets pick relatively worthless unless the Raiders swap with them. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

However, if the Raiders really go after a QB, that means that both Carr and Rosen are available to go to the Giants, Redskins, Bengals, etc, which makes the Jets pick relatively worthless unless the Raiders swap with them. 

The fatty is spot on. You get a cookie!

Just now, T0mShane said:

Yeah, but no one will actually know what the Raiders are doing until they do it. And it’s not in their best interests to let that be known. Their subterfuge works for the Jets, especially if they’re not interested in a QB. 

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Yeah, but no one will actually know what the Raiders are doing until they do it. And it’s not in their best interests to let that be known. Their subterfuge works for the Jets, especially if they’re not interested in a QB. 

Ah ha! But if they draft Haskins (or Lock) at 4, then Carr’s value plummets! They’d have to have the parameters of a deal for Carr in hand before the draft begins, I’d think. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Ah ha! But if they draft Haskins (or Lock) at 4, then Carr’s value plummets! They’d have to have the parameters of a deal for Carr in hand before the draft begins, I’d think. 

They’d need to do that quietly, and if so, it wouldn’t hurt the Jets. I’d they did it publicly, teams would be running to trade up in front of them. The Raiders situation is a boon to the Jets trade down options. 

The know Mac sucks, but this is too easy not to exploit. 

I'm not so sure that the league is valuing these QB's so lightly

1. Murray rates better than the field of 18/19 in FO's new functional mobility model
  2. Murray and Haskins rates better than Darnold and Allen in Qbase*
  3. The neanderthal and pals over at PFF rank Murray the second best QB prospect of the past 2 years behind Mayfield although there was some disagreement whether Murray and Darnold were equivalent or Murray superior

Given that the NFL is a copy cat league and we are fresh off a year where both of these outlets are looking pretty good for rating Mayfield the #1 prospect I wouldn't be surprised if these two are valued more than we think by certain teams.

*Qbase doesn't factor in running ability which undervalues Murray: 

One other issue that's important for discussing Murray, although not Haskins: QBASE only gives a projection for passing performance in the NFL, not a projection for rushing value. That's going to be a big additional part of what Murray brings to an NFL offense.

Links:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/qb-functional-mobility-model-2019

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2019/qbase-2019

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/qbase-2018

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Things that Gettleman might say?

Archived