OT: You big tough guys out of NJ

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s been my experience that kids now are more emotionally intelligent and empathetic than they’ve ever been. They’re a lot less sh*tty than when I was young. Anyone else seeing this?

Maybe they were just being sh*tty to you, Tom.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

What about a very serious conversation? 

"He was wearing a pink banana republic T-shirt, khaki shorts, and he was driving a mauve colored-van with a surfboard rack on top. He was kinda just hanging around the park and said he was looking for 'grom talent'. That's when I immediately called you, officer."

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Thanks for sharing this photo of your stomach herpes.

That's not me.... I'm not that scrawny....

But my stomach herpes (wax rash) look worse than that if I surfed without a shirt...sometimes it breaks skin, swelling...gnarly stuff.  And then I cant show off my tan toned body on the beach and at the pool.  Ya know? 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s been my experience that kids now are more emotionally intelligent and empathetic than they’ve ever been. They’re a lot less sh*tty than when I was young. Anyone else seeing this?

From my experiences, which are much higher in volume than the average joe due to teaching, 100%. College kids are more informed than any previous generation, and that generally translates well to empathy. But at the same time they have a hard time just sitting and being a person due to being raised in an age where tech and social media is the norm, which is the fault of older people, not them. 

That said the smugness and overall idiocy of people seems to be much less prevalent with the under-25 crowd, at least on college campuses. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

My gawd man, what kind of disgusting pig would go there for a laugh over a story like this?  

gross

Haha, this one! But the last 1/2 page was filled with talk of herpes and multiple quotes of a bare chest. I was just following your lead tonto

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

From my experiences, which are much higher in volume than the average joe due to teaching, 100%. College kids are more informed than any previous generation, and that generally translates well to empathy. But at the same time they have a hard time just sitting and being a person due to being raised in an age where tech and social media is the norm, which is the fault of older people, not them. 

That said the smugness and overall idiocy of people seems to be much less prevalent with the under-25 crowd, at least on college campuses. 

Hahahahaaaa.  

53 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This has been my experience, too. It’s disconcerting because they’re so, like, without pretense(?) emotionally. It’s like talking to aliens.