Rhg1084

Browns @ Jets week 1 MNF

if this is indeed the case- I'm 1-1 on picking the schedule in the pick the schedule contest.   

• Haha 1

Not the opening I wanted. Our corners and edge need to be beefed up by opening day and its a weak draft for cb’s. 

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Or the circle jerk we call Tom Shane. Wait is that a personal attack?  :)

For that you would need to prove that Shane was a person. 

8 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I once met Nancy Kerrigan at a golf course here in Sarasota.  I swear, standing next to her, I thought she was like 4'11".  She was so short.

So she was Baker Mayfield’s height? LOL

Better yet, Jared Leto’s height?

9 hours ago, nycdan said:

Year 2 of the Ginger Baker Bowl.  

Can't wait.

I was there, in the front of the crowd for THE first big concert by a “super group”, at the Earl Warren Showgrounds In Santa Barbara!  

Blind Faith - Eric Clapton, Stevie Winwood and Ginger Baker!  

90165C79-F1AA-4B1B-A266-8F3E72562C6D.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Anyone want to guess what the point spread will be on this game? Browns favored by 3 maybe?

• Upvote 1

Eh I'll take my chances....home game and I'd rather play them week 1 then week 11. remember what happened the last time we opened against a rookie HC

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

42-12 Browns. The last time Beckham faced Trumaine Johnson and Gregg Williams, Williams put a bounty on Beckham and Beckham responded by punching Johnson in the face mask and shredding the living sh*t out of him in the second half of the game. 

Buttfumble me all you want, ****ers. That line is going to open Browns -9

CCCCE8BC-3652-4B39-B81B-DCFC0B082A1E.jpeg

• Thumb Down 6

5 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I was there, in the front of the crowd for THE first big concert by a “super group”, at the Earl Warren Showgrounds In Santa Barbara!  

Blind Faith - Eric Clapton, Stevie Winwood and Ginger Baker!  

90165C79-F1AA-4B1B-A266-8F3E72562C6D.jpeg

So many great iterations of these guys back then.  Cream, Traffic, Blind Faith.  Loved them all.  Probably my favorite was Derek & the Dominoes because that Live at the Fillmore East album is sublime.  If I could go back in time and see one concert, that would be pretty much at the top of my list but I'm jealous of the one you saw too!  

• Upvote 1

I have always said: "it's not WHO you play, but WHEN you play them" and this is not good for the Jets IMHO.  Multiple reasons:

1.  Jets with new coaching staff, Bell, Darnold 2nd year, etc will need time to gel

2.  OBJ is a friggin cancer.  and as everyone knows, cancer does not kill on day one.  takes time to seep in and then kills from the inside.  by November, OBJ will have that team in an absolute tailspin, like he did with the giants

Just wish we were playing them later in the year.  it's too bad really.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Just to take the contrarian point of view: 

1) Defenses are usually ahead of offenses in the earlier part of the schedule. 

2) Greg Williams will have our defense fired the **** up going against his old team on Week 1. 

3) Hopefully we won't have any key member of our Defense injured so we will be at full strength. 

If I had to take my chances, I think our D will be better than their O on Week 1. I think our O will be at least competent enough to be able to score on their D. 

God, I hope you are right!  But I really think the whole "cancer effect" of OBJ cannot be overlooked.  On the other side, you have him returning "home" - and how does he respond to that?  does he play lights out, or does he fold?  hopefully the latter.

11 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Just “seen”, that drives me crazy!

C0927F7D-92AD-41B5-885D-C06D84F2CB97.png

And yet your boytoy uses that ridiculous illiterate term extensively on these forums.

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

42-12 Browns. The last time Beckham faced Trumaine Johnson and Gregg Williams, Williams put a bounty on Beckham and Beckham responded by punching Johnson in the face mask and shredding the living sh*t out of him in the second half of the game. 

F-beckham, F- the browns, F-cleveland, oh, and F- lebron too!

• Upvote 1

This will be a great prove it game for both teams no matter when it takes place. Jets and Browns are both on the rise. Winner of that game will be viewed as a potential playoff team.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Anyone want to guess what the point spread will be on this game? Browns favored by 3 maybe?

Jets -3

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I have always said: "it's not WHO you play, but WHEN you play them" and this is not good for the Jets IMHO.  Multiple reasons:

1.  Jets with new coaching staff, Bell, Darnold 2nd year, etc will need time to gel

2.  OBJ is a friggin cancer.  and as everyone knows, cancer does not kill on day one.  takes time to seep in and then kills from the inside.  by November, OBJ will have that team in an absolute tailspin, like he did with the giants

The Browns are in the exact same situation if you switch OBJ for Bell.

• Upvote 1

Week 1 is about having your team prepared.  And preparation is about coaching and strategy.  I''l take Gase/Williams over Kitchens/Wilks. Especially since Williams can provide invaluable insight into the Browns O under Kitchens as well as the strengths and weaknesses of their defenders. Ya think Gase is going to pick Williams brain about what certain defenders do not do well?. . .     Yeah, me too. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Jets -3

I think it might be closer to Pickem... Jets - 1ish... Jets at home give - 3 for home field browns may be a point or 2 better then the jets on paper... But heavy money on browns will end jets +2.5 at kickoff 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The Browns are in the exact same situation if you switch OBJ for Bell.

very true.  However, Mayfield came into a MUCH better offensive team last year than Sam had that's for sure!  I remember this time last year, when it was apparent Sam was going to go #1, I was trying to convince myself Baker would be ok as our QB:  "yeah hes' short, but so is Drew Brees", "yeah he's a jacka$$, but we will right that ship", etc etc.  fast forward a year and people look at this clown as if he's the second coming!  

It's also amazing to me how people put Beckham on a pedestal and dismiss Bell.  
For those who choose to research/remember Bell's impact he takes a backseat to
no one when it comes to offensive "weapons" 

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, CTM said:

This is like Tyson talking a bit of smack and Michael Spinks responding lets do this.

Anything Browns should never be  compared to Tyson. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Buttfumble me all you want, ****ers. That line is going to open Browns -9

CCCCE8BC-3652-4B39-B81B-DCFC0B082A1E.jpeg

It absolutely will not open at -9.  The most it will be is a TD but I'm thinking more like -4.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, KRL said:

Agreed. My fear with him is a hamstring injury early on that lingers. It happens often with guys who are out for extended periods.

If he's 100 percent week 1, we will win

10 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I think it might be closer to Pickem... Jets - 1ish... Jets at home give - 3 for home field browns may be a point or 2 better then the jets on paper... But heavy money on browns will end jets +2.5 at kickoff 

Jets +7 idk...that Landry/Beckham/ Mayfield combo, combos are going to be very interesting.  I think they have the air, so we must control the clock with Bell..idk....gonna take time to get the D up to snuff. Williams needs some talent, and time. Heck, the whole team needs some time to mesh, meld, all get on the same page.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So many great iterations of these guys back then.  Cream, Traffic, Blind Faith.  Loved them all.  Probably my favorite was Derek & the Dominoes because that Live at the Fillmore East album is sublime.  If I could go back in time and see one concert, that would be pretty much at the top of my list but I'm jealous of the one you saw too!  

I got to see Derek and the Dominoes in SB as well, in those days it was first come, first serve seating, and my best friend and I devised a strategy to make it to the front rows while showing up an hour before the concert..,involving long, gauzy, off the shoulder white dresses and flowers in our hair.  😎

Clapton was my favorite, so I had the good fortune to see him with Cream, Blind Faith, Derick and the Dominoes, Delaney, Bonnie and Friends and as a solo artist multiple times.  

Fun times, had the opportunity to see many of the greatest artists of my time, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, LED Zeppelin, The Beatles (3x), The Rolling Stones (4x), Traffic, The Doors....to some of the greatest Bluesmen (and ladies) of all time, Howlin’ Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Etta James, Big Mama Thornton (suck it Elvis and your whitewashed Hound Dog), BB King...to Jazz greats like Miles Davis and Dexter Gordon.  I’m forgetting some, but you get the picture.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1

This is going to be a massively hyped game, if true. On paper, the Browns will be considered to have the more talented roster. The Jets have the better coaching staff. Let's go!

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Lon chaney said:

It absolutely will not open at -9.  The most it will be is a TD but I'm thinking more like -4.

The Browns lost four games by three points or less and closed the year on a 5-3 run. The Jets went 1-9 to close the season and, with rare exception, spent the year getting their ass handed to them. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

And yet your boytoy uses that ridiculous illiterate term extensively on these forums.

And???  I make grammatical errors as well, that particular one drives me nuts, so I posted it, but it has no indication of intelligence or ability to formulate a persuasive argument, or defend your argument with facts. 

You can be owned, regardless of the ”ownees” grammatical error....or, “irregardless” of that error.  😂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Legend Killa7 said:

On the other hand, if we pull it off, it's a great start to the year.

A few people on here thought this game would be week 1 MNF.  It makes sense even if we were on it last season as well for week 1.  I read somewhere a while back that the Jets Browns TNF game had high ratings.  

The Manziel vs Darnold matchup intrigued everyone.  Williams against his old team, Bell’s first game back, OBJ returning to Metlife and the fact that the NFL is trying all these historical things makes this game make sense.  

I figured week 1 would be against the Steelers or Browns or at Miami.  

33 minutes ago, KRL said:

Well apparently to Robby Anderson in another thread. 😂